Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Well, as Norman comes from Merseyside, I am very biased but-

That was amazing!

Norman made the perfect deal and I think that it was definitely justified as that game could have easily crashed (as it did) and the £1 in the box was definitely the icing on the cake. Personally, I'd have walked away with £1 in that game as I think I would've taken the risk but I was urging Norman to deal so much! And that proveout was brilliant.

:smt041 :smt026 :smt041 :smt026

cassius335

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: cassius335    Post subject:

Boys are now on 162,501 over 5 days, or 32,500.20 on average. Still slipping down.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Wasn't Ionna the new contestant with 5 grand the woman in the audience in March who helped cock up Ian's game by advising him 20K is in your box?

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
Wasn't Iona the woman who helped cock up Ian's game by advising him 20K is in your box?

Ian cocked up his own game to be fair. She just said what she said to keep him in his little dream world. It might have been her though!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:07 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
Well, as Norman comes from Merseyside, I am very biased but-

That was amazing!

Norman made the perfect deal and I think that it was definitely justified as that game could have easily crashed (as it did) and the £1 in the box was definitely the icing on the cake. Personally, I'd have walked away with £1 in that game as I think I would've taken the risk but I was urging Norman to deal so much! And that proveout was brilliant.

:smt041 :smt026 :smt041 :smt026

I'd have won £1 too. I think the banker gave him no decisions apart from the 15K. Everyone would have won either 15 grand or a quid in that game.
But well done Norman, 15 grand is good. :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
Wasn't Iona the woman who helped cock up Ian's game by advising him 20K is in your box?

Ian cocked up his own game to be fair. She just said what she said to keep him in his little dream world. It might have been her though!

I know, he was probly to going believe that and played his own game anyway given what he put in his book and what he said at the end but there was a dangerous amount of 'positivity' coming from the Audience, her and Noel in that game which helped wreck it.
I did say helped cock up Ian's game. Obviously Ian had the main part in it.

I can't wait for her game now and I can't wait for the sexes thing to be over for a more mixed gender environment as well LOL. The wings look odd. It might be filled with men in a couple of weeks.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

james_bwfc wrote:
I think he had a lucky escape then. I'm hoping a draw here for comedy purposes and the difficulty to score it.

yes I wanted 15K in the box to keep everyone happy. It would have been better for coolness purposes. Maybe I'm weird but was a bit disappointed when the £1 was revealed . :shock: :D :?

the only problem were the cr*p offers and that we knew he'd do well and win about 15/20K from the faces at the LTL. Although admittedly had no idea whether it would be a deal/box win.

Can't complain at an OPW though. :D

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

alexandercbrown wrote:
james_bwfc wrote:
I think he had a lucky escape then. I'm hoping a draw here for comedy purposes and the difficulty to score it.

yes I wanted 15K in the box to keep everyone happy. It would have been better for coolness purposes. Maybe I'm weird but was a bit disappointed when the £1 was revealed . :shock: :D :?

Same here!

Muinimula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

cassius335 wrote:
Boys are now on 162,501 over 5 days, or 32,500.20 on average. Still slipping down.

That doesn't tell the whole story, though. Norman won £15k. Even though it was below the average set by Jon and Daniel, he still got the most out of the game.

Last edited by Muinimula on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

To be honest I had been dreading this game but despite his tedious trumpeting on the wings within seconds on the chair I knew I was going to like Norman. Fantastic energy for a man of 75 and a likeable personality.

Norman made it an enjoyable game although it was a bit of a struggle with lowish offers throughout. I guessed he'd take the first decent opportunity if it came his way so when the £15k was offered I didn't begrudge him his deal. And as it turned out it was his only chance.

I thought it was well worth carrying on but the proveout said otherwise and he squeezed all there was out of the game.

Well done Norman.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

It was fantastic to see Norman beat the Banker, specially after those rubbish early offers!

Welldone Norman, enjoy £15,000! :D

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was brilliant! Norman was a legend, I knew from his time on the wings that he was more than just a human trumpet, and he'd be a right hoot when he played - and so it proved!

The November 2005 banker was back in the house for the first 4 offers, with the exception of playing around with the army number, and he didn't have a real decision to make until 5-box. It ended up with a remarkably similar board to Stevie yesterday, the only difference being Norman didn't keep saying how much he thought he had the 100k - and I thought the offer was still quite poor - Stevie was offered the higher of the two back-up sums, Norman the lower of them and I wanted him to go on. Then was totally proved wrong, and was really happy imaging how depressed everyone would have felt if he'd won £1. I'd have made completely the wrong decision in both the last 2 games! :D

And his wife was called Norma as well - classic!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:17 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Norman!!

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:27 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Norman - great character and as it turned out, a perfectly timed deal. The luck wasn't with him early on and he did well to get something decent out of it and beat the Banker considering he had £1 in his box!

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:51 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Last man left from when I was at Dan's game, only woman left is Annie but with this battle of the sexes going on she's got a while to go!

Fantastic game, though, was really hoping he'd do well and he went at exactly the right time! Him joining the £1 club would have been agony, so I'm really glad he's got £15,000 to go with his memories of his time on DOND! Well done, Norman, it won't be the same without you standing in my all-time favourite position for contestants!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Great game, although Norman only had one real decision to make in the whole game. I can't believe his wife was called Norma!

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:19 am    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I really enjoyed today's show and was delighted to see him win with something half decent. Thought for a moment the pilgrims were going to shout Stringy every 2 seconds, I was relieved it didn't happen. Wonder if he celebrated at "Stringfellows", or just back at the hotel.

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:19 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

One of my fav types of game, where the play could go either the contestant's way or the Banker's, right up til the last part where it finally swings in the player's favour.

What a nice man & an excellent deal too.

PS: Please please please may we go to Uncle Stringy's for Christmas this year?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:48 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Very good game - I wasn't too sure what I'd make of Norman as I had started to get a bit bored of the trumpet thing but luckily they didn't overdo it and he didn't do it too much in his game and I liked him so I'm pleased he dealt at an amount that was good for him and in doing so, beat the banker.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'd have won fifteen grand too, but not like that... I'd have gone to the end and swapped for it! How the hell would you score that? :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]