Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:20 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
james_bwfc wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Haha. Box 4 had the 1p today. :lol:

Really? Good observation! I believe box 7 had it yesterday! Fascinating! :?

WAKEY

That is all.

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:26 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

never_wrong wrote:
james_bwfc wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Haha. Box 4 had the 1p today. :lol:

Really? Good observation! I believe box 7 had it yesterday! Fascinating! :?

WAKEY

That is all.

I'm fed up of these false accusations I am getting just because I have a similar posting style and opinion to a banned member - I think you need to get the right facts matey because I have never been on this website with another account before. Is there something you have against this person that warrants you questioning random people if they are / are not him?

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:29 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

No one would deal at 40k with a 10K 100K finish its just one of thsoe things you just don't do unless you really are 1 a bit cowardly or 2 you don't want 100K which I cannot belive.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:32 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

SrWilson wrote:
No one would deal at 40k with a 10K 100K finish its just one of thsoe things you just don't do unless you really are 1 a bit cowardly or 2 you don't want 100K which I cannot belive.

Well if someone came on the show with a £40,000 target they will deal. I think the above applies to situations like £75,000 and £100,000 where there is little gap between the values and there isn't any point dealing to have a stab at the 100k with a guaranteed win of £75,000. Yesterday's situation was similar but with £50,000 so the gap is bigger.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:

What a sweeping statement! I for one, would have dealt the £40,000 at that point as it is considerably more than £10k and I wouldn't want to risk £30k on what is effectively the flip of a coin.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:36 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

Or 3, you're not prepared to lose £30,000.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

james_bwfc wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Well if someone came on the show with a £40,000 target they will deal. I think the above applies to situations like £75,000 and £100,000 where there is little gap between the values and there isn't any point dealing to have a stab at the 100k with a guaranteed win of £75,000. Yesterday's situation was similar but with £50,000 so the gap is bigger.

Indeed, the "gap" has a lot to do with it and I would probably no deal on a £50k vs £75k board unless the offer was an AMO... this also applies to other pairings, such as £35k and £50k and so on... the only one I would be unsure about is £100k vs £250k as the gap between them is considerably more than other pairings.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 fair enough for your reasons for 100k 10k finish and a 40k offer but id be willing to risk it.
But you/ noone cannot comprehend dealing in a 100k / 250k finish I would think they have a screw loose dealing with that pairing if anyone ever does but my suspicion is should this dream finish ever happen in play it will be ND to the offer.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I'd probably have dealt at 40K but I can't be sure. depends on how I was feeling whether I'd have gone for it or not.

I'd have definitely no dealt £10,001 because it wasn't the best offer and because of the two low red fallbacks.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:14 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
h2005 fair enough for your reasons for 100k 10k finish and a 40k offer but id be willing to risk it.
But you/ noone cannot comprehend dealing in a 100k / 250k finish I would think they have a screw loose dealing with that pairing if anyone ever does but my suspicion is should this dream finish ever happen in play it will be ND to the offer.

depends what the offer is really. if it was 160K or less, It would be a no brianer of a no deal but I wouldn't flippantly dismiss 70/75K without thinking about it. Probably no deal though. I suspect should anyone ever get to that position they might have turned down 40/50K previously so be happy with the guarnateed 100K and go on anyway.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
Ouch, we came so close to a great £50k-£75k-£100k pattern there!

I actually prefer that situation than if he'd have gone "The £100k's there, No Deal!" and then winning £50. I can see why it'd be painful missing out on £90k, but £10,000's deffo a chunky sum and I wouldn't complain about that!

So sadly not the big win it could have been, but still an entertaining game, well done on the £10,001, Stevie!

It was a shame though because obviously a big win would hve been nice to keep up the momentum. I was diaappointed when he dealt but would have been happy if he'd at least dealt the 40K but if he's happy with 10 grand then that's good.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:53 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well that was up there with the best of the bullsh*tters. All that twaddle about his heavy box and being certain the £100k was in there. Then he goes and deals. And having dealt he stills says its in there. And it was.

£100k was there for the taking if he'd had the courage of his convictions.

Serves him right.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

I may have a screw loose, and that's your opinion and I respect it - but let me explain my reasons for why I may deal in a £100k / £250k situation - assuming the offer is £175k, which is what it's likely to be - whilst £100k is a very nice sum of money to win - £175k is clearly much more than £100k, it's almost double in fact. I'm not sure I could risk gambling £75k on the flip of a coin. I know basicasic will say "It's not your money" but it might as well be as with one word, I could be £175k better off.

I think if the offer was £160k or less, I'd probably no deal, and certainly no deal anything of £150k or less, but the £160k - £175k region (assuming he doesn't give an AMO) would be a very tricky decision for me, and the nearer it gets to the £175k mark, the more likely I am to deal.

Of course, it has to be remembered that I may do something totally different in the chair... anyway, I would probably never end up in that situation as if I had the £100k and £250k at the 5-box stage, the offer would probably get me out of the chair, so it's a bit silly the fact I'm thinking what I'd do if I got the dream scenario. I think the only time I'd get it is if the banker was really teasing me and offered a very low amount at the 5-box stage, an amount I was prepeared to no deal, and then try and keep at least one of the big two in play.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Well that was up there with the best of the bullsh*tters. All that twaddle about his heavy box and being certain the £100k was in there. Then he goes and deals. And having dealt he stills says its in there. And it was.

Serves him right.

That's a bit harsh but I do hate the 'I know it's in there' rubbish. One moment he thinks it's there. then he deals. Confusing. :?
I'm normally quite tolerant when players deal even if I strongly disagree with the deal like today but I do wish they'd just say nothing about stupid 'feelings'.

I've never like superstition/feelings anyway. It's a game of odds/risk/probability/nerves/judgement.

It would have been less frustrating to watch, if he'd just said he didn't want to risk 10K and never given the inclination he thought he should go for it before hindsight. I'd have respected him more for that.
He obviously didn't know it was in there.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:

Serves him right.

Whilst you and I have different views on the right time to deal, I have to agree that it's odd he didn't go for it when his beliefs were so set in concrete... I think if you have feelings you shouldn't mention them - if you get it wrong, you look a fool - if you don't go with your feelings and they turn out to be right (as with Stevie) - you could look foolish... so it's best to play safe and not mention feelings...

cassius335

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: cassius335    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
Ouch, we came so close to a great £50k-£75k-£100k pattern there!

I was thinking the same thing. Will £250K come to the table tommorrow?

Mens Average is now 36,875.25 per day, down from 45, 833.33 yesterday.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:
Whilst you and I have different views on the right time to deal, I have to agree that it's odd he didn't go for it when his beliefs were so set in concrete... I think if you have feelings you shouldn't mention them - if you get it wrong, you look a fool - if you don't go with your feelings and they turn out to be right (as with Stevie) - you could look foolish... so it's best to play safe and not mention feelings...

Like you I would rather they just shut up and not mention and 'feelings' for the box. Or if they do have the courage to go with them.

Also usually the supporters/wives/husbands in the audience are usually urging caution but his wife was actually encouraging him to go for it. A no lose situation. A golden excuse if it all goes wrong and big money if it goes right.

redrum666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

SrWilson wrote:
Not trying and squandering the money is far worse than losing offer money. thats for sure.

OK, I am sorry but that is the biggest pile of horse manure I have ever heard in my life. I don't know if you are some millionaire or what not but a lot of people would much rather had £10,000 knowing that they could have had £100,000 than £50. As soon as an offer is made it is YOUR money and it is not until you decline it that it no longer belongs to you. Do you people know nothing about the value of money, seriously?

Last edited by redrum666 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

h2005 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

I may have a screw loose, and that's your opinion and I respect it - but let me explain my reasons for why I may deal in a £100k / £250k situation - assuming the offer is £175k, which is what it's likely to be - whilst £100k is a very nice sum of money to win - £175k is clearly much more than £100k, it's almost double in fact. I'm not sure I could risk gambling £75k on the flip of a coin. I know basicasic will say "It's not your money" but it might as well be as with one word, I could be £175k better off.

And with two words you are definately £100,000 better off with a 50/50 chance of earning a further £150,000 totaling £250,000!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

james_bwfc wrote:
h2005 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

And with two words you are definately £100,000 better off with a 50/50 chance of earning a further £150,000 totaling £250,000!

But if you no dealt £175,000 and won £100,000, wouldn't you wakey up the next day and think "Damn, I could've had £75,000 more"?

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]