Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GAC1984

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:28 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well Done Brian!

Great game today and enjoy the money.
Well Done!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:32 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

the 40K proveout made me LOL as thats total nonsense.

Remember Gaz? 10K vs 100K finish and he was offered 35K

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:33 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
the 40K proveout made me LOL as thats total nonsense.

Remember Gaz? 10K vs 100K finish and he was offered 35K

I thought it was a bit high but not nonsense. Dave got offered 33.33K.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:35 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

On interference though a min again I know Laura was practically handed the 250K at the end but can you imagine if earlier in the game she had Listened to her friend? She was totally negative and wanted her to get out at 8K can you IMAGINE how stupid She would have looked had she listened?.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Psychic_Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Author: Psychic_Sarah    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
On interference though a min again I know Laura was practically handed the 250K at the end but can you imagine if earlier in the game she had Listened to her friend? She was totally negative and wanted her to get out at 8K can you IMAGINE how stupid She would have looked had she listened?.

Laura's friend was one of the reasons I shouted out that she had the QM!

If my mum and auntie had been there for my game, they would have made me go at £14,999. That's why they weren't there!

:D

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

And you'd probably have regretted it if you'd swapped for another rubbish number and hit the big one in round 5... :D

Seriously, with regard to this game - only saw the end, really wish I hadn't, HUGE guilt trip from Noel and it's quite obvious most of this forum were listening. £19,999.99 was a rather generous offer, entirely reasonable to take it (I'm pretty sure I would have taken it too), £40,000 a clear-cut Deal, and that to me just felt like we've gone back to the nightmare of earlier in the year.

Wakey me up when something changes.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I'm so glad you did that Sarah :-D .

I think its so much better when no one is there to try sway you and therefore every decision you make and consequence is on your own head.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

No offense to Sarah here but if I was on the show, I wouldn't try and psychically guess what was in my box. Yes, he may have thought he had £100K in his box but I wouldn't risk £99K on instinct.

Psychic_Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Author: Psychic_Sarah    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
I've never ever understood people who would deal at 5 box or 8 box then in proveout say they would have gambled at the end.

I'll tell you why Alex.... because if I had NO DEALT at £36,400!!!! I would have already risked at least 4 times my target so if I'd had the guts to do that, I would have also gone for the QM at a 50/50 chance!!

U get me?

Sarah
xxx

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

And I too would go on my own, but that's mostly because what I'm looking for is very much driven by individual ambitions, whereas quite a few have financial goals relating to the family, and that's when I'd have few objections to advice from other interested parties. (It just so happens that in my case, there aren't any!)

I don't know what Brian wanted One Rock for, so I can't comment on him particularly.

Sarah: your finish had a justifiable Deal at 5-box/No Deal at 2-box pattern, because the final offer was rather less generous in percentage-of-the-mean terms, and very obviously so too. £36,400 with a 20% chance of £250k and one backup vs £50,000 with a 50% chance of £250k and no backup? There's a perfectly legitimate argument for taking the former and not the latter, but the same did not apply to Brian's final two offers.

Edit: I thoguht it was £40k not £50k, mixing it up with - I think - Catherine's final offer

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Psychic_Sarah wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
I've never ever understood people who would deal at 5 box or 8 box then in proveout say they would have gambled at the end.

I'll tell you why Alex.... because if I had NO DEALT at £36,400!!!! I would have already risked at least 4 times my target so if I'd had the guts to do that, I would have also gone for the QM at a 50/50 chance!!

U get me?

Sarah
xxx

that's oK I was just curious. I thought 36.4K was a clear cut deal anyway. I was just surprised when you said you would have no dealt. 50K.

If ure saying that u had a 60% chance of taking it out then it was just 50/50 I can sort of see where you're coming from. Would have been a huge gamble. i'd have taken the 50K without thinking.
It stastically sort of makes sense but sometimes ( not so much in your case) is strange when someone deals on a stable board then says they would have gambled at the end.

Psychic_Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm    Author: Psychic_Sarah    Post subject:

Ya I see your point actually Alex ;)

At the 5 box stage in Brian's game I personally would have no dealt at that offer with only one blue.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Psychic_Sarah wrote:
Ya I see your point actually Alex ;)

At the 5 box stage in Brian's game I personally would have no dealt at that offer with only one blue.

yeah i wish Brian had dealt at 40K. Take a calculated gamble i.e. 60% chance of 10K then not risk 1k at the end.

Understandable to take it though. It was a good offer at 76% of the mean.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psychic_Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: Psychic_Sarah    Post subject:

KP wrote:

Sarah: your finish had a justifiable Deal at 5-box/No Deal at 2-box pattern, because the final offer was rather less generous in percentage-of-the-mean terms, and very obviously so too. £36,400 with a 20% chance of £250k and one backup vs £50,000 with a 50% chance of £250k and no backup? There's a perfectly legitimate argument for taking the former and not the latter, but the same did not apply to Brian's final two offers.

Thanks KP ;)

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:32 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I liked Brian, he was very funny. It's a shame that he had the £100k, though.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I wouldnt blame Sarah at all for gambling a 50K offer for a chance at the QM especially because like Lauras offer its ridiculusly low and has no deal written all over it.
I wish Sarah had won the QM first :-D .

Brians attitude was just weird towards the end hes seemingly taking it all as fun but with a target then he deals at 19,999 with a bit of encouragement from his wife despite the face hes adament he has big money he goes cold on this and then says oh I woulda gambled on a 1k vs 100k finish because I know its in there despite the fact 40K is double his target and he dealt for 1p less than his initial one. Puzzling.

I still reckon though had he been alone he would have won £100,000 or 40k MINIMUM.

Last edited by SrWilson on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Brian, one of the most entertaining contestants for a long time on the wings and in his show, and a good sum of money even if he didn't want to risk going all the way and proving his "psychic powers"!

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Thursday 22nd March, about 12:30pm. I'm sitting in the audience of Deal or No Deal, wondering how I'm going to open the box, and what kind of contestants I'll be looking forward to, when the door opens and they all walk past us and onto the wings. I'm immediately drawn to an elderly looking man in a cloth cap, and I know already that he's going to be good.

Almost five months later I see his game! And it doesn't disappoint, one of my favourite contestants ever in the history of the show, I could watch it for hours and hours and hours! A real shame he didn't win the £100k as that would have made it the best episode in the history of the show, but somehow it seems right for a comedy contestant to win a comedy £19,999.99!

So he's the last left from my blue box open...it feels like an end of an era and it really really won't be the same without him on the end of the East Wing. Still, plenty of great contestants left, some still there from Dan's game, and I hope that they all have brilliant games! Well done on that £19,999.99, Brian, you're a legendary legend!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:24 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

What an absolute legend! Brian was absolutely brilliant! Shame he didnt get the £100,000 but still, a nice sum of money!

[Siobhan: I'm gonna miss you Brian. Brian: I hope not! :lol: ]

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:50 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

brian was brilliant. what a legend. ive never laughed so much at a game in ages. :lol:

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]