Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:15 pm Last visit was: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:37 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
That's six good wins in a row! I think I would have taken the £20k as well.
I bet there's a trainwreck tomorrow.

Last edited by 22identicalboxes on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:45 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
kestral wrote:
Noel passes on the banker's message to Jenny's son to collect a contestant form on the way out :-D

Seven months ago he'd have been a cast-iron certainty to be chosen! :-D

No, I think his best chance would have been in May/June this year when we had all those ultra-cautious deals, and they needed to "Wakey it up" a bit!

I think the balance is about right again now, and we're seeing some really good games. I did have a feeling Jenny was going to end up like Debbie from last summer who had the game where she took out everything else early on but had the £250,000 in her box - thankfully it didn't work out that way, and even if the 6-0 thing is debatable we've had an OBW-free first week!

(I hope we don't have a week of trainwrecks now, as there's some great contestants due up in the next few days.)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was fabulous! I was worried as Jenny seemed the manic type who it would be painful viewing if it went wrong, but thankfully it never came to that! And an OBW-free week - I don't think there was one of these in Season 2, I think the last one was the first week of July '06, and even that's debatable due to Linda E selling a 20k box for 20k but getting a higher offer...

I'd love to see a week without even a TBW - we nearly got one of those in April this year, but sadly Theresa's blue win prevented it, up to her game there'd been 3 OPWs and 2 TPWs!

And also fabuluous to see someone make the right decisons (both at 8 box and 5 box) on an all or peanuts board - but I think the offers were made as such that most people would probably have done the same, I know I certainly would. I could never risk selling the 250k box for 5k, but 20k was a LOT more than I was expecting, and a deal for all but the most committed of Wakeyasics...

I'm beginning to wish the banker would stop offering 20k all the time, the number of people who've won it is getting just silly now - even though obviously it was a great result this time! Well done Jenny! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:06 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

20k was ridiculusly generious at 5 box with only 250k and all blues it was asking to be dealt really.
But I was expecting more 9 - 10k there.

Glad she won but I wasnt a fan of hers.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I'm running out of good things to say about this week!! It's been an amazing, fantastic, Banker-beating week that I'll never forget, ever since I was at Dan's game it's not stopped being awesome! (well, Igor didn't win much but at least he did it with style!).

Jenny was one of only two left from when me and Suez opened the box in Jackee's game (other is Brian), so I've had to wait just under five months for her game - and it didn't disappoint! What an fantastic contestant, full of fun and bubblyness, at one point I thought she'd just play right to the end, and luckily she didn't and played the absolute perfect game! An amazing end to an amazing week, really well done on that £20k, Jenny! Hope next week's just as brill!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:34 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:

And also fabuluous to see someone make the right decisons (both at 8 box and 5 box) on an all or peanuts board - but I think the offers were made as such that most people would probably have done the same, I know I certainly would. I could never risk selling the 250k box for 5k, but 20k was a LOT more than I was expecting, and a deal for all but the most committed of Wakeyasics...

I know. The banker did make it sort of easier for her. 5K was a bit low at 5 box and 20K a bit high at 5 box. It was quite straight foward really.
5K was too low to deal with 250K on the board and 20K was more than Debbie/Trevor were offered at 5 box!

Duffer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Can you imagine if this week had followed directly on from the last week before the summer break?! I don't think we would get our breath back for some time...

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:46 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

James1978 wrote:
I could never risk selling the 250k box for 5k, but 20k was a LOT more than I was expecting, and a deal for all but the most committed of Wakeyasics...

The £20k offer was ludicous really and a no brainer deal for the average punter. I must admit to thinking long and hard at turning down such a ridiculously generous offer ........ but with the £250k there I just couldn't give up the one and only chance of going for it.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:50 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I loved Jenny! She was so sweet! I thought £20k was a bit high, I was expecting about £10k or £12k at the very most. I'm glad she took it the offer and ignored her son's advice. Definately the best game and player of the series so far.

Danielj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:01 pm    Author: Danielj    Post subject:

I loved ''P''jenny im gonna miss her :cry:

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:04 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
James1978 wrote:
I could never risk selling the 250k box for 5k, but 20k was a LOT more than I was expecting, and a deal for all but the most committed of Wakeyasics...

The £20k offer was ludicous really .

i wouldn't quite say it was ludicrous but the banker could have offered her £14,999 as a cunning mind game. A Trevor offer would be a bit too silly and risky for the banker.

That said, less than 10K would probably be a no deal for me.
10K-15K would be in don't know territory. 15K+ would probably be a deal and 20K+ would be a certain deal.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:20 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Two rules I've made for myself in deciding what I'd have done is that I'd never deal for a 4-figure sum if the biggie is still in play, and I wouldn't deal for less than 15k with it still in play unless every other sum on the board is one I'd be disappointed with winning!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And absolutely no way could Jenny's son have been Wakey - as he was extolling the virtues of how great Box 3 was (and as a sidenote, 4 contained the 1p too, and he'd have been secretly cursing that)! ;-) :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:26 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
And absolutely no way could Jenny's son have been Wakey - as he was extolling the virtues of how great Box 3 was (and as a sidenote, 4 contained the 1p too, and he'd have been secretly cursing that)! ;-) :D

I noticed that, he wouldn't have advocated keeping box 3. :lol:

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:07 am    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

Would have been interesting to see the general reaction here if the £20,000 was a proveout offer - no matter how real it actually is people would be questioning it's truthfulness. A lot of people would have even said it was a load of rubbish even though it WAS the offer! So I don't think the £55,000 Enid got the other day was unrealistic. Offer patterns can change as we saw today because the banker could have easily offered Jenny £5,002!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:43 am    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow! What a game! Well done Jenny!!

Profile E-mail  

Lucky me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

8) Yes he is gorgeous, we all wanted to stand next to him.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:29 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Jenny!

A fantastic game Enjoy £20,000.

Very Well Done!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

The other thing I realised is that the week set a new record for highest lowest win (if you catch my drift) - Debbie's 18k was the lowest win of the week, previously beating Paula H's £10,022! :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:44 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Zeddie wrote:
Lol thank goodness she dealt.

And please, her son was too attractive to be wakey. Although wanting to ND there is just plain silly.

EXCUSE ME???! wanting to ND there is just silly and i admit that....but i'd still go on there, just for the fun of it - and because i know what 1 box to avoid - Brian [or his replacement at least]

Anyway Jenny....enjoy £20,000

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]