Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:01 am Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:01 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:12 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Wow! What a week it's been! Welldone Robert, enjoy £20,000! :D

I hope this run of good luck continues!

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:11 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

5-0 all this week but that probably means were gonna have a 5 month long reign of banker wins every day. lol

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
5-0 all this week but that probably means were gonna have a 5 month long reign of banker wins every day. lol

I know an average win this week of 25K and no banker wins is too much too ask LOL. We'll probably have a run of trainwrecks now...

Suezan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:47 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I really enjoyed this game in fact i have enjoyed every game this week, Robert you came across as a real gent glad you got a decent amount of cash

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

As I was away for the weekend I didn't get to see this game until after Jenny's, so I had an idea that it was a good game and he beat the banker (though that could have still meant a TBW under current Noel definition ;-) ), but not how much he won or the box contents etc.

And I think it was a very well-played game - I was pleased he no-dealt the 25k as I wanted to see someone go for it with a great board at 8-box (he had the same as Enid but with 75k instead of 50k), sad about the quarter-mill going but at least the stable board gave him a get-out at 5-box having only "lost" 20% of the peak offer. I hope the banker didn't know which numbers he was going to pick next, as the phone call would have looked suspicious otherwise! And having a pocket change box, it was briliiant to leave the last 5 boxes on the wings all reds!

When Jenny's game came on I only knew Robert had played on friday due to the newbie being in his position - my mum couldn't even remember who he was, and he was one of the quietest contestants I can remember, but that's infinitely better than people who obviously "perform" for the cameras, like some people! ;-)

(Not Norman, as he's only doing occasional fanfares now....)

And another cool think I've just relaised - Robert won 20k, he replaced Jon who rwon 20k, who replaced Stephen who won 20k - I think that's the first time 3 consecutivie peolle from a position have won the sme amount! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:09 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I liked Robert – whose surname was Lofthouse – he could’ve quite easily had the nickname of former DOND contestant Lofty, whose surname was also Lofthouse! He said his son thinks Noel’s called “Deal”… more like “No Deal”! :lol:

It was a good turnaround from a shaky start, and he was wise to deal when he did – I must admit I did find it funny when Noel said “That was the question, that was the answer”… clever Noel! :P

Well done Robert and I hope you and your family enjoy the money and put it to good use! :-D

Profile E-mail  
 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]