Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:28 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
After yesterday's farce of a game with a wonderful banker loss, it was a good player/banker duel today - I though Debbie would be the kind who would have a go at the huge money while it was there, but be sensible enough to get out on an unstable baord, and so it proved. I'd have done exactly the same as her, and only been disappointed about the proveout if I'd had the 250k in my box! In this case, one round too early was infinitely better than one too late! The 36k was completely believable too, it would have had to have been that if she'd turned down the 18k.

I think something like 5k has been offered on a 250k/rock/6 blues last 8 before hasn't it? (Paul from Feb 06!) That shows how good an offer that 18k was!

That's the 3rd 1p for Box 14 at the table IIRC, but the first time it hasn't been won?

KP - I did actually think basicasic might have dealt the 36k, as it was a slightly weaker last 5 to Graeme's (Debbie had £1 instead of £5k), and the offer was 5k less, and I remember him saying he'd have been wavering at 41k - only for me to read in the "What would you have done" thread to be completely wrong! ;-)

I knew about the 110k spoiler and thought it was going to be the Bunney/Morris finish, and after she dealt, I thougth someone must have got it slightly wrong and she would have a proveout offer of 100k on the same last pair, or even a ridiculously inflated offer on a 250k/blue finish, thankfully that didn't happen either! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:42 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

That was certainly one of the better fake spoilers, bearing in mind that what she was supposed to have won was still technically possible when she dealt! I was sitting there thinking 'Well, that wasn't supposed to have happened...'

Anyway, well played Debbie. Not quite the excitement of yesterday but a good 'un all the same.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:03 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I really liked Debbie and thought she played the game really well. I'm glad she dealt at £18,000 because it was too much a risk to go on, in my opinion. Shame she didn't win £36,000 but nevermind. Welldone Debbie, enjoy the money! :D

Last edited by "The Banker" on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:45 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

So you've stopped PMS-ing then Banker? :-D

I agree in a sense though; I wasn't overly happy with the new decor but seeing it again in Debbie's game it just looked a lot more acceptable if that makes sense!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:21 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

whoever said about having only 250k and loads of blues left to be hit does the name Trevor from march 06 ring a bell? :-D .

Although his offer of £9,900 was a bit unfair.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

redrum666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:23 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

SrWilson wrote:
whoever said about having only 250k and loads of blues left to be hit does the name Trevor from march 06 ring a bell? :-D .

In all fairness, that was at 5-box and not 8-box so the odds of taking out the £250,000 were much higher there.

But, I do hate the way people say "Oh, there's loads of blues to hit" because if the next box is the quarter-million then the remaining blues suddenly seem like a danger rather than an opportunity.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:56 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

I agree with that. i thought previous 250K in Box debbie's offer for that board was fairer at 15 grand.
If she'd taken out 2 blues and 20K I couldn't see the banker offering more than a stick really.
the game was entirely dependent on 250K though so it was by no means a cop out.
Having lots of blues on a board isn't that great/safe!

If I'd had a low red and a power 5 instead of 20K (50K/75K) like Asim etc I would have probably gone on.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

ITA.

Did anyone notice Enid was back btw? Good to see her back!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Yes she was in Rossano's position, wasn't she? Maybe Jenny will join soon, she could even replace debbie!

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:55 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:09 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I managed to see this game yesterday in the hotel (I'm home now), and I really liked Debbie's game, but not sure about the new set, though I like the new graphic for the banker's offer.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

true trevor was at 5 box but his offer seemed a little harsh to me.

I think in this day and age he woulda been offered around 15K with the board he had - the banker has to fear the 250K.

I guess when was trevors game he was following sequencegate too so he wasnt bothered and chucked in the £9,900 offer lol.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel said that the banker doesn’t care what the players do with the money… what about when he doubled Gabrielle (1)’s winnings from £1,000 to £2,000 when she said she’d be donating it to charity?

Anyway, Debbie played the game well and dealt at the right time for her – it’s a shame she could’ve had a bit more, but I’m sure she’ll put the money to good use, so well done to her!

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]