Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
In all honesty, while that ending was painful (and I remember going straight on to YouTube and watching Dave Woollin's game edit to see the benefits of having a system!), I think Kelsie's was actually a lot worse!

I think Donna's deal was fair for the board, and I would have been in a genuine quandary at 21k, whereas I'd have definitely gone won and most likely won the £250k in Kelsie's - and I liked kelsie a heck of a lot more than Donna, too. I think I'd have based my decision at 21k on what I thought the banker would do if I took one, but not both of the biggies out in the next round - and with 10k and 5k there as well as sort-of safety nets, he coldn't have offered something really punishing, so probably would have gone on! 59k would have been a complete no-brainer of a deal though, but I really had it in for Noel after saying the offer would definitely be over 50k if she avoided both biggies to 5-box - he had obviously forgotten Elizabeth's game, she had the exact same reds! :(

Her fiance reminded me of Pierre, another game that was ruined by the player's partner, oddly enough!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I don't know why so many people voted for this game on the C4 website (presumably the reason it was supposed to be shown -2nd most vottes maybe). I had hoped they'd show Pat M, Buddy or even Claudine's game etc.

I agree with most of the comments earlier in the thread that she did overreact, although Noel blabbering on in the proveout and saying silly and obvious things like squandering and creating the perfect round didn't help the situation.

The 59K was ridiculous as well - it would have only been about 40 grand in active play.

I can't say what i would have done in this game, probably just about dealt at 5 box whatever the real offer would have been but it was a tough decision at 21K but there were two good low red fallbacks. If the
offer had been closer to 30 grand like in Alain's game i would have probably dealt.

Out of the 5 people to hypothetically produce a perfect scenario, she won the least and had the Qm in her box so this was a pretty ugly game!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:48 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

THANK GOD I MISSED HER GAME!!!

She was so false!! You just don't cry when you have the 2 big ones there! Ugh...

johnr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

But it truly can be considered a 'Deal Or No Deal Classic' when 7/8 months after the original TX we still get a multi page discussion :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Too right!

Donna was an emotional wreck, and anything short of an OPW would probably have made her upset! I'd have done the same though it was quite forgiveable to go another round (rejecting the £59k would have been utter folly, though).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:46 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I actually thought that it would be Pat M's game today. When I saw the Christmas decorations, I thought, fantastic, it's Claudine's game! I didn't like Donna all that much, and crying because she'd made the decision to deal was ridiculous! Yes, her boyfriend advised her to deal, but she was the one who was playing and actually said deal. If she didn't want to deal, she should've said "no deal." It's very simple. Can I just be shallow for a second? Her boyfriend was rather handsome!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Seems odd to show this again as you wouldn't think of it as a "classic"... but it certainly was as it generated much debate and discussion here, and rightly so! Probably one of the more memorable games in terms of how the player's decision was wrong, and how they were unhappy with the decision they'd made... and also unhappy with the person supporting them in the audience!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:59 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

but cmon be honest how many of you hoped she had blown it and just cheered when 250k was in her box?

She was a horrible horrible person a total money grabber a liar about her job ;)and a boyfriend who looked a complete doughnut but is clearly the bankers best friend after his involvement.

Crying over 21k you deserve to suffer like that when theres people so much poorer in the world who would benefit from that kind of money so much better.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:42 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Is it true about the rumour that she attempted to take the 1st offer like jmas07 posted in Anne Marie's show thread.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

alexandercbrown wrote:
Is it true about the rumour that she attempted to take the 1st offer like jmas07 posted in Anne Marie's show thread.

Well, jmas07 was Wakey1512... the same person who posted fake spoilers on Wikipedia... so I wouldn't bet on that information being true, but you never know...

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

h2005 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:

Well, jmas07 was Wakey1512... the same person who posted fake spoilers on Wikipedia... so I wouldn't bet on that information being true, but you never know...

Yeah, jmas was wakey1512, but alex wouldnt know old wakey would he so you cant really blame him for believing "Jmas07"

And also, crying after dealing at £21,000. I HATE people who cry like that, so falsely you can sense the falseness from a million miles away, because there is just no point at all. Attention seeker, general brat when she was a kid, that type of thing is what sprang into mind when, thankfully, i didnt watch her game

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well seeing as I wasn't on this site at the time of the original airing of the show, this is what I thought of it all:

I simply think Donna was one of those MANY people who go on the show to win big! When she dealt, she thought it was the safest thing to do, as well as her partner thinking it was best she dealt. MANY players miss out on more money thanks to the people they have in the audience supporting them! For the record, I would have at least seriously considered the £21,000 offer!

Then when she got to Final Five, she looked frustrated coz she had missed out on more money. The most recent example of this happening is (Monobrow) Paul from May. I think quite a few people would have been frustrated at managing to keep the two biggest sums of money in the game after dealing.

But when she got to the last two of £100,000 and £250,000 I think the tears were more of embarrassment. I mean, I would feel embarrassed if I had a peanuts finish, but I would have been extremely peeved off and unable to NOT used swear words to voice my opinion if I had the dream finish and I dealt way too early.

Then when the £250,000 was revealed in her box, I think it was definitely tears of humiliation.

Having said all that though, I can totally understand why everyone thought she was greedy and selfish. She probably was but the crying bit I reckon was just her being humiliated on national TV for missing out on mega money!

As for the other three, Sara was close to tears when it happened to her, Gaz was lost for words, and Kathleen looked disappointed.

I guess some people just have different ways of showing their feelings. But then again maybe she just liked everything to go her way and when it didn't then she would put on the waterworks to make everyone around her feel sorry!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:39 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I actually think Sara was rather amused by the whole thing and if she was upset then she hid it well. When the 50p went she burst into hysterics rather than tears.

As for Donna, she didn't deserve the beating she got off Noel but for acting the way she did, she deserved to have the £250,000 in her box.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
I actually think Sara was rather amused by the whole thing and if she was upset then she hid it well. When the 50p went she burst into hysterics rather than tears.

As for Donna, she didn't deserve the beating she got off Noel but for acting the way she did, she deserved to have the £250,000 in her box.

Oh hell yesh! There are many other ways to show disappointment after all, instead of having an on-screen pop at your partner for 'making you deal too early!'

Her partner was right: "It wasn't my fault, you made the decision!"

So true!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

She should only be criticised for a bit of behaviour regaring criticism of the partner and saying she was annoyed and getting angry for a moment.
She was allowed to be disappointed but not go overboard.
At least she said she was grateful at the end so she half tried to rectify it.

I don't think she should be attacked to heavily from 10 minutes of what we've seen on TV although some criticism is justified.

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]