Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
How spooky 1p in the box at the end of the season what a great game.

this has been the best week ever!

what classic games!

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel confirms that the show will back on Monday 13th August

Unix eight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

We never even got a montage? :(

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

They didn't do a montage! How lazy of them!

Anyway, welldone Asim, enjoy the money, awesome game to finish of the session! :D

No more Deal or No Deal for a month now, god what am I going to do with my time?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

alexandercbrown wrote:

Classic games

A non biased Noel

Testing offers......

Unbiased Noel? On Tuesday's evidence? Don't make me laugh out loud on a busy train like that.

but great games, good Banker play and SOMEONE SELLS BOX 4 WITH A PENNY IN IT FOR AN OPW. (That's possibly enough for a classic game in itself...!)

more good stuff next month and I'll be back to watching it...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Great game Asim!

so that's it...

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:10 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Asim! :D
Another fantasic game to end Season 2.
Enjoy £31,000 Very Well Done! :D

Suezan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

So glad we left season two behind us with an amazing Game I am so glad that Asim did not go to the end and leave us with a 1p game

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Finally a great game for a male player! I was absolutely convinced tht it was going to be Brian today, so was relieved when he was picked early and had 10p - only for Asim to have even less than that! That reminded me of so many past games it was untrue - PJ, Pippa, Joe (2) and Simone were all in my mind at some point (3 of whom had Box 4)! And I was convinced he had the £250,000 in his box as well, but he had the polar opposite, but selling 1p for a huge sum always feels that little bit better than if it was any other blue! I would have preferred it if he hadn't left the £75k in play at the end though - I would have liked it for him to have dealt and then would have all lost the lot in one fell swoop - but that's a very minor qualm! :D

What a classic week its been - lucky I have a few tapes full of DOND to satisfy me! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:

Classic games

A non biased Noel

Testing offers......

Unbiased Noel? On Tuesday's evidence? Don't make me laugh out loud on a busy train like that.

but great games, good Banker play and SOMEONE SELLS BOX 4 WITH A PENNY IN IT FOR AN OPW. (That's possibly enough for a classic game in itself...!)

more good stuff next month and I'll be back to watching it...

i thought Noel was surprised at Lynn no dealing so what point are you trying to make... :?
It has been good recently, no blue chants, the right level of audience participation, people considering offers carefully etc
lets hope it continues after the break :D

And I thought it was funny he had the PJ finish and wakey box with 1p as well! :lol:

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

No tat, no photos and no trumpet. Sounds like the building blocks of a perfect game. Its the end of the season so I'm not going to go off on a rant about it but I thought the the deal was a bit weak.

The way Asim's face lit up at the £31K offer after the lengthy consideration of the £13k offer gave it all away. The offer was a bit mean for the board I thought and surely it was worth going on because the chances of taking out both big reds was small and even if one went he'd still get a respectable fall-back offer. And who knows he might have £250k in his box.

As it was the proveout proved fortuitous. He left with a nice sum of money, left everyone feeling good and completed one of the best weeks of the show for a long while.

After weeks/months of depressing bad fortune I was longing for the summer break to recharge the batteries. But this week has rejuvenated them and I'm now looking forward to the start of season 3.

Here's to DOND :beer:

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Another memorable show to finish off a remarkable last week... is that the second biggest win ever for the 1p box? Quite a coincidence that he had it in his box just like Giorgio at the end of season 1, but fortunately his game didn't go the same way!

The deal he took was fair enough, with three very low blues in play, and good to see the Banker admitting the offer would have gone down substantially on a £75k/blue final pair. Well done Asim, and everyone who contributed to a great Season 2 of DOND!

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

God, what a week!! What an amazing, fantastic week to end this season!

We've had some incredible weeks but this is right up there with Week 20 (Mad Sarah, Saj, Jim R), Week 27 (Gaz, Pat M, Morris), Week 39 (Nick D, Lance, that one Adam likes), Weeks 57 to 61 (all of January, nuff said), Week 76 (six legends)...but I think the best comparison to Week 84 is Week 47. Compare:

Comedy trainwreck (Ken, Igor)
Surprise OPW (Valerie, Carol)
Not OPW but huge win (Jeff, Lynn)
£250k in the final two and OPW (David J, Maria...I'm including her as this week has no Sunday show)

And I think I'll compare this to Elizabeth and Mandy, an OPW and a great contestant to boot!

I'm still on a big energy rush after today's show, what a huge contrast to Giorgio's, it could have so easily gone horribly wrong with yet another 1p win, but Asim played it brilliantly and played the absolutely perfect game. Really well done, Asim...god, I'm going to miss Deal or No Deal so much!!!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

What a great game, and what a fantastic week to finish off the season. I don't normally like the loud players, but I liked Asim.

I don't know what I'll do with no DoND for a month!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:08 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

You know I had a feeling he had 1p in his box by 8 box It just made sense fri 13th & one year ago since the final show and 1p was there.

Well done on the £31K you played a blinder Asim!! :-D .

Am I the only one who was dissapointed there was no end series montage though in the credits?

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:24 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was a really good game! Asim was a generally nice bloke and deserved the money!!

Jon's reaction to his prize was brilliant!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Alexandercbrown: yes, he was shocked. He was also clearly happy and his speeches at the final two and post-game were nothing if not Wakeyist.

But wow, another classic. Best week ever?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BlairM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:19 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

A classic show, and even better when the 1p was revealed.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

Indeed I will echo the other posts, what a great week. Hope Pjenny comes back, how bad can her cold be, and will they ditch her replacement. With great episodes, and quandries like that, Noel knows I'll be back!

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Well, look at that...1p on the table and won on the last game of season 1, 1p on the table and not won on the last game of season 2.

Right then, hopefully Endemol will continue right where they left off late august last year with the repeats[Sara's game was the last i think], or maybe they'll start again, or maybe they wont show anything at all, but i'm hoping its the very former of those 3.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]