Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » AustraliaAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:12 pm    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject: Double or Nothing

Warnings: 0
Anyone know why it isn't in every episode? You think that it would be, considering they made such a big deal (no pun intended) about it at the begining of the year.

Also, do any of the other versions have Double or Nothing, or is it just an Aussie thing?

Kesh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:21 am    Author: Kesh    Post subject:

I think they only give a Double Or Nothing if the contestant doesn't win very much. I haven't seen a whole series, so I'm not sure.

On one of the episodes I downloaded, they offered a Supercase. 2 of the girls wheel on a giant case and it has one of 8 amounts in it:

50c
$500
$1,000
$2,000
$10,000
$20,000
CAR
$50,000

The player can either take their Deal or go for what's in the Supercase. On the episode I saw, the lady had taken a $10,900 deal, and decided to keep it. In the Supercase was the car.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:54 am    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

I've seen double or nothing offered to someone that won around 70,000.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I thought Double or Nothing is always offered but I've only seen the endings of two episodes since its introduction - one train wreck, one huge win.

It is exclusive to the Australian version, if I'm not sorely mistaken.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:19 pm    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

In todays ep, the woman took a deal for $7,000. She got down to the last 2 cases, the $20,000 and the $250, and was offered a chance, meaning she could just take what ever was in her case instead of the $7,000 deal. She kept her deal, but had the $20,000 in her case.

roddy25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:21 am    Author: roddy25    Post subject:

that woman dealed way to early so i was happy she didnt win the $20,000 it really annoys me when they deal to early.

Kesh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:28 am    Author: Kesh    Post subject:

One other thing I'd like to ask about Aussie DOND...

Where did the whole 'BOO-YEAH!!!' thing come from whenever someone picks Case 26?

roddy25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:30 pm    Author: roddy25    Post subject:

they must of told the audience to do it as they where doing Boo Yeah from episode 1 they got rid of doing it for awhile last year, but its back now.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:21 pm    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

Double o Nothing has been changed, now instead of a case that has either DOUBLE or NOTHING inside, there are 2 cases, one with DOUBLE and one with NOTHING. At least this was there is always a chance to get the DOUBLE (and the NOTHING).

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » AustraliaAll times are UTC [ DST ]