Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:15 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND USA: June 18, 2007 *** SPOILER WARNING! ***

Warnings: 0
Tonight is the 2nd season finale of Deal or No Deal in the United States of America on The National Broadcasting Company!

It has been an incredible year! MILLIONS in cash and prizes given away in only a few months! Contestants have been going away with big smiles as they win money that will change their lives forever and some contestants have left us very sad as they pushed their luck just that one more time and left with next to nothing.

Lately, nobody seems to be able to win any large money! In the past few weeks, only a couple contestants have left the show with more than $500!

Can we finally get someone to win some big money? It would be so great to end this season with a large win, it would be even greater if that win is One Million Dollars!

Without further delay, lets start the recap!

And here's how it went!

The person we are all hoping will take The Banker for a huge some of cash is...

Contestant: Laurel Martin!

Chosen case: 19!

Round One: Six Cases:

15: $1,000

5: $750

22: $5,000

4: $750,000!!

1: $400

13: $10

Banker's offer: $38,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Two: Five Cases:

11: $500

16: $10,000

24: $50

18: $200,000

9: $300,000

Banker's offer: $49,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

12: .01¢!!!

17: $75,000

10: $75

3: $100

Banker's offer: $73,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

21: $100,000

8: $50,000

25: $25

Banker's offer: $145,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Five: Two Cases:

3: $400,000

26: $5!

The Final Six:

- $1
- $200
- $300
- $25,000
- $500,000
- $1,000,000

Banker's offer: $201,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Six: One Case:

6: $25,000

Banker's offer: $272,000!

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

AT LONG LAST, DOND GETS TO GIVE AWAY HUGE MONEY!!!!!!! The dry run is over!! Thanks to the press of a button, Laurel will take home $272,000 in cash!

Well, we can all breathe a sigh or relief, the show will end the season with a huge deal. But, will this deal be even sweeter with the long desired Outright Player Win?

We shall do the last Proveout of the season and see if we can make this hope a reality!

Proveout: Round One:

7: $200

Banker's offer: $368,000!
Dealt at: $272,000!

Proveout: Round Two:

23: $1

Banker's offer: $496,000!

Proveout: Round Three:

14: $500,000

The Final Two:

- $300
- $1,000,000

Banker's offer: $520,000!

Well, how's this for a dramatic ending to the season finale? Laurel has left the million dollar case all the way to the final two amounts!

If Case 19 does indeed hold the million, then Laurel missed out on creating history. Either way, she is going to leave with $272,000 in real money and, more importantly, ended the streak of tiny wins! We all can be grateful to her for that!

Howie Mandel will now open his last case of the season! Does Case 19 contain the top prize or just a few hundred bucks? The time to find out is now...

Case 19 held...

19: $300!!!!!!!

Whew, she didn't have it! Decent deal after all!

To prove it:

20: $1,000,000

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $520,000
Case value: $300
Prize won: $272,000
Result: Technical Player Win (52-48 )

On behalf of Goldeneye, I want to thank everyone for reading our recaps! We hope you enjoyed looking at them as much much as we enjoyed typing them up!

Deal or No Deal USA will come back on NBC in the fall, so there is no need to worry! We can't wait to start this all over again!

And I wish to conclude with what I said last time...

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, FRIENDS!

And there you have it!

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:20 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Thank god Alike had the $1,000,000 for the last game, as it would have been painful if the $1,000,000 in case 19.

Whenever Alike has had the $1,000,000 this season, she's always been left until the very end (Michelle, PJ and this game). The only time she has been picked in play with a 7-figure amount was $1,500,000 in Giuseppe's game.

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:49 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

For greeny!:

Aramid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

can someone upload the ending part when howie made a prove out round. In deal or no deal's main site the clip of that episode is not complete in the end. Can SOMEONE please upload it on YOUTUBE NOW! thank you

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The amounts on this version are ridiculusly High I cannot see anyone winning the $1,000,000 unless they manage to keep it in a final two with a fall back of 750,000 or 500,000 (I know one girl tried and had the 750,000) otherwise I doubt it will happen for a long long long time especially since the way it seems to go I suspect some people won't push it in the next season and when they get to around 2 - 300 thousand dollar offers they will be out of there.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:26 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Finally! A $250K+ win! It's been, like, forever since we last had one of these. Who cares about the overly inflated proveout offers? This contestant played a great game, and made a great deal in the process. What a way to go out, eh? Finally, the Who Wants to Win Grocery Money streak is over. Let's hope it stays that way. Now, since this was the season finale, here's a brief recap of DoND's second season (in no particular order):

Matty Day with $675K (hey, that rhymes :D), $701K, Michelle Falco and the best game ever, It's All About the 'Fro - and $402K (Anteia Grier), Brooks Leach & Brooks Leach 2.0 (100th episode), P.J. Dykes, "All I see is numbers and breasts (Gary Riotto, $340K winner)", Zanny Hensler & the lime green Escalade (which she unfortunately had to sell in the end), the failed experiment that was Double or Nothing, the Double Deal shows, Giuseppe, The Million-Dollar Nightmare, featuring the retired army general & the kilt guy, Julie "One Dollar" Lonero, AKA World's Biggest Idiot - or When DoND Jumped the Shark, playing the game on someone's lawn for one whole round (crappy idea & crappy game to boot), Hot Dog on a Stick Girl, WWE Sign Guy Rich Achberger, a good deal and a good deed (the Trinidadian guy), Who Wants to Win Grocery Money, AKA, the really s**tty streak where they couldn't give away more than $100, me and my dismantling of the idiot contestants, the numerous celebrity appearances, the tractor offer, people selling out way too early and discovering they had the million dollars in their cases, Wesley Autrey, who proved that he is more zero than hero, the disatrous Thanksgiving special, too many dumb gimmicks, why Case 7 should never be chosen (it results in train wrecks), Howie being Howie, the 26 gorgeous models & some new ones (Hayley, Lauren, Laura, and maybe one or two more), watching people making complete asses of themselves on national television, JR & Goldeneye's fantastic recaps (thanks, guys :) !)and the list goes on.

Whew, I think that's enough for now. All in all, it was another great season for DoND, with some highs and too many lows. Hopefully, Season 3 will bring us more excitement, and some smarter contestants, rather than some of the idiots we had this season. JR, why don't you give us a statistical breakdown of this season similar to your game breakdowns, if that's possible?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:45 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Most contestants who get into a position to go for the million - and there haven't been many - will get an AMO along the way, or very close to one. Indeed Michelle turned down an AMO ($880k on $750k/$1m).

With so many extra bailout points compared to our version, and more generous offers near the end, I'm not surprised there's been no millionaire yet.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]