Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:05 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND USA: June 5, 2007 *** SPOILER WARNING! ***

Warnings: 0
And here's how it went!

DoND is doing one if its widest stunts ever!

A while back, Howie went to a random spot and plucked a contestant out of nowhere to play the game in the studio!

Well, this time is going to be a bit different! Yes, Howie is once again going outside to pick a contestant out of nowhere to play for a million bucks, but he's brought the models, the cameras, the props, EVERYTHING to the contestant's house to play the game RIGHT ON THEIR FRONT YARD!

And that very lucky person is...

Contestant: Mary Marolla!

Chosen case: 16!

Round One: Six Cases:

26: $75,000

4: $100,000

21: $400

6: $750,000!!

1: $10,000

18: $200,000

Well, you can't have DoND without The Banker and of course he came along for the ride. Of course, in order to continue to keep his identity a secret, he arrives in a shadowed limo and has his Banker Babe Chauffeur to deliver the offer!

And a special show calls for a special offer!

Apparently, The Banker did some quick research on Mary while the show was getting it's props in place and discovers that she and her newborn child are fans of the children's series The Wiggles and has tailored an offer just for them!

The offer is a trip to tour the Wiggles home country of Australia! After they explore the beautiful country, they will meet The Wiggles themselves and star in an upcoming DVD special!

This package is valued at...

Banker's offer: $17,174!

As much as Mary would love to accept this package for her baby son, she has to say...

NO DEAL!

And after this very unusual start, they decide to bring the game back to the studios in LA and continue the game like the others. Hopefully, unlike the others, Mary can take the show for a million bucks!

Round Two: Five Cases:

14: $1!!

17: $500

9: $100

11: $5!

23: $200

Banker's offer: $51,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

5: $1,000,000!!!

3: $750

12: $50,000

8: $400,000

Banker's offer: $31,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

22: $300

24: $1,000

25: $300,000

Banker's offer: $31,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Five: Two Cases:

19: $75

13: $500,000!

Oh no, it has happened once again! Once again, we are in yet another disastrous final stage!

Sadly, this is what we have to call...

The Final Six:

- .01¢
- $10
- $25
- $50
- $5,000
- $25,000

Banker's offer: $3,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Six: One Case:

2: $25,000!

Unlucky continues once again...

Banker's offer: $1,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Seven: One Case:

15: $5,000!!!

THE STREAK OF BAD LUCK CONTINUES!!! All the left-sided amounts have been eliminated. The game is tough and sometimes it just doesn't work out and this one one of those times.

We still have to continue...

Banker's offer: $20!

NO DEAL!

Round Eight: One Case:

7: $25

Banker's offer: $22!

NO DEAL!

Round Nine: One Case:

20: $50

The Final Two:

- .01¢
- $10

Well now, we have a possible historic moment on DoND! Nobody has yet to win the one cent on this show! Will it finally happen tonight?

First, we have to get through the formalities...

Banker's offer: $6!

NO DEAL!

Round Ten: Last Case:

Howie offers the swap but Mary turns it down.

Has Mary made history or has she become yet another member of the Brooks Leach $10 club? Howie opens Case 16 and shows to the world...

16: $10

Brooks better make room for another $10 member!

To prove it:

10: .01¢

Well, despite the massive bad luck, Mary still had a great time. She actually was hoping to win the penny but, just like her game, she didn't get lucky. But, she still had fun and that's what it's all about!

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $51,000
Case value: $10
Prize won: $10
Result: Outright Banker Win

WE NEED TO GIVE AWAY SOME MONEY HERE! Lets all hope this next contestant can turn this rut around and win big! His name is...

Contestant: Arthur Joseph!

Fast facts: Arthur was born on the island of Trinidad and Tobago!

Chosen case: 14!

Round One: Six Cases:

7: $25

4: $400,000

22: $200,000

3: $25,000

19: $750

23: $750,000!!

Banker's offer: $24,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Two: Five Cases:

11: $1!!

20: $100

17: $300,000

24: $500,000!

9: $50

Banker's offer: $19,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

25: $10,000

10: .01¢!!!

15: $10

2: $5,000

Banker's offer: $44,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

NEXT WEDNESDAY!

And there you have it!

Aramid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:21 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

It is quite unusual to see that CASE 10 had the penny in 2 games i a row.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Okay, this needs to stop. Now.
This show is becoming an absolute embarrassment to watch. They should consider changing the title to Brains or No Brains, Who Wants to Win Less Than $50, or The Budget Saver Extravaganza Hour. I can no longer watch as my television set is infected with the world's DUMBEST contestants. I predicted that this imbecile, who fits the dumb blonde stereotype perfectly, would win less than $50 at the top of the show, and what's funny is that I NAILED IT! Never again will the show give away more than $100. In a way, Julie "I Won A Buck And I'm Happy About It" Lonero sealed the show's fate by winning $1 some time ago. In fact, her game is what caused this once great game show to jump the shark completely. What was once something that I enjoyed watching is now dropping to an even lower position on my favorite shows list faster than the Banker's offers. My respect for this show has declined significantly over the past few weeks, and games such as this one are the reason why. Call me when we have a contestant with brains who doesn't play the game like a excited 5-year-old or a mental patient, or when someone wins more than $100,000. Oh wait, I forgot, THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN. Face it folks, Julie Lonero cursed the show, and almost every game is a complete write-off now. For some reason, Endemol likes these idiot contestants and their over-the-top emotions and such. Why? BECAUSE THEY HELP TO SAVE THE SHOW'S BUDGET! Isn't it bloody obvious? I'm sure the producers high-five each other in the production booth each time some moron wins less than $50. "All right!" they say. "Another idiot won next to nothing! Woo-hoo! We didn't have to pay out a huge amount of money again! We're all going out for drinks tonight!" And so on. Can you honestly blame them for doing this? I certainly can't. Anyway, I say that it will be a while before someone actually pulls off a decent 6-figure win again, since Endemol appears to have this unhealthy attraction to dumb contestants who they pick only because they look good, or have a good backstory, etc. I predict that the new Trinidadian contestant will win $50,000 or less. You heard it here first. We'll see you next time with more of Who Wants to Win Less Than $50.

(P.S., JR, great recap as usual :) .)

Aramid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:34 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

I noticed also that most contestants are annoying. The annoying ones mostly leave with $25,000 below. I heard in "inFANity Deal or no deal" that they select contestants who are energetic and unique among the past contestants. I agree that since Julie's $1 win the $100,000 more winnings are getting rare.

Today's episode was a BAD LUCK to both contestants knocking of the huge amounts on their early pick.

I hope someone deserving will win $100,000 + offer or even the million.!!!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Aramid, as I said before, Julie cursed the show. Thanks to her, no contestant shall ever walk away with more than $25,000 ever again. It will take someone truly special to break the losing streak. I vote JR to become a DoND contestant. Heck, he can even write a review of his own show, should me make it. JR, if you're reading this and you actually apply to be on DoND, PLEASE TRY TO TAKE HOME A 6-FIGURE DEAL! Trust me, we really need one of those now.

J.R.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
Aramid, as I said before, Julie cursed the show. Thanks to her, no contestant shall ever walk away with more than $25,000 ever again. It will take someone truly special to break the losing streak. I vote JR to become a DoND contestant. Heck, he can even write a review of his own show, should me make it. JR, if you're reading this and you actually apply to be on DoND, PLEASE TRY TO TAKE HOME A 6-FIGURE DEAL! Trust me, we really need one of those now.

Haha, I'm so flattered! :D

I have, in fact, tried out for the show! The crowd was HUGE and I waited for hours to have my interview! Sadly, I was so worn out by the wait, the talk didn't go well and my chances of becoming a contestant are non-existent. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Tell you what, If I do get on the show, you can come sit on the friends/family bench! I know you'll make sure I play with a clear head! :-D

That being said, if I did lose out... I'd want $10 so I can join Brooks Leach's ever-expanding $10 Caravan! :-D

Aramid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:37 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

I believe the $1,000,000 on Arthur's game is in CASE # 21. I am 75% sure because of the pattern.

24: $500,000
23: $750,000
22: $200,000

an all red!

then 21 might have $1,000,000

Anyone noticed this pattern?

In julie's game, the one who won $1 in her case had an obvious pattern

24: $0.01
25 (julie's case): $1
26: $5 and the last case left on stage

In Tommy Terpening's game.... the orange shirt guy I noticed another pattern to his downfall. When he selected to open CASE #11 the game went horrible.

PATTERN OF DESTRUCTION:
10: $400,000
11: $500,000
12: $750,000

In Arthur's game the $5 case is # 12 because...

10: $.01
11: $1
and 12 may have $5...

Sometimes contestants must take down notes what is in the cases and analyze the probabilities at hand. It will be an advantage to notice and think. Deal or no deal's arrangement of cases sometimes has a pattern that will greatly increase the contestant's chance of winning $100,000 more.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

J.R. wrote:
Mark77 wrote:

Haha, I'm so flattered! :D

I have, in fact, tried out for the show! The crowd was HUGE and I waited for hours to have my interview! Sadly, I was so worn out by the wait, the talk didn't go well and my chances of becoming a contestant are non-existent. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Tell you what, If I do get on the show, you can come sit on the friends/family bench! I know you'll make sure I play with a clear head! :-D

That being said, if I did lose out... I'd want $10 so I can join Brooks Leach's ever-expanding $10 Caravan! :-D

Okay, please tell me you did not just say that. If I were you, I wouldn't try to get on a game show solely for the purpose of winning the current contents of my wallet. That's the wrong kind of mentality to have, JR. For shame. You should not try to get on a game show in hopes of winning next to nothing. Yes, Brooks was a beast, but we need another $10 winner like a hole in the head right now. And if you went on the show, I'd sit on the bench and be one of your supporters. I'd also make sure you don't make a complete ass of yourself on national television be winning chump change. My DoND rule of thumb is as soon as you see an offer of $200,000 or more, hit that flashing button and get the [expletive] off that stage. Who cares if there's more than that in your case? The offer is a sure thing, and it will be very much worth your while if you take it. It's far better than coming all that way and embarrassing yourself on national television. I remain confident that you'd probably be the best DoND player ever, unlike the absolute IDIOTS who are playing now. Anyone who can do a recap as good as yours HAS to know how to play the game properly, no?

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]