Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:58 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: DoND USA: May 21, 2007 *** SPOILER WARNING! ***

Warnings: 0
Before I compose this recap, I am honored to cover this episode which honors the heroes tonight.

That said, this episode tonight immediately precedes the season finale of the NBC show "Heroes," hence the heroes theme tonight.

Before the show tonight, we see news clips of the contestant becoming a hero by saving a person (a student, Cameron Hollopeter) who fell into the subway (underground/metro) tracks by falling into the tracks himself, positioning both of them with a train coming in, and a few of the cars of that train were over them before it came to a stop.

These clips included The President Of The United States, George W. Bush, in his State Of The Union address honoring this person and also New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg honoring him also.

That hero is...

Contestant: Wesley Autrey, Sr., who comes out of the vault, rather than from the audience!

Chosen case: 7, with some symbolism as he rang the New York Stock Exchange bell that many times when he was honored there for his heroism.

Throughout the game, we hear more about the contestant's fateful day (which some if not all details, have been covered by the New York City/USA/world news), including the fact that he was at the subway station that day only because his niece was unavailable to drive him to work, as well as that he was under the subway cars for 40 minutes, and the next thing he did after he was rescued was that he went to work, oblivious to the fact of what he just did!

Round 1: 6 Cases to open

3: $200,000
17: $200
24: $100
13: $400,000
23: $100,000
11: $300

The banker respects Wesley as a hero, but he said that he's going to play hard (with the money).

Banker's offer: $23,000!

Before Howie even asks the question and the number of cases he needs to open if he rejects the deal, Wesley says...

NO DEAL!

Round 2: 5 Cases to open

26: $400
5: $500,000
18: $300,000
1: $75,000
9: $75

Apparently, Wesley thought the banker's offer was going down. Howie told him that he was wrong...

Also, a hero dog was shown to us, and what this dog did was that the dog dialed 911 (the USA/Canada emergency phone) after its owner had a seizure.

Banker's offer: $33,000!

NO DEAL!

Round 3: 4 Cases to open

6: $500
2: $1,000
10: $750,000 The highest and most reliable safety net goes, leaving virtually a one-case game at this point, with a massive gap between the Million and next highest prize of $50,000
12: $750

The banker shows his hero...and it shows a clip of a very recent episode where the contestant, Julie Lamera won just $1 for the lowest ever win in DoND history.

Banker's offer: $41,000!

NO DEAL!

Round 4: 3 Cases to open

21: $1
15: $25,000
25: $5

Banker's offer: $65,000!

NO DEAL!

At this point, seven Los Angeles Police Department officers, all of whom recently were awarded the department's highest honor of the Medal of Valor for bravery and heroism, by saving 80 elderly residents from a fire at a retirement home over 10 years ago, appear on the gallery, with each one of the officers standing next to each one of the models who remain at this stage to the end of this game.

Round 5: 2 Cases to open

20: $5,000
16: $10

The Final 6 Cases

- $0.01
- $25
- $50
- $10,000
- $50,000
- $1,000,000

Banker's offer: $96,000!

NO DEAL!

Round 6: 1 Case to open

4: $50

Banker's offer: $148,000!!!

NO DEAL!

Round 7: 1 Case to open

19: $50,000 Safety net gone, truly a one-case game now

Banker's offer: $209,000!!!

NO DEAL!

Round 8: 1 Case to open

8: $0.01! :D The One Cent club remains empty, with the Million still in play!

Banker's offer: $305,000!!!

NO DEAL!

Round 9: 1 Case to open

14: $1,000,000!!! :shock: Massive collapse of the game!

Banker's offer: $5,000

NO DEAL!

Howie offers Wesley a chance to switch cases, which Wesley quickly declines.

Howie now opens his case #7 to reveal...

7: $25

Laura opens her case #22 to complete the game...

22: $10,000

At the end of the game, Howie reveals that DaimlerChrysler has awarded Wesley a brand new Patriot Jeep for his heroism.

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $305,000
Case value: $25
Prize won: $25 (and a brand new Patriot Jeep)

Result: Outright Banker Win statistics wise, however the real winners are actually Wesley Autrey, Sr. himself, as well as the other heroes for their heroism.

Again, thank you all for the honor of me covering this episode devoted to heroes!

Aramid

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:09 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

He is greedy.... too greedy....!!!

He push his luck too far and he choose a GLAC CASE # 7.!!!!

greeny

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:22 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

That was pure greed that meant he left with just $25, and choosing case 7 never helps.

KP

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I was awake until 2am last night hearing what was happening from J.R.

I. Cannot. Believe. It.

Apparently Howie was trying desperately to remain neutral... (the US has regulations stating that hosts can't get too involved in the game, a relic of the 1950s scandals where quiz shows were shown to be fixed. We don't, which is why Noel can launch into his 'courage' speeches.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aramid

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Any news about the JACKPOT for the finale episode and Wesley is just so lame to turn down $305,000 if I am him I will say DEAL without Howie asking me.

I caanot believe how people from becoming a proclaimed HERO will go down to ZERO.!!!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Yes! Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I've been saying for ages! If you choose Case 7, everyone's favorite GLAC (Guraanteed Low Amount Case), your game has a 95% chance of becoming totally disastrous. That being said, even though Wesley Autrey was a big hero, the result of his game was anything but heroic. I lost all the respect I had for him when he refused the $305,000. "What a bleeping idiot!" I said. "He's for sure going to win next to nothing now!" And that's exactly what happened. Yet another case of DoND USA contestants fulfilling their need for greed and pressing their luck WAY too far, only to win as they say on the UK Bullseye, their BFH, or their Bus Fare Home. I guess Wesley can use his winnings to put some gas in his new Jeep, but in our world of elevated gas prices and inflation, $25 won't be enough to cover the price of gas.

On a completely different note, even though 7 is my favorite number, I would never choose Case 7 if I went on DoND. Rather, it would be the first case that I open. I'd much rather go with 3, 6, 12, 18, 21, or 25, all of which contain higher amounts most of the time. I think it's high time I changed my avatar to reflect this at once.

Aramid

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Oh yes, I believe after the game Wesley Autrey feels dumb and stupid to decline $305,000 offer. Case # 7 is now on the top 3 most chosen case by contestant. Case 8 still on top. When is the time does Case # 7 had the million dollars this season? Can someone tell me? please!!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:58 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Aramid wrote:
Oh yes, I believe after the game Wesley Autrey feels dumb and stupid to decline $305,000 offer. Case # 7 is now on the top 3 most chosen case by contestant. Case 8 still on top. When is the time does Case # 7 had the million dollars this season? Can someone tell me? please!!

Dude, Case 7 has probably never had the million inside. The highest I've ever seen in it was $750,000. And please, don't feel sorry for Wesley Autrey. He's the idiot, not you. I guess we'll see him on the 200th episode of DoND. If there's anyone more deserving of a second chance, it's him.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:36 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

One of the cases I would choose if I were to be a contestant on DoND is #18, which represents my birthday.

#7, #8, #12 and #22 are the others within my consideration.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:37 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

I think the $1,000,000 has appeared in #7 once this season. I am not exactly sure when tho, but I could easily find out if I looked back into all the recaps in here.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:42 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Goldeneye wrote:
One of the cases I would choose if I were to be a contestant on DoND is #18, which represents my birthday.

#7, #8, #12 and #22 are the others within my consideration.

I too would choose #18, as it it represents life in the Jewish religion (I'm Jewish). If I wanted to choose a case based on my birthday, it would be #11. Might want to be careful with #s 7 and 22, though. They're both GLACs, or Guaranteed Low Amount Cases. If you choose one of those and go too far, you'll end up with a result similar to Wesley Autrey's game. You have been warned.

Aramid

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:29 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Anyway, do anyone know what is the average of Case # 7 throughout this season? I believe it has an average of $73,000 per game... am I right....

Case # 13 I guess have $94,500 average per game

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]