Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND USA: March 5, 2007 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

Warnings: 0
And here's how it went!

Contestant: Anteia Grier!

Fast facts: Anteia would love to win enough money to get power locks and windows for her car!

Chosen case: 21!

This is the first time Case 21, held by Tameka, has been chosen to go to The Dollar Table!

Round One: Six Cases:

12: $200

17: $500

8: $50

3: $100

15: $1,000,000!!!

11: $25

Banker's offer: $18,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Two: Five Cases:

10: $1!!

24: $1,000

14: $100,000

7: $5!

2: .01¢!!!

Banker's offer: $63,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

19: $200,000

23: $75

6: $750

13: $50,000

Banker's offer: $95,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

22: $5,000

16: $75,000

9: $500,000!

Remember I had said earlier that Anteia wanted money to power locks and windows for her car? Well, the Banker informs Howie that he will offer to Anteia just what she asked for! For proof, he dispatches two of his "Banker Babes" to show Anteia a car door with the features she desired!

The value of this prize: $2,350!

I know that sounds really small, but it doesn't stop there! Along with the prize, The Banker will throw in some cash... $101,000!

Which would take the grand total to:

Banker's offer: $103,350!

With a huge sum of cash and her dream on the table, Anteia decides to say...

NO DEAL!

Round Five: Two Cases:

4: $10

20: $300

The Final Six:

- $400
- $10,000
- $25,000
- $300,000
- $400,000
- $750,000

Banker's offer: $189,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Six: One Case:

1: $300,000

Banker's offer: $175,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Seven: One Case:

18: $25,000

Banker's offer: $264,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Eight: One Case:

26: $10,000

Thanks to the success of Anteia's gamble, The Banker feels forced to offer the follow sum of money for Case 21...

Banker's offer: $402,000!!!!!!!

Huge dilemma for Anteia! At this stage, she has two huge numbers and just one small number left on the board. If she were to play on and hit that small number, it would be a miracle finish. Anything else, and the offer is sure to go down, how far down depends on what huge number gets taken out of play.

That is all a possibility, however. The $402,000 offer is a definite thing. If Anteia takes the offer, there is no doubt that cash will deposited into her bank account to spend however she desires. I don't have to tell you how life changing that sum is for most Americans. Refusing it is a risk and could result in a offer whose value is uncertain.

With all of this in mind, Anteia thinks it through very carefully (with heavy emotion that includes tears) and after a lot of thought, she decides to say...

DEAL!!!!!!

GIGANTIC PAYOFF!!!!!!! ANTEIA GRIER HAS JUST TAKEN AN OFFER WORTH $402,000 IN COLD HARD CASH!!!!!!!! Everybody goes mental!!! Anteia can now most certainly afford power locks and windows for her car! :-D

And in all this excitement, Howie decides to just conclude the game right there and see what exactly was in Case 21.

Regardless of what is in her case, we know for sure than Anteia is going home with one of the biggest wins in DoND USA history. But, did she actually have nearly $350,000 more in her case? Is she a mere $2,000 ahead or did she actually sell off a case with just 400 bucks inside?

Case 21 is opened and we see that it held...

21: $400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!! PERFECT DEAL AT THE PERFECT TIME!!!!! ANTEIA HAS JUST BEATEN THE BANKER WITH THE BEST POSSIBLE RESULT!!!!!!

To prove it:

5: $400,000

25: $750,000

Anteia goes insane and who could blame her?! She sold a $400 case for $402,000 and played the perfect game!!!

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $402,000
Case value: $400
Prize won: $402,000
Result: Outright Player Win!

And there you have it for this incredible Banker crushing game!

-Joe R.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

...woah!

The $402,000 was an AMO; interesting that they didn't do a proveout. I'd almost have wished $750k to be there simply because that would have allowed the result to be undisputed. (I still highly doubt the real offer on $400/$750k would have been above $402k, but it's just about conceivable, proveout offers on $750k/peanuts have been higher).

And let's face it - and this is probably why there was no proveout - $402,000 is a ridiculous amount of money. Biggest US game show win of the year so far, yes? (Of course, this is largely due to Show Me The Money being cancelled when it was...)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Finally, a game where the player kicked some serious Banker ass! That was quite possibly one of the best games that I've ever seen. It was almost as good as Thorpe Schoenle's $464,000 game last year. The $402,000 that Anteia won reminded me of soem of the astronomical sums of money that have been seen in proveouts before. And no, J.R., this was not the first time that Tameka's case was chosen. The first player who chose Case 21 was one Brett Kurtz - you can check your own review of that game, if you don't believe me - , and we all know what happened to him. So I think it's safe to assume that each of the 26 cases has been chosen at least once now. But that's a trivial matter as compared to this powerhouse win. Now that's what I call afro power :lol: ! Back in the day, Howie used to have hair like that - sort of. I wonder if it would have been declared an OPW if Anteia would have sold the $400,000 case for $402,000.

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
And no, J.R., this was not the first time that Tameka's case was chosen. The first player who chose Case 21 was one Brett Kurtz

Ah, I was just going by what Howie said! :-D

-Joe R.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

He may have meant the first time it was picked this season, which would be true. It was picked quite regularly during March when it alternated between Tameka Jacobs and Kristen Brockman.

[ 5 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]