Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:14 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND USA: February 7, 2007 *** SPOILER WARNING!***

Warnings: 0
And here's how it went!

Contestant: Emika Porter!

And lucky for her, it's another DOUBLE DEAL NIGHT!!! Which means she can win as much as $2,000,000!!! In fact, everything on the board has doubled, all the way down to two cents!

Chosen case: 22!

Round One: Six Cases:

5: $20

26: $600

16: $150

10: $100

11: $600,000

25: $200

Banker's offer: $50,000!

The biggest opening offer in the history of American DoND! But, just like all the other opening offers, it's definitely a...

NO DEAL!

Round Two: Five Cases:

8: $800,000

14: $1,500,000!!

3: $400,000

13: $2!!

7: $20,000

Banker's offer: $61,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

9: $150,000

21: $10,000

17: $1,000,000!

6: $800

Banker's offer: $68,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

15: $2,000

19: $100,000

1: $1,500

Banker's offer: $84,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Five: Two Cases:

18: $50

4: $200,000

The Final Six:

- .02¢
- $10
- $400
- $1,000
- $50,000
- $2,000,000

Banker's offer: $170,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Six: One Case:

24: $2,000,000!!!

UNLUCKY DISASTER!!! The risk Emika took has just failed her in the worse possible way. There is no way she can win the game now. The most she can win is just $50,000. That would still be a nice prize to win!

Of course, The Banker has punished Emika severely with a massive drop all the way down to...

Banker's offer: $7,500!

NO DEAL!

Round Seven: One Case:

2: $10!

Banker's offer: $12,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Eight: One Case:

12: $1,000

Banker's offer: $15,000!

DEAL!

While she has clearly dealt at a few rounds too late, Emika did manage to hold on long enough for some nice cash. $15,000 is hers to keep regardless of the outcome.

Now lets finish up this game with the Proveout and see if it was her or one of the remaining models that held the $50,000.

Proveout: Case One:

20: $50,000!

Nice! Emika made a wise deal after all and did sell her case for more than it was worth.

All that's left to do is see just how much was in Case 22. Howie Mandel, now the host of two versions of DoND, opens the case and shows everyone watching that it held just...

22: .02¢!!!

Excellent! Emika can now at least take pleasure in managing to avoid membership in the special Double Deal Night "two cents club"!

To prove it:

23: $400

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $170,000
Case value: .02¢
Prize won: $15,000
Result: Technical Banker Win (92-8 )

And there you have it!
-Joe R.

Last edited by J.R. on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:17 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Ooooh That was unlucky taking out the $2,000,000 but I think dealing at $170,000 was an obvious thing to do :?

Good recap J.R

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:59 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'm not so sure, the offers were going to be on a very quick upward trend if she missed it. The offer was only half the mean, usually it's above 60% of the mean at that point, and I'd imagine that it would have gone up above $250,000 if anything else had been hit (an 83% chance, don't forget). I might have taken it, but as I thought that through I might have talked myself out of it... oops! Best possible recovery, for what it's worth... and both players who've had the penny/pennies have ended up selling it, but for a relatively rubbish amount!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

AArnett

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:47 am    Author: AArnett    Post subject:

While I can't claim I would have beaten the banker, I would have fared better than $15K (I would've wimped out and dealt at $84K, even though I realize that it was stingy for the state of the game and the board.), so at least I would've had a 49-51 TBW (Maybe a little worse if the proveout offer would've been higher than $170K.) instead of an 8-92 TBW. Although I don't normally like fifth offer deals too much, had I still been playing, I'd have taken the $170K.

Greed causes yet another TBW. :x Still, it was good that she managed to avoid joining the Two Penny Club by dealing when she did.

I think with the new Double Deal Board, the 2c might have a bigger stigma than the 1c in the regular board. In the two games where the Double Board was used, the 2c was in the Final Two both times and in the contestant's case once. Most of the new big amounts have not been staying. The $1,500,000 (at least in this game, (I'll have to review the Season Premiere Week Inflated Boards episodes.) has not survived Round Two yet, and has only survived Round One once. At least there is no $5 (the amount with the biggest stigma of all, perhaps) on this board.

Is this the first game with an increased board where the contestant has failed to win a six-digit amount?

Still, I wish she could've done better, but she could've done worse!

When was the last time that at least three consecutive players have beaten the banker (either technically or outright) in their games? I can't ever seem to remember that happening.

J.R.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:37 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Another thing that kinda irked me about this episode was, throughout the week, NBC would air promos for the show that would always state, "A record breaking offer..." along with a clip of Howie saying to Emika, "You may set a record tonight on Deal or No Deal..." and it ended up being a disastrous game with the "record breaking offer" being the always refused opening offer and the game ending with a rather small amount of money won. (Not that $15,000 isn't great!) with Howie's line being said in the early-middle portion of the game. Honestly, I felt really mislead after all that.

I don't think it's right for NBC to be tricking people like that. (NBC also run ads with MASSIVE spoilers on both DoND and 1 vs. 100, but that's a whole other rant!)

-Joe R.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I wonder if that was designed to look like a fake spoiler so nobody trusts the real ones? :D

AArnett's 'if you're going to get out early, get out WAY early' strategy is quite interesting, and rather sensible in 'landmine' games given the 25% chance of hitting the landmine in round five and the 16.6...% chance of doing so in round six!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aramid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:51 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Poor lady she looks disappointed after seeing 2,000,000 in case #24...

anyway I was hoping she would take home .02 cents...

hehehe

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:16 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Welcome to the forums, Aramid! :-D

-Joe R.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:52 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

This episode will be rerun tonight, April 15, 2007.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]