Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

AArnett

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:03 am    Author: AArnett    Post subject: Outright Player Wins: Are we due for one?

Warnings: 0
I am a huge fan of DOND and love your recaps.

One thing that has urked me, though. Have we STILL yet to have an Outright Player Win yet this season? When was the last OPW? And, how many Outright Banker Wins have there been already? lIt seems like the timing of when we get the gamblers/conservative players are wrong (reversed) and the banker has been winning most of the games. I don't like seeing the banker win games.

It seems to me that, in at least, one out of every six or games should result in an OPW (Since all it requires is dealing at the right time and for more than your case amount.) and at most only one out of every three games should be OBWs.

So, has the banker really won more games than should be expected (Meaning, the banker, and show's budget, but not the contestants, have been very lucky this season?)

And, are we past due for an Outright Player Win?

Thanks!

J.R.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject: Re: Outright Player Wins: Are we due for one?

AArnett wrote:
I am a huge fan of DOND and love your recaps.

One thing that has urked me, though. Have we STILL yet to have an Outright Player Win yet this season? When was the last OPW? And, how many Outright Banker Wins have there been already? lIt seems like the timing of when we get the gamblers/conservative players are wrong (reversed) and the banker has been winning most of the games. I don't like seeing the banker win games.

It seems to me that, in at least, one out of every six or games should result in an OPW (Since all it requires is dealing at the right time and for more than your case amount.) and at most only one out of every three games should be OBWs.

So, has the banker really won more games than should be expected (Meaning, the banker, and show's budget, but not the contestants, have been very lucky this season?)

And, are we past due for an Outright Player Win?

Thanks!

Welcome AArnett! I thank you for you're kind words!

Okay, I'll answer your questions as best as I can!

The last OPW was achieved on October 5th! In fact, on that episode: TWO people were able to beat the banker conclusively! http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=459

I think the reason why OPWs are show hard to get here is because the format of our version. With the long format and one-case-at-a-time final stage, it's hard to know exactly when it's the right time to deal. In the UK version, with it's quick format and short number of box opening rounds (only six), it's often easy for contestants to decide when it's the perfect time to deal, with usually just one round to prove it.

Plus, with our board, the money often gets too big for players to really risk another round. Sure, you think you can avoid the landmine one more round, but when there's offer of $300,000 in real cash on the table, it can get a bit tough, knowing that just one mistake could send the next offer far down from where it was or worse.

Of course, pure greed of the contestants often stops OPWs from happening as well!

Don't worry AArnett! Players are still frequently achieving technical player wins! We're only in a OPW dry spell for now! The UK version has gone through player victory dry spells as well, so don't worry! Just keep enjoying the show and reading my recaps! :-D

Deal or No Deal is the only game show in American history someone could win $300,000 and still be considered a loss!

-Joe R.

AArnett

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Author: AArnett    Post subject:

Thank you for the reply:

TPWs are nice, and we've had a good number of those, but they just don't seem to have the good feeling of an OPW (Because they could have won more), and I would love to see the OPW dry spell end soon.

Besides, an OPW win is the only optiminal scenario which REALLY seems like a real win. Everything else (TPWs, TBWs, OBWs) means that the contestant either dealt too early or too late, and could've won more.

What gets me is how many OBWs we have been getting lately! It seem like about 75% of the recent games have been OBWs, and mainly big Banker wins (Not like somebody dealing at $95 while having $100K in his/her case).

At least TBWs (which might be the ugliest of all the possible results) haven't been happining too often.

But, are the two OPWs on the 10/5 Episode really the only two of the season so far, and out of how many games?

At this point, I'd rather see somebody win only $50K but achieve an OPW than win $300K, but have an OBW because a higher amount was in his/her case.

Still, as hard as an OPW is to achieve, I think it, on average, should happen more often than about 10% of the games.

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]