Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:39 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND coming to Canada!

Warnings: 0
I know we've got some posters from Canada who might be interested in this story!:

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainm ... ef&k=78245

The American connection is that Howie Mandel is going to host it! (He was born in Toronto, Ontario!) :-D
-Joe R.

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:54 am    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Intresting!

I was born in Fredericton in New Brunswick.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

And I was born (and still live in) Montreal, Quebec. Perhaps the head mods of these fine boards should give us a new section for the Canadian version, and appoint some of the Canadian members as moderators. I'd be more than happy to do it.
-Mark.

J.R.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:55 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

I think Mark77 will be very pleased with this... :D

The French speaking Canadian province of Quebec has announced that they will have their own version of "Deal or No Deal"! It's called "Le Banquier" (The Banker) and will offer a top prize of $250,000 Ca.

http://tva.canoe.com/emissions/banquier/

-Joe R.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Yes, I've heard about it, JR. In fact, if my French were a little better, I'd try out for the show. The top prize is $250,000 CDN, the show starts taping in January, and we're not sure who the host will be yet. Something tells me that it might be Guy Mongrain, a local personality who hosted the 2004 short-lived Quebec revival of 21 entitled Vingt-et-Un. This is indeed very good news, but I think they should've just translated the title of Deal or No Deal into French instead of jsut calling the show 'Le Banquier.' What are the going to ask as the the question, 'Banquier ou pas de Banquier' (literally, 'Banker or No Banker?')? If possible, since I appear to be the only Quebecer (and maybe even the only Canadian here), I might be able to to do recaps of the show. However, I may need to have you imported here to Canada (or Quebec), JR, so that you can give me a hand with all of the statistical information :-D . I'm not what you would call good at math. But still, this is very good news, especially for those of us who live in Quebec.
-Mark.
(P.S., I wonder if Kestral will create seperate forums for the Canadian and Quebec versions on this site. If he / she does, I'd love to be the head moderator...)

J.R.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:03 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
However, I may need to have you imported here to Canada (or Quebec), JR, so that you can give me a hand with all of the statistical information :-D . I'm not what you would call good at math. But still, this is very good news, especially for those of us who live in Quebec.

Hehe! Thanks for the invite! But I'm not all that great with math myself.

If you want an expert on stats, you should talk to KP or anyone who posts at Bother's Bar! :D

-Joe R.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]