Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:56 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:11 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

Warnings: 0
This is Deal or No Deal, where one Canadian hosts while another recaps. Yes, in case you didn’t already know, Howie Mandel is a fellow Canadian who is originally from Toronto.

Last time, John West, who spent 34 years of his life working for the Ford Motor Company, drove off into the sunset with $200,000 of the Banker’s money. Tonight, Missy Silverman gets to rev her engine and try to equal or surpass that feat. She’s from Philadelphia, has been married for 23 years and works as a preschool fitness teacher. That certainly checks out, because she’s a petite dynamo of energy. When she’s not helping youngsters get fit, she and her husband manage a hand car wash business. She plans to use her winnings for a “girls’ vacation” and to help send her kids to college.

Howie announces that one of the cases contains a special prize a la the “Surprise” case on Le Banquier. If Missy finds that prize before dealing, she wins it.

Missy picks case 17, and we get to work.

Round 1
[24] - $500
[12] - $10
[14] - $750,000
[6] - $25,000
[19] - $200,000
[3] - $750

Okay, not a terrible first round. The first offer of the game is

BANKER'S OFFER

$19,000

Missy says NO DEAL.

“You know those little toys that you wind up? That’s what you remind me of,” says Howie. That’s a fair assessment, as Missy has boundless energy and is bouncing and jumping all over the place.

Round 2
[23] - $400

More case-opening action coming at you after the break.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

The Human Wind-Up Toy’s game continues. Missy says she’s very lucky and wins every contest she enters. Let’s she how she does in the rest of the game.

[22] - $1
[4] - $1,000,000 - Pop goes the millski.
[5] - $25
[10] - $.01

Both the million and the cent eliminated in a single round. The Banker says Missy is spunky, and she doesn’t like spunky. The new offer is

BANKER'S OFFER

$10,000

Missy’s supporters include her best friends Jill, Renee and Jill. That’s two Jills for the price of one. Missy’s family is seated in the audience.

With regards to the offer, Missy says NO DEAL.

Round 3
[16] - $500,000
[1] - $400
[9] - $100,000
[21] - $50

Again the highest available amount was knocked out. Despite that, Howie says a big offer is coming Missy’s way after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:33 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

We’re back, and it’s Banker time. The Banker wants to put faith in Missy’s luck and is now offering her

BANKER'S OFFER

$32,000

A sizeable increase despite the amounts eliminated in the previous round. Missy’s daughter Dana says she should keep playing. Missy announces that her goal is the get the $400,000. She says NO DEAL.

Round 4
[26] - $200 + Princess Cruises - Missy wins a cruise from Princess Cruises and has effectively secured her girls’ trip.
[2] - $75
[15] - $100

The Human Wind-Up Toy cranks out an all-blue round. Howie answers the Banker’s call and initially doesn’t hear what she’s saying. Misty whistles loudly to get the Banker’s attention and she finally delivers the next offer of

BANKER'S OFFER

$53,000

Renee says Missy is in a great position. Missy agrees and says NO DEAL.

Eight cases remain. We’ll open up two of them after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:41 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

We’re back. Will Missy still be alive after round number five? Let’s find out.

Round 5
[18] - $5,000
[20] - $75,000

The board at this point:

$5
$1,000
$10,000
$50,000
$300,000
$400,000

And the offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

$77,000

One case at a time from this point forward. Missy’s husband says the force is with her and should play on. Her son says she should not play it safe. Howie asks the question, and Missy’s response is NO DEAL.

Round 6
[11] - $1,000

A big offer is coming Missy’s way when we come back.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

We’re back. The sixth offer arrives, and it’s our first foray into six figures.

BANKER'S OFFER

$117,000

“Missy is a beaming light and deserves everything,” says one of the Jills. Renee tells Missy to think about the next five years, when her kids will be going to college. The counter offer is also still available. Missy says NO DEAL, but can’t believe she did it immediately afterwards.

“Will your luck hold on?” Howie inquires. There’s only one way to find out.

Round 7
[25] - $300,000

“All right, deal time,” says one of the supporters. It might be, as the safety net is now gone. But first, here’s the new offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$84,000

“This is your counter offer time,” chimes another supporter. Her husband suggests making a counter offer of $95,000, and that’s exactly what Missy does.

BANKER'S OFFER

$95,000

We’ll find out the Banker’s verdict after the final break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 6, 2019

Welcome back. Before the break, Missy gave control of the game to the Banker by submitting a counter offer of $95,000. We’re now about to find out whether or not she has accepted it. The Banker calls and says she’s giving Missy a gift - an opportunity to prove how lucky she truly is. The counter offer is REJECTED, and Missy is forced to play on.

Round 8
Missy runs through the significance of the numbers of each of the remaining cases. She picks number 7 in honour of her father’s birthday.

“This one case can make you or break you,” says Howie.

[7] - $10,000

Yes! The point has been proven. Missy is pretty darn lucky, and the Banker rewards her with an offer of

BANKER'S OFFER

$165,000

Most sane people would take this offer. I know I would. Those of you reading this might do the same. The audience chants “Take the deal! Take the deal!” Missy takes their advice and does exactly that - it’s a DEAL!

But as is our post-deal tradition, we must now ask this question - was that a good deal? Let’s find out.

Proveout
Round 9

[8] - $400,000

Holy boats! A perfect deal! Missy got out at just the right time, thus scoring a massive victory. Howie opens case 17 to reveal $50,000. Case 13 held the $5.

Missy kept saying she wins every contest she enters, and she made a statement by winning this one in amazing fashion. She returns to Philly with $165,000 and the girls’ trip of her dreams.

Next time, we meet someone who probably should have been a member of this forum. Until then, good night and good deals.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]