Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

Warnings: 0
Had enough Deal USA? Of course you haven’t :P. As part of the show’s return, CNBC is airing another new episode tonight. I barely had enough time to catch my breath when the last episode ended, so I apologize if this seems a bit rushed.

Our contestant for this game is Casey Heath, who is originally from Ohio. Casey wants to move back to Ohio to be closer to her family. She’s brought seven of her relatives with her as her team of supporters.

She then chooses case 4, and the game begins.

Round 1 - 6 to open
[9] - $50
[2] - $1
[19] - $75,000
[15] - $400
[22] - $1,000
[17] - $200,000

Not a bad opening round. Let’s see what the Banker has to say.

BANKER'S OFFER

$27,000

The Banker offers another proposition. Since she brought so many supporters with her, she’ll offer Casey $5,000 for each family member she eliminates. Her sister Aubrey goes, and Casey pockets five grand. She then says NO DEAL.

Round 2 - 5 to open
[24] - $300,000
[5] - $100
[12] - $.01
[14] - $500,000
[10] - $750,000

Oof. Not a great round at all. The Banker takes this into consideration and offer takes a hit.

BANKER'S OFFER

$12,000

Casey eliminates her brother John and gains another $5,000. She also says NO DEAL.

Round 3 - 4 to open
[13] - $10
[18] - $75
[8] - $500
[23] - $100,000

A much better round. The million is still in play, and the next offer comes after the break.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (Premiere #2)

We’re back from the break, and here’s the third offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$41,000

Casey eliminates her brother Jesse and adds another five large, giving her $15,000 in bonus cash. What is this, Le Banquier? She then says NO DEAL.

Round 4 - 3 to open
[3] - $750
[25] - $300
[1] - $200

It’s been a while since anyone on this forum has said this, but that was an all-blue round :D.

The next offer and a good idea come after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:43 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (Premiere #2)

We’re back with more Deal USA, and here’s the offer and a good idea.

The good idea comes from Howie. Casey’s dad is a Deal super fan, and Howie has a special surprise for him - his recliner from his home in Ohio.

The new offer is:

BANKER'S OFFER

$77,000

Casey adds another $5,000 by eliminating her mother Kim, and then she says NO DEAL.

Round 5 - 2 to open
[26] - $1,000,000 - Bye-bye, millski. 400 grand is now the largest amount in play.
[7] - $10,000

The offer has dropped significantly, and this time it’s...

BANKER'S OFFER

$45,000

The bonus money goes up to $25,000 with the elimination of Casey’s sister Brandy, who told her to choose case 26.

Casey’s dad tells her to pitch a counter offer of...

BANKER'S OFFER

$65,000

We’ll see what the Banker says about that after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (Premiere #2)

Welcome back. The Banker rejects the counter offer, and Casey is forced to play on.

Round 6 - 1 to open
[11] - $25

Only one amount left on the left side of the board, and it’s the $5. Sound familiar? Howie asks Casey’s dad Randy what would be a good offer, and he says $100,000. Casey then increases her bonus take to $30,000 by eliminating her brother Sean.

The next offer is not a hundred grand, but it is...

BANKER'S OFFER

$60,000

Casey will have a total of $90,000 if she deals, but she decides not to. She says NO DEAL, and we play on after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (Premiere #2)

We’re back with round 7. Here we go...

Round 7 - 1 to open
[6] - $5,000

It’s on the right side, but it’s not the $400,000. There is a 25 per cent chance that Casey’s case holds that amount. The Banker respects Casey for her decision to play on, and the offer reflects that.

BANKER'S OFFER

$103,000

Our first foray into six figures in this game. Here is the board at this point:

$5
$25,000
$50,000
$400,000

Casey is offered the chance to eliminate her father, the last relative standing. She declines that opportunity and says DEAL.

But was that the right decision? Howie forgoes the proveout and immediately opens case 4, revealing $50,000 inside. So it’s another player victory.

With the Le Banquier-esque bonus, Casey’s total winnings are $133,000. Not a bad haul at all.

Will the players’ winning streak continue? Tune in next time and find out. Until then, good night and good deals.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

I see it took all of only 2 games for the silly gimmicks that plagued the later half of the NBC run to come back. :roll:

A classic chase six figures and get out once you reach it game if you ignore the other nonsense.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:03 am    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I see it took all of only 2 games for the silly gimmicks that plagued the later half of the NBC run to come back. :roll:

A classic chase six figures and get out once you reach it game if you ignore the other nonsense.
Well, “New Twists” was literally in the tagline, so this wasn’t really that unexpected.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:09 am    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

Side note: Why is there a “Premiere Continues In” timer that literally appears only at the end with a time of <1 minute? That just seems unnecessary.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:36 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
Side note: Why is there a “Premiere Continues In” timer that literally appears only at the end with a time of <1 minute? That just seems unnecessary.

I think that’s because the two back-to-back episodes re-aired immediately after they were originally broadcast.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)

The guaranteed money made this a very weird game. All in all, can't deny her at all for taking the deal when she did. That said, it feels like there's too much filler and not enough talk about how they really feel about the board? Makes it feel really shallow compared to what we see in other versions. And lack of a proveout is :(

Other than that, the father was crazy for the offers he was expecting (crazy AMOs again, yaaaaay!) and the counter-offer was higher than it should have been once again, though with an early deal being able to deny a portion of the family elimination bonus it was definitely more reasonable than the one we saw last episode!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 5, 2018 (CNBC Premiere #2)
International Forums Moderator

Interesting game. The bizarre twist to this episode definitely changed the game - I might have played on at the 4-case offer precisely because it was really a $30k/$55k/$80k/$430k board with a $133k offer! - and I guess that if the game's established as different for everyone in other ways this is just another way of doing it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]