Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:27 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Warnings: 0
Yeah, I think this guy has no brains. I’d deal here. Board is too dangerous to even consider playing on. One wrong case, and you’re toast.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:31 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Howie says this is not how he remembers the show. :lol: I think he is right, as no one has ever no dealt on a 2 low amounts/$750k board.

Luis's wife, Tia, remains calm, as she's confident that Luis choose the $750,000.

Neither of the models want to be picked. :lol:

17-
$75 :D :D :D

Banker Time...........................

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:39 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

$5 and $750,000 remain. :eyes: :eyes:

Howie tries his best to remain neutral while telling Luis that this is his final offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$333,000

TAKE IT! is the immediate response from both me and Luis's mom. Luis's brother also encourages him to take it, but Tia encourages him to counter.

Luis says his mom beat cancer on a chance, and decides to finally make a counter offer:

Luis counters with a NO DEAL :smt103 :smt103 :smt103

:? :? :?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Officially one of the dumbest contestants ever, even if he does get the big money. And if he doesn’t, well...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

I never in a million years thought that anyone would ever gamble on a peanuts/$750,000 finish. Sure, a few people did on a peanuts/$1,000,000 finish during the Million Dollar Mission, but both were guaranteed a $10,000+ consolation prize and were blinded by the glory of potentially becoming a millionaire. No such guarantees nor pressure here. Just a guy who put belief in his case above all else.

Anyways, here we are. Will Luis become the first ever person in a normal $1,000,000 game to actually achieve the perfect result from opening his case, or will twitter explode in fury at him?

Case 10 is opened to reveal:

$5 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Luis leaves with priceless memories, and a Deal or No Deal record technically. That was the biggest ever crash on a normal $1,000,000 board. :shock: :(

I guess this is why this episode was handed over to NBC: CNBC did not want to endorse the business decisions made in this game. :lol:

Not to sound like Dr. Hindsight, but let's sweep this self-inflicted disaster behind us and look forward to the show's proper premiere on December 5th. :)

Howie quickly closes out the show, as I will also be doing with this commentary.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Ben, I’m sorry that you wasted an hour of your life watching this. You - and America - deserve better.

The moral of the story is that greed kills. What a complete waste of a contestant.

I see the show has learned nothing after being off the air for nine years. Yeah, maybe they jazzed up the place a bit, but the contestants still have excrement for brains.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 am    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

If it’s anything as a consolation, basically everyone was calling for a deal. And given that this is the first episode, this might set an example of what not to do. Then again, I think all of the episodes were already taped, so...

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

This is why I dislike US contestants... Ouch!

Also the resident Anya (#10) fan.
Next Miljoenenjacht episode: 17 march 2019

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:27 pm    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

American Coupon Boy wrote:
no one has ever no dealt on a 2 low amounts/$750k board.

Something even more crazy than that happened in 2007: Someone no dealt $305k on a 2 low amounts/$1mil board!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

matryoshka758 wrote:

Something even more crazy than that happened in 2007: Someone no dealt $305k on a 2 low amounts/$1mil board!

I know, and he held the record for the biggest crash on a normal $1,000,000 board before this game. :(

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

matryoshka758 wrote:

I know, and he held the record for the biggest crash on a normal $1,000,000 board before this game. :(

Yeah, it was Wesley Autrey who managed to destroy $305k in such a disasterous way... The worst thing was, that they gave him a Jeep Patriot as a gift at the end!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)
International Forums Moderator

That's a textbook self-inflicted crash right there. My word.

Still, makes sense for NBC to get this one given that at the very least it was a dramatic game to remind people of what they loved about DoND.

And it apparently worked. The second half of the episode had more viewers than the first (at least in the key 18-49 age group that is generally the basis for network TV primetime ad sales), which sounds ordinary enough and logical for this show... except this was at 10pm, and directly after NBC smash hit (and fellow Dutch format!) The Voice. The usual occupant of this same timeslot lost at least 15% of its audience from the first half to the second in each of the last few weeks!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Thank you for posting, it's good to see it's come back in the US and with Howie still as host. :)

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]