Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:49 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Warnings: 0
The return of Deal or No Deal to the USA will commence in just over 2 hours. To commemorate this occasion, this forum will be having its first live commentary in nearly 2 years.

I'm just setting up the thread now as I have no doubt people will be flooding into this forum and the servers will overload from the record-breaking number of people here before the show even starts. :D ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Where is everyone? :ponder:

So what if it's 3 am in the UK. I thought for sure there would be at least some die hard insomniacs that would stay awake for this. :laughing

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

The show starts by asking "Where were you when you were first heard the question?" :ponder: I think at my grandmother's watching a rerun on GSN.

Anyways, the "ground-breaking hit" is back after 10 years. It's the all-new Deal or No Deal.

Howie welcomes everyone as he did before. He's looking to give away $1,000,000, which is ironically displayed across our screens in bold red. He then introduces the models.

Today's player is Louis Green.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:12 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Louis is a sales consultant from Jacksonville, Florida. The word family means a lot to him, especially as he was adopted at the age of 13 after being 11 different foster homes. Thankfully the US banker won't use that as amo to pressure him into a deal like the UK Banker would. :D

He then gives us the revelation of the century by agreeing with Howie that $1,000,000 would change his life. :D

Howie then goes through the usual housekeeping: the 26 models are holding 26 cases containing 26 different amounts of money placed randomly by an independent 3rd party, ranging from a penny to $1,000,000.

Louis chooses Case 10 as he moved out of his mom's house 10 years ago. :suspect:

Let the game begin!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:19 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Round 1 (6 cases):

8- $750

18- $500,000

Howie reminds Louis that he doesn't want $500,000 to be in his case, he wants the $1,000,000 to be in there. Are we sure Noel didn't shave his head and move the US to host this? :roll: :lol:

1- $75,000

11- $50,000

22- $1,000,000 :(

No #FMM (First Male Millionaire) tonight, sadly. :( ;)

Howie points out that there are 5 six figure amounts still on the board that would change his life.

7- $500

Time for the new Banker.................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:24 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

The new Banker is a woman who wants to buy Louis's case for as little as possible.

BANKER'S OFFER

$12,000

Howie points out that this Deal 2.0, and as an extra twist Louis can make a counter offer once during the game. If the Banker agrees to it, it's an automatic Deal, but if she turns it down it's an automatic No Deal, meaning there is a LOT of risk involved in using this. :eyes:

Louis unsurprisingly just decides to NO DEAL for now. :)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:27 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Round 2 (5 cases):

2- $25,000

12- $10,000

23- $25

16- $1,000

13- $50

The model holding 13, Mahogany, did a classic fake-out by looking sad at first. :D

Banker time................................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

As he relays the offer, Howie gives his usual (at least in the old days of US primetime Deal) spiel that this is a game of timing and luck.

BANKER'S OFFER

$28,000

Howie introduces us to Louis's supporters: his mom Debbie, his younger brother Sean, and his wife Tia. They then show a video of Louis's first Christmas with the family.

The family all signal to No Deal, and Louis also decides to NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Round 3 (4 cases):

14- $300

21- $400,000 :(

15- $1

19- $5,000

Banker time.....................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:39 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Howie points out that the deeper we get into the game the more nervous the Banker gets as there is a greater chance one of the big amounts is in Louis's case (assuming they're still in play, of course ;) :roll: ). As such, the offer has gone up despite the $400k going:

BANKER'S OFFER

$44,000

His mom points out the 4 six figure amounts still in play and says Louis should No Deal. Louis agrees and says NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Round 4 (3 cases):

20- $100,000

Negative reaction to that one, but it actually isn't so bad as long as that's the top amount found in this round, especially as highest amount below this is $750!

Louis says he's taking this game all the way. :shock: :eyes: His mom quickly counters by saying "hold on now." :lol:

4- $0.01 :D

6- $300,000 :(

LOOK AT THE BOARD:

$5
$10
$75
$100
$200
$400

$200,000
$750,000

Still two six figure amounts in play but absolutely no back-up for them, and 2 cases to open in the next round,

Let's see what the Banker has to say.......................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Howie points out there is a 25% chance of Louis having six figures in his case.

BANKER'S OFFER

$55,000

First serious decision of the game, and possibly the last if the next round goes badly!

Howie points out the options: Deal, No Deal, or Counter-Offer.

Tia says it's a lot of money but they came here to win. His family all still say No Deal. :shock:

Louis shows no hesitation in saying NO DEAL once more.

(This, my friends, is the clear difference between US and UK risk attitudes in action. You better believe there would be a lot more deliberation over an 8 box offer on the UK version on a 6 blue/2 red board like this, even if the offer was in mid-four figures!)

A break is called......................

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:57 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Round 5 (2 cases):

3- $100

Can Louis keep his all-important safety net into the one to open rounds?

9-
$400

Yes he can! :D

Banker time.............................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Howie says things are about to get tough.

BANKER'S OFFER

$102,000

Wow, I'd be seriously tempted here. And WOW again, there's a stat on the screen that the offer increased by more than 185%. :shock: :)

Louis says that, for his mom, he has to say NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:03 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Here we go. Just one at a time to open for here on in.

25- $200 :D

Banker Time...................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

The Banker points that everyone is having a good time, except for her!

BANKER'S OFFER

$140,000

I think this is where I'd counter with an offer of $154,000, saying that the average is $190,000 and a 20% premium for the Banker would be fair.

Luis points out that the worst case scenario still leaves $200,000 on the board. His family still say No Deal, though his mom is understandably nervous.

Luis says he came to play a game, and it's a NO DEAL!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

26- $200,000 :o

The safety net is now gone, but the big dream is still there!

Now let's see how this Banker treats all or peanuts boards...................................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:15 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

The Banker now considers this her board.

BANKER'S OFFER

$129,000

Apparently she doesn't take advantage of this fact nearly as much as the UK Banker would.

His family encourages him to counter the offer. I wouldn't be so keen to do so myself here, as the Banker can easily decline it and force you into a possible crash.

Luis, surprisingly enough, doesn't even counter. He just says
NO DEAL :shock:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

This is it. This one case will determine whether Luis is a greedy fool or a, aaahhhhh, fortunate greedy fool. :D

There is an "I believe" chant started as this next case is opened. At least its a step up from a blue chant, I suppose. :?

5-
$10 :D :D

Banker Time...............................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal December 3, 2018 (NBC Christmas Preview)

Howie says he believes in Christmas now even though he's Jewish. :lol:

The Banker, however, doesn't believe.

BANKER'S OFFER

$217,000

That offer would see a me shaped hole through the studio wall, the counter offer be darned.

Luis thinks about countering with an offer of $260,000. Yeah, I don't think that will end well. :P :shock:

His mom tells him to just take the offer. I agree with her.

Luis ultimately just decides to

NO DEAL :shock: :shock: :shock: sdgthju sdgthju sdgthju

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]