Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:07 am Last visit was: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:07 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: DoND USA: January 2, 2009 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

Warnings: 0
Before we begin this recap, I thought I'd try something a little different.
From somewhere in Canada, it's time for Sing Along with Mark :D !
(to the tune of The Good Old Hockey Game, by Stompin' Tom Connors - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2G5gf9GHk)

Hello out there,
We're on the air,
It's Deal night tonight.
The tension grows
As the cases go
And there's no end in sight.
The contestant jumps,
And Howie bumps
And the fans all go insane.
Someone roars,
Play some more!
At the good old Deal Game.

Oh, the good old Deal Game
It's getting kinda lame.
And the thing that's getting lame,
Is the good old Deal Game.

Second round.
The offers come,
And the player hums
While he tries to make a choice.
Howie asks the question in
A loud and clear voice.
The player’s floored
When he sees the board
There’s large amounts galore.
His supporters feel
He should take the deal

It's getting kinda lame.

Third round, last round of the game, too.
The final two
Are in clear view
One million bucks at stake.
An offer’s made
And the stage is laid
Play on, for goodness sake!
It’s declined,
The supporters whine
Did their friend just screw it up?
The biggie’s revealed,
Everyone squeals!

It's getting kinda lame.

As you can see, I like to go out with a flourish :D .

In case you've been living under a rock for the past month or so, this is the last episode of the primetime version of DoND USA. If you've been reading the reports, you'll have known that the primetime version is being shelved after this episode. The best way to sum the NBC primetime run of DoND would be with a great quote from The Grateful Dead - "What a long, strange trip it's been." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Our first contestant of the night is drag racer and bride-to-be Mandy Quigley, who's looking for some cashola to pay for her upcoming wedding. Hopefully, Case 16 will help her dream become reality. We start - now!

Round 1 - 6 to open
Briefcases 20 ($75,000), 4 ($5), 9 ($300), 17 ($750), 26 ($100), and 11 ($200,000) eliminated. Banker offers $89,000; NO DEAL.

Round 2 - 5 to open
Briefcases 8 ($.01), 19 ($500), 22 ($50,000), 18 ($100,000), and 21 ($750,000) eliminated. Banker offers $71,000; NO DEAL.

Round 3 - 4 to open
Briefcases 3 ($1,000,000), 24 ($400), 15 ($10), and 25 ($400,000) eliminated. Banker offers $28,000; NO DEAL.

Round 4 - 3 to open
Briefcases 7 ($1,000), 13 ($10,000), and 23 ($1) eliminated. Banker offers $49,000; NO DEAL.

Round 5 - 2 to open
Briefcases 10 ($500,000) and 5 ($75) eliminated. Banker offers $22,000; NO DEAL.

Round 6 - 1 to open
Briefcase 6 ($200) eliminated. Banker offers $35,000; DEAL.

Final Winnings: $51,000. Somewhere along the way, Mandy earned a $16,000 bonus for successfully completing a challenge from the Banker. Here's how she did it. She mentioned that she was afraid of heights, so the banker put a $1,000 case, a $5,000 case, and a $10,000 case in the air. She was then strapped into a harness and was raised up. She grabbed all three cases, thus winning the total amount from them, which was $16,000.

$51,000 is safe, but was there more money in Mandy's future? We skip the proveouts and Howie opens Mandy's case right away to find out.

Contestant’s briefcase opened; briefcase contains $25,000.

Unopened briefcases: 1 ($50), 2 ($5,000), 12 ($25), 14 ($300,000).

A very "meh" game, but $51,000 will certainly help with the wedding.

We've some time left over, so let's meet another contestant. Her name is Diane Jorgenson, and she's a farmer. She hopes Case 25 will cultivate a big win for her. Let's see if she gets that big win as we start her game.

Round 1 - 6 to open
Briefcases 7 ($200), 20 ($5), 2 ($300), 9 ($75,000), 24 ($400,000), and 12 ($10,000) eliminated. Banker offers $55,000; NO DEAL.

Round 2 - 5 to open
Briefcases 1 ($.01), 16 ($50), 8 ($400), 10 ($200,000), and 11 ($100) eliminated. Banker offers $117,000; NO DEAL.

And that's where the show ends. Now, this is supposedly the last show, and yet we have a carryonver contestant. I guess we'll never know what happens to Diane, and how much dough she'll rake in. However, my friends at The Banker's Blog, available at http://www.nbc.com/dond have discovered that the conclusion to this game will indeed air - on Novermber 11, 2011, that is. Weird. Here's a link to that information if you want to see it for yourself: http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.a ... id=7445134
That's just plain weird. Hopefully, the sleuths who post regularly on The Banker's Blog will be able to sort this out.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank you all for reading the US version recaps over the past three years or so. It's been a pleasure presenting them to you, and I hope you've enjoyed reading and responding to them. It seems that my fellow moderator and recap poster, Joe Raygor (J.R.) has gone AWOL, so I've tried single-handedly to keep our dark little corner of the forum afloat in his absence. Thanks also to resident statistician / genius KP for providing the game stats and whatnot. I'm useless when it comes to math, so I'm glad that someone around here took the initiative to provide the stats for the US games. I'd also like to thank Jordan (heelsrule1988) for providing recap information for the US games with his DoND USA recaps page, available at http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/dealornodeal/index.htm . On behalf of all of us here from the US section, thanks for reading, and may all your deals be good ones.

(P.S., keep watching for this section US syndie version recaps, which will continue to to be provided occasionally.)

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:39 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: DoND USA: January 2, 2009 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

I heard 6th January was the last airing, so there may be one tomorrow evening or something, with the ending of that game and then another one.

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: DoND USA: January 2, 2009 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

Aaron Brock wrote:
I heard 6th January was the last airing, so there may be one tomorrow evening or something, with the ending of that game and then another one.

Not according to what I've what I've read. The official DoND website on NBC.com (http://www.nbc.com/dond) always lists the next airings of the show, and right now, the only thing listed in that box is the Friday night premiere of Howie Mandel's new hidden camera show, Howie Do it. I'm willing to bet money that Howie Do It will be a massive flop and experience Banana Sandwich.

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:14 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: DoND USA: January 2, 2009 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

You're certainly welcome; it's been a great few years doing this, and it's nice to know that people like you guys here find my recaps useful. The syndicated recaps will continue, of course, but it's sad to think that I may have done the last primetime recap. :(

Profile E-mail  
 [ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]