Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:26 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

Warnings: 0
I hate to be so brutal, but frankly, there is no better word to use to describe this girl. I just uploaded the recap... if you didn't see the show, all you need to know is in there. How can anyone be compelled to do such a stupid thing? Seriously. That's the kind of stuff that makes you want to pull your hair out. I mean, this girl makes Chelsea Drake from September 26 look like a genius. I just can't believe that happened.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:41 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

If you're talking about Sabrina Baxter, what was so bad about that? Are you judging people's deals on hindsight...?

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:05 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

No... I hated the deal the second she took it. I mean, how do you pass up having the ultimate safety net in the game?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:02 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

Can you provide a basic review on here so I can chuck in my honest two cents worth?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:59 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

Sabrina accepted the fifth round offer of $96,000 with $1, $200, $250,000, and $500,000 remaining on the board. Had she continued, she would have eliminated $200 and would have been offered $153,000. If she had gone further, she would have eliminated $1, giving her the ultimate scenario in the game. The practically meaningless final offer would have been $307,000. To top it all off, she had $500,000 in her case. So... I honestly don't see how anyone can truly defend Sabrina's decision. How could you walk away from that situation?

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:31 pm    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Sabrina accepted the fifth round offer of $96,000 with $1, $200, $250,000, and $500,000 remaining on the board. Had she continued, she would have eliminated $200 and would have been offered $153,000. If she had gone further, she would have eliminated $1, giving her the ultimate scenario in the game. The practically meaningless final offer would have been $307,000. To top it all off, she had $500,000 in her case. So... I honestly don't see how anyone can truly defend Sabrina's decision. How could you walk away from that situation?

Because $96,000 is an awesome amount of money! She could have knocked out $500,000 and her offered would have dropped lower. Then, saying NO DEAL to that, she could have knocked out $250,000 and be left with $1 and $200.

You don't know the final outcome of the game at that point because it is ALL chance. You just go with your gut feeling. I feel there is no such thing as a bad deal in the game. You DEAL when you are happy with the amount of money offered to you. That is THE real game of Deal or No Deal. The numbers on the board during the play are only numbers. It isn't real until you close a deal or take your case home. The numbers on the board fuel your offer.

Her situation was a 50/50 of at least $250,000. We've seen people on Millionaire who used their 50:50 on higher tier questions and did not go for it. In the end, it's Sabrina's life and $96,000 meant a lot to her for her to take it and run. Just complaining about a deal won't do justice. We play online for fun and no risk. People on television are changing their lives with real dollars up for grab. Dealing does not show cowardliness or poor game play.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

$96,000 would have been hard to decline, but I'd love to have gone for one more...and then coz of what was found go for the Dream Finish. So yeah, although I'd have played to the end as well, you can't fault her for realising how much $96,000 would have been had she found the $250,000 instead of the two low amounts...

An Banana Sandwich nonetheless...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:26 pm    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: World-class idiot on today's syndie show (INDIRECT SPOILERS)

DoNDFan wrote:
She could have knocked out $500,000 and her offered would have dropped lower. Then, saying NO DEAL to that, she could have knocked out $250,000 and be left with $1 and $200.

If she had eliminated $500,000 (only a 25% chance that would have happened), the offer would have dropped to no lower than $60,000, most likely. That's not a big enough drop for me to walk away from a board like she had. And the last thing you said doesn't really matter, because you'd have to be stupid to go on in that situation with no safety net. I just can't see a logical excuse for taking that deal.

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]