Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:12 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Recap for last night?

Warnings: 0
Any chance of a recap last night? The site I normally rely on for the recaps hasn't put it up and would like to know what happened.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

Believe me, greeny, it isn't worth recapping. It was one of the worst shows of the entire series. It was so bad, I had to watch the second half with the Mute on my tv turned on because of all the screeching that was going on. People watching across North America got headaches while watching it. This was one of those episodes that really should not have aired. We were shown prime examples of what not to do when you're on DoND. If it were up to me, this one would have surely made it to the incinerator after it was taped. Yes, it was that bad.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:31 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

A dedicated fan of the show would provide recaps regardless ;)

Just pop it in here, and THEN bring out box 23 :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:53 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

I'm fascinated to know what was so bad, so please post the recap (and bring out box 23).

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

So it looks like you guys really like Box 23, eh? I'm glad it was so well-received.
I'll try to get the re"crap" up sometime later on. Stay tuned...

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

greeny wrote:
The site I normally rely on for the recaps hasn't put it up and would like to know what happened.

I'm assuming you're referring to me, so major apologies... as I posted on the recaps page before the start of the season (and on Golden-Road.net), I've got a lot of things going on in my life right now, so my tradition of instantly having the recap up after the show is on hold for the moment. To give you an idea of how things are going for me, I haven't even seen this show yet... my girlfriend was kind enough to give me the information for the recap. Since I've never missed a show, I hope to catch it on CNBC eventually, although it appears I didn't miss much. Anyway... considering the circumstances, my goal for the next couple months is to have it up within a couple of hours after the show ends, but that is no given, of course. So I ask that you and others that rely on me for recaps have patience in the coming months. By the start of next year, I am hopeful that I will be able to get back in the normal routine of watching the show live and recapping during commercials.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:29 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

Hello heels, and thanks for your reply. Many people here enjoy your recaps site, and we appreciate the tireless effort that you put into it. It's very useful, and I often look to it for help when I'm missing information from my own recaps.

As for the recaps that this thread is referring to, believe me when I say that it is really not worth posting at all. It is by far one of the worst episodes in the history of DoND, and it should never see the light of day ever again. Trust me, it's THAT bad.

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:39 am    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

I had no idea my recaps were so well-known! The fact that people find it useful is what keeps me motivated to do them. I'm very happy to help out. :)

As far as the reportedly awful show... like I said, I did post the recap (thanks to my girlfriend's help), but haven't seen the show yet. Looking at how it went, though, I can agree with the negative remarks. They just need to kill the MDM already. It did what it was supposed to do, so why is it still going?

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

Yes, your recaps were the ones I was referring to, they're really useful, please keep them going!

Re: MDM - it should have stopped when Jessica won the million, and I'd have preferred to have seen a MDW on the normal board with 1 MD case.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

greeny wrote:
Yes, your recaps were the ones I was referring to, they're really useful, please keep them going!

Re: MDM - it should have stopped when Jessica won the million, and I'd have preferred to have seen a MDW on the normal board with 1 MD case.

Agreed. After Jessica won the jackpot, they decided to continue the MDM, which is not a good idea. Maybe that's the way that game will be played from now on - in MDM mode only. Maybe they should just rename the show "Million Dollar Mission" already. Seriously, it's enough with the MDM already. It's gotten to the point where it's become overkill. They finally got a millionaire out of it, so one would assume that it's time to close the book on it. But no, they decided not to. Honestly, there are times when I think some of us could do a better job of producing this show.

Oh, and heels, your recaps are top-notch ;) . Keep 'em coming if you can. Believe me when I say that everyone here considers them to be very important for catching up on missed episodes. In fact, I think your site is the only places out there where one can stay up-to-date on all things DoND. Keep up the great work :) .

heelsrule1988

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: heelsrule1988    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

Thank you for the compliments... like I said, what keeps me going is knowing that they are useful to people. :)

greeny wrote:
and I'd have preferred to have seen a MDW on the normal board with 1 MD case.

...which is exactly why I don't consider Jessica to be the first true million-dollar winner. I was happy for her, but I won't truly celebrate a million-dollar winner until it happens the right way. And if it ever does happen that way, I can only hope NBC won't spoil it. We all know they probably will, though. :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Recap for last night?

Well someone like you who does good recaps for the US show, and a forum here that does the same for the UK show, you should at least stick around and keep posting your two cents worth! :P

Welcome! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]