Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Distant spoiler regarding new theme of USA Deal

Warnings: 0
First post in the International section since the forum make-over...and I bring you news of a new theme to Deal or No Deal over the pond.

From what I've heard there is to be a couples edition coming up. Now the distant spoiler I have is that NBC obviously don't like showing "trainwreck shows"...

Don't read on if you don't want to know why so...

Basically there was a couple that took part and completely destroyed the board in the first three rounds...then in the fourth round they finished by leaving their last 8 cases all containing amounts that were all on the left hand side of the board!!! :shock:

Then the producers apparently gave the couple $500 (coincidentally the highest remaining value left) and ceased recording...scrapped altogether.

--------
So obviously they aren't brave enough to show "trainwreck disasters"! :roll:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:00 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Distant spoiler regarding new theme of USA Deal

Warnings: 0
This kind of incident happened once on the primetime version as well. It was during the first incarnation of the Million Dollar Mission. Endemol chose not to show a game where the player had knocked out both of the million dollar cases available to her early in her game. She ended up winning $50,000 (which is a a nice amount of money, IMO) through her own case at the end. Endemol thought that this show wasn't entertaining, so they chose not to air it. However, the contestant did receive her winnings in full. There was another episode that was not shown for some reason, but unlike the previous one, this one could only be seen online, through NBC's official DoND website. Endemol called it "the lost episode", and it featured a game with a massive trainwreck, a low win, and a very strange contestant. Neither of these episodes were halted mid-production, though.

Now, this is what puzzles me. They chose not to show an episode with a $50,000 in-the-case win, and yet, they have showed numerous other episodes in the past featuring massive, self-inflicted trainwrecks where people went home with $500 or less. That's why Endemol seems strange to me sometimes. They'll show several trainwreck games, and then scrap another. At least they gave the couple the highest remaining dollar amount on the board, the $500, but just stopping the game in the middle like that wasn't the right approach. The UK version has had hundreds of trainwreck games over the years, but every single one of them was aired in full. Only one UK episode was never aired, but that was for an entirely different reason. DoND is a game of chance, and the dollar values are randomly placed. The player has no idea what amount is in what case. It's all random. You could make a good decision on one pick, but then a bad decision on the next. Luck is involved in the selection process as well, but as I said, it's all random. Even the biggest DoND stats experts will tell you that.

I can remember an episode from the first season where everything on the right side of the board had been eliminated in the first few rounds, with $750 being the highest remaining amount. Howie and the contestant kept the game going anyway, and played it for laughs. The player ended up winning the $750 through her own case. That was actually fun to watch, which might sound strange coming from me. I never saw someone seem so happy about winning $750, but hey, at least it's better than winning $10 or less. Despite the huge crash early in the game, Endemol aired this game in full. This contestant was in the same situation as this couple, and instead of stopping tape and paying her off, they let the game continue. Endemol's decision to air this game and not this one from the syndie verison defies all logic, and does not make sense. Something tells me that it won't be the last time this kind of thing happens, given Endemol's current track record.

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]