Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:36 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: It's coming back!

Warnings: 0
DoND America will be back on February 27 as another 5-day event!

Interesting change is that the game will feature some sort of jackpot system. The top prize will increase $500,000 every day so Fridays show could have a top offering of $3,000,000!

Info source: http://buzzerblog.com/ (A very trustworthy source for game show news.)

-Joe R.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

One question about that:

How is that going to reconcile with the Millionaire-esque straddling contestant system they used on the first run? Someone keeping the top case in play at the end of an episode will suddenly see their position improve when they return.

Also, you'll have one-number games from the beginning by the end of the week, because of the enormous gap you'd have between the 750k and the jackpot.

Personally I think a rolling jackpot of a more subtle nature might work: assume the million isn't won by the first player. 100k is added to the jackpot, and 50k to the next highest value - so they become 800k and 1.1m. And so on and so on - 850k and 1.2m, 900k and 1.3m, etc.

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

I'm not quite sure. My guess that the games will be self-contained. My hope is they don't stretch one game into the whole hour but have at least two games in.

I only got the information from the above site. I can say it is true because I saw a lot of ads today talking about the progressive jackpot. It's also believed that $750,000 will increase to $1,000,000 as the jackpot starts to rise.

No word if the jackpot will carryover when the show moves into a regular time-slot on Mondays after this 5-episode run.

-Joe R.

itiparanoid13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:46 pm    Author: itiparanoid13    Post subject:

As what I know, if a contestant carries over to the next show, the jackpot will go up when the new contestant comes in. It would be a bit stupid to start the new jackpot the exact next game. That would change things drastically and, potentially, for the worse.

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]