Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1 post ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:10 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banquier 29/01/17

Warnings: 0
Julie Snyder had a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on that farm, there was some cash,
E-I-E-I-O.
With some cases here and an offer there,
Here a bark, there a meow,
Everywhere a handout.
Julie Snyder has a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.

The set of Le Banquier is indeed a veritable farm tonight, and for a good reason. Anne-Caroline Coutu of Sherbrooke, owner of 14 of the various animals on stage, is our contestant for the evening. She is a woman of many jobs, one of which is overseeing a business called Toutous Poilus that provides animals for various special events.

Keeping with the theme of the show, the models are all celebrities accompanied by their pets (mostly cats and dogs, plus a pig, a snake, and two guinea pigs). Anne-Caroline then mentions that she is a big fan of comedian Guylaine Tremblay, and as luck would have it, out she comes with two miniature horses in tow. Guylaine mentions that one of these horses, which is about the size of a dog, is for Anne-Caroline, and it's worth $6,000. This marks the second time in Deal or No Deal history that a contestant has won a horse.

After all that horsing around, Anne-Caroline picks case 11, held by actor and comedian Joel Legendre and his rather large cat, and the game finally begins.

Round 1
[14] - $100 - This case was held by a veterinarian who was a contestant on Le Banquier back in 2007. A brief video clip reveals that he won $89,000.
[26] - $50
Julie then picks up a rabbit wearing a dress. The rabbit proceeds to take a dump on Julie's white shirt, a possible indication of how this game might turn out.
[19] - $0.01
[21] - $200
[18] - $500,000 - Looks like the rabbit and its poop were right.
[16] - $175,000

BANKER'S OFFER

$41,000

Anne-Caroline says REFUSÉE.

Round 2
[9] - $112,000
[6] - $1,000
[8] - $400,000 - That rabbit's a mystic, I tell ya.
[13] - Surprise | $500 - The Surprise is $8,000 worth of pet food and accessories from Mondou, a pet supply store chain in Quebec.
[15] - $100,000

BANKER'S OFFER

$43,000

Round 3
Anne-Caroline calls on her husband Dany to select the next case. He picks number 24. Also, Julie says she'll eat a dog biscuit if Anne-Caroline finds a left-side amount in this round.
[24] - $125,000 - Oops.
[23] - $400 - Julie lives up to her promise and eats the dog biscuit.
[4] - $200,000
[3] - $300,000 - A rabbit's foot is widely regarded as a lucky object; rabbit excrement seems to do the reverse.

BANKER'S OFFER

$21,000

Round 4
[2] - Sunwing | $1 - Anne-Caroline wins a trip for four to Montego Bay, Jamaica worth the usual $8,000.
[1] - $20
Anne-Caroline receives $16,000 worth of dog grooming sessions for her four dogs.
[20] - $5,000

We're trending in the right direction now (sort of), but if the $150,000 goes, it's effectively game over.

BANKER'S OFFER

$28,000

Round 5
[7] - $150,000 - We're guaranteed one crappy game on Le Banquier per season, and this is it. $50,000 is now the highest remaining amount.
Anne-Caroline then goes back to Dany to select the next case. We saw how well he did last time.
[5] - $25,000 - Looks like Anne-Caroline learned nothing.

Well, with not much money left to play for, the offer bottoms out appropriately.

BANKER'S OFFER

$18,000

Anne-Caroline decides she can handle the game no longer, and decides to take a defeatist deal. She says ACCEPTÉE.

With good odds of knocking out the rest of the lower amounts, I'd have played on. Plus, the Vidéotron Mobile bonus has not yet been found, so that alone would keep me in the hunt. Let's see how this turns out.

Proveout
Round 6

[10] - $750

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$19,000

Round 7
[25] - $300

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$20,000

Round 8
[17] - $10

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$22,000

Round 9
[12] - $50,000

So Vidéotron Mobile would have have remained until the end, along with the $5. Unbeknownst to many, Vidéotron Mobile follows the same rule as a similar bonus featured during a week's worth of shows on the short-lived U.S. syndicated version of Deal. If the contestant goes all the way and finds it in their case, they win double its value.

However, if Anne-Caroline had gone to the end and not swapped, she'd have left with the fiver instead. The bonus was in case 22.

Despite the game being completely ruined by a rabbit that just couldn't hold it in, Anne-Caroline returns to Sherbrooke with a total of $56,400 in cash, stuff, and horse.

Next time, a contestant proves that Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor was right all along - bow ties truly are cool. Until then, good night and good deals.

Learn more about Toutous Poilus here: http://www.toutouspoilus.com/

[ 1 post ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]