Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:39 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banquier 15/11/15

Warnings: 0
Julie Snyder had a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on her farm, she had some cash,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a half-mill here, and a handout there,
Here an offer, there a deal, everywhere a big win.
Julie Snyder had a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.

Oh, hi there. Please excuse the feeble attempt at a song parody above. This is Le Banquier, where all the money is right in front of you; all you have to do is find it.

You may be asking yourself, "What the devil is that crazy Canadian getting up to this time? Surely he's tried every trick in the book by now." Not quite. The reason for the brief musical interlude is because tonight's contestant is a veterinarian and huge animal lover, and we've got an animal-themed show as a result. Say hello to Karine Arpin of Ville Lemoyne, Quebec, who is accompanied by her cow, Maggie. Yes, she actually had a cow with her on set. That might be a first.

Keeping with the animal theme, 26 random celebrities, each of which is accompanied by an animal (mostly cats and dogs, although one has a fancy hen) are guarding the cases. And just for added measure, Julie has a hedgehog, while Karine is joined by her dog. Karine opts for case 10, and the celebrity holding it has a cat in his arms that looks like it weighs 100 pounds. It's a Maine Coon, and they're known for being large. But I digress.

All right, now that the formalities are out of the way, it's juice and jam time.

Round 1
[14] - Surprise / $50 - The Surprise is a trip the the Magdalen Islands (3 nights, 2 people) to check out seals, which includes a helicopter tour ($7,400).
[2] - $1,000
[5] - $300,000
[3] - $200
[22] - $175,000
[23] - $300

BANKER'S OFFER

$41,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 2
[26] - $750
[13] - $25,000
[24] - $500,000
[17] - $5,000
[6] - $500

BANKER'S OFFER

$49,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 3
[4] - $150,000
[19] - $400,000
[12] - $10
[9] - Sunwing / $400 - Karine wins a trip to Aruba, her second trip of the night ($8,000).

BANKER'S OFFER

$37,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 4
[25] - $5
[7] - $75
[16] - $50,000

With $200,000 as the highest remaining right-side amount, Karine faces this:

BANKER'S OFFER

$44,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 5
[18] - $1
[21] - $100,000

Things are starting to look precarious, but the top two amounts, $125,000 and $200,000 are still in play, and the offers are trending upwards, albeit slightly.

BANKER'S OFFER

$51,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 6
[15] - $100

That will certainly help. Only two blues left to take out as we get this offer:

BANKER'S OFFER

$61,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 7
[8] - $20

Could Karine wind up as the Comeback Kid? It's starting to look that way, and the Banker doesn't like that. Cue the offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$81,000

Karine says REFUSÉE.

Round 8
[11] - $0.01 - No more blues :D!

This game was heading for a crash a few rounds ago, but Karine holds the advantage now. The Banker thinks this can stop her...

BANKER'S OFFER

$118,000

...but it can't. Our veterinarian evidently has nerves of steel, as she says REFUSÉE.

Round 9
[1] - Vidéotron Mobile

And with the $10,000 bonus secured, we have one hell of a final two, and one hell of a final offer:

BANKER'S OFFER

$185,000

Stats Break: The mean between $125,000 and $200,000 is $162,500. But as we've seen in the past, this Banker frequently pitches above-average offers. This looks like something you'd see in a proveout, and yet Karine has managed to get it in live play.

Evidently, our contestant knows an AMO when she sees one, so she says ACCEPTÉE.

Now for the moment of truth. Did Karine miss out on an additional 15 grand, or did she score the first OPW of the season? Cases 10 and 20 are opened simultaneously to give us the answer:

[10] - $125,000
[20] - $200,000

Well, how do you like that? Karine made a profit, and did so in amazing fashion. Even if she had opened her own case, she'd have still walked away with a six-figure payday. That certainly doesn't happen very often.

Before the show ends, Karine is awarded a whale-watching tour from Les Croisières AML worth $4,500. Anything to squeeze in one more handout, right, Julie?

Persistence pays off for Karine, to the tune of $223,700 in cash and stuff. That's quite the takeaway.

Next time, it'll be raining men on the set of Le Banquier. Wondering what that's all about? Join me next week to find out. Until then, good night, and good deals.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:26 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier 15/11/15

Warnings: 0
114% of the mean! You'd be mental to not deal there! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]