Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:08 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banqiuer 11/10/15

Warnings: 0
It’s Sunday night, and that means it’s time for another Le Banquier recap, chock full of handouts, hijinks, and more French than you can shake a bowl of poutine at.

The theme for tonight’s show is musicals, and our 21-year-old contestant Kristine Guertin, who hails from Ste-Cécile-de-Milton, is a big fan of them. Born without peripheral vision, she hopes to win enough money to buy a new house.

As this is a themed episode – I can’t recall the last time Le Banquier had a “normal” one – we have themed case models in the form of 26 actors and actresses who have appeared or are currently appearing in various musicals. It’s useless to mention them by name here, as neither you nor I know who they are. I may be from Quebec, but I never went to see French plays or movies. In fact, the only French television I watched growing up in Montreal was game shows like this one.

Kristine selects case 19 in honour of her father’s birthdate, and we get underway.

Round 1
[2] - $50,000
[18] - Sunwing / $75 - Kristine wins a trip to Cancun ($8,000).
[26] - $25,000 - The actor holding this case is dressed as Tevye, the protagonist in Fiddler on the Roof. The titular Banquier then issues a challenge: If Julie is able to perform a dance from Fiddler on the roof that involves balancing an empty wine bottle on top of her head while wearing a hat, Kristine will pocket a $500 bonus. Not surprisingly, Julie is successful.
[10] - $1,000
[21] - $0.01
[7] - $20

BANKER'S OFFER

$51,000

Kristine says REFUSÉE.

Round 2
[20] - $100,000
[9] - $100
[17] - $50
[1] - $500,000
[3] - $150,000

BANKER'S OFFER

$50,000

He went down by only a grand after the half-million went? Rest assured, that would never happen on Deal UK. But despite that, Kristine says REFUSÉE.

Round 3
Before opening any cases, Kristine is presented with another handout - a gold case that contains a one-year pass to see plays at Théâtre du Rideau Vert in Montreal.

[5] - $500
[23] - $200,000
[12] - $300,000
[8] - $5

BANKER'S OFFER

$47,000

These offers are pretty unrealistic. Either way, Kristine says REFUSÉE.

Round 4
[24] - $300
[4] - Surprise / $750 - The Surprise is a complete wardrobe, including accessories from Le Château ($8,000).
[14] - Vidéotron Mobile - That’s $10,000 in sponsored bonus cash for our contestant.

BANKER'S OFFER

$61,000

This might be my deal point, especially with the Vidéotron Mobile bonus secured. Kristine has other ideas, as she says REFUSÉE.

Round 5
[13] - $200
[25] - $400,000

Oops. The most that Kristine can potentially take home now is $175,000. The Banker responds accordingly.

BANKER'S OFFER

$47,000

Kristine says REFUSÉE.

Round 6
[16] - $125,000

The safety net is rapidly eroding. If Kristine plays on and takes out the $175,000, the most she can win is only five grand. She then receives this offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$39,000

Kristine decides to play her defeatist card and says ACCEPTÉE.

Was there more money in Kristine’s future? Let’s find out.

Proveout
Round 7
[15] - $400

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$47,000

Round 8
[11] - $5,000

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$64,000

Round 9
[6] - $175,000

No one likes a defeatist deal, but at least we know our contestant made a profit on her case. This is confirmed when Julie opens case 19 to reveal $1. Case 22 held $10.

Kristine returns to Ste-Cécile-de-Milton with a grand total of $66,750 in cash and and stuff. Not bad for picking numbers at random for 94 minutes.

Next week, we take a trip to the ballpark. Until then, good night, and good deals.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banqiuer 11/10/15

Warnings: 0
I actually would've dealt $39,000 as well. Given this Banker's offer patterns, I would've reasonably chased an AMO at both $61,000 and $47,000. I certainly wouldn't risk said above average offer on a one case game, though!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]