Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

KP

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Miljoenenjacht, Apr 25 2010 {SPOILER}
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I deliberately kept this report back, as I've been indulging in election fever. It's the last episode of this run.

A ridiculous number of wolf whistles for Linda. She wasn't even wearing revealing clothing. We have an over-enthusiastic audience in the room for this one.

OK, I said not to mention the 'koffergirls', but they're wearing different colour dresses for the first time ever to my knowledge.

Blue half win 180-169 in a very low-scoring opening round; each of them win... a bicycle. Yes, we are in the Netherlands alright. 5B/13 (Maria?) gets pick of the cases; the prize in one of them this time around is a selection of electronic shinies. She picks the blue case - it's €2,000 per lottery ticket for her and her neighbours in 3892 XM, in Amersfoort in the north-east of the country. According to Wikipedia it's a city of just under 150,000 that is most notable for being a major railway interchange - so for those of you in the UK, it's like Crewe, only probably nicer.

Anyway, a sensational finish to round 2, as block 10 led by some distance only for absolutely none of them to get the final question right! That let in block 7 to win. 10A/3 (Astrid) gets a shot at the cases as compensation, calls on her daughter to pick her case... it's red... and she's in the final six! She's delighted with that, and her daughter does a double thumbs-up signal.

Question 3 in round 3 relates to the controversial planned immigration law in Arizona. It was a tie before then, but 7B sneak it by two; 7A/4 (Garrett?) picks white, and he gets the shinies, as do the rest of 7A!

Christien (yes, that spelling), Dick, Ramon, Karen and Fred complete the semi-final lineup... the two survivors at the end are Christien and Ramon. Ramon is a 28-year-old male from a small village, Christien is much older and works in a supermarket. Time to start the money clock! It bumps up very quickly, but intermittently, early on... I reckon it'll be stopping at about €80k... we're still going... neither are interested at all!! Ramon is just grinning!! IT STOPS AT €108,000 AND NEITHER PRESSED THE BUTTON! That time, I really am shocked along with everyone else in the studio! That means a random audience member gets €108,000... 10A/14, Ronald! He's understandably rather excited!

Oh, I forgot... we haven't chosen our player. It's the maths question on the buzzer. 347 - 74 = ? Christien buzzes in, 273, and she's got it! I think she's more relieved than anything, as she was close to pressing the button... well, I think we might have a risk-taking game on our hands now!!

She has Case 8. Before we start, it's another €10k giveaway, warmly welcomed by the crowd, and it's Chantal Vet who wins it, looking more stunned than excited.

It's all about Christien though. She's been married for 24 years and has two kids, one of whom - Steven - is 22 and is here with her tonight. Are we going to end the series in style?

ROUND 1
18 (guess €5,000) - €500! Nearly. "Good beginning, Christien!"
26 (Ramon! guess €300,000) - €200,000! Huge groan. He's still grinning. In fact, he gets a big round of applause, the audience clearly wishing his bravery didn't cost him everything.
3 (guess €0.20) - €300,000. THERE it was!
6 (guess €25,000) - €100. Worth the long wait for him to open it!
11 (guess €75,000) - €0.01!
22 (guess €1,000,000) - €10! That's more like it.

We could be getting some generous offers early on considering she's already risked over 'a ton' to get here. After a bit of a joke...

OFFER €38,000

One of the highest opening offers ever. Possibly the fastest NO DEAL ever.

ROUND 2
1 (guess €25,000) - €750,000. Oof. Linda points to the "six zeroes", the three seven-figure cases. One of which only has five zeroes.
23 (guess €100,000) - €0.50! Much more like it, and it's applauded.
13 (guess €5,000,000!) - €20!
9 (guess €50,000) - €1,000.
16 (guess €25,000) - €0.20!

We're down to five on the left column already, with ten remaining on the right including the top three. This is fantastic!

Steven and Christien exchange banter over what the money would be spent on...

OFFER €115,000

Possibly the highest second offer ever, but not a big surprise it was above the money clock amount, nor that it's a quick NO DEAL.

This could be a massive game.

ROUND 3
20 (guess €75,000) - €10,000. That will do!
5 (missed the guess) - €2,500,000! Big reality check. Still four of the top six at halfway including the jackpot.
15 (guess €1,000,000) - €1,000,000!! CORRECT GUESS FOR €13,000! Linda just stands, claps her hands once, and doesn't know quite how to react.

Looking more guilty at her gains than Nick Clegg will when he does a deal with Cameron.

2 (guess? "Not €5m" says Linda: his response? €500,000, the next highest!) - €400,000!

Suddenly this board is terrifying. "Not the best round" says Linda with typical understatement.

Code:
            €25,000
€1          €50,000
€5          €75,000
€50        €100,000
€2,500     €500,000
€5,000   €5,000,000

Linda wonders whether the offer will go up...

OFFER €125,000

It does, just about. I might be gone here but I would not want to take this percentage of the mean one little bit, so I'd almost certainly play on. Steven's view? "Continue, naturally." Well yes, he's called Steven. ;) NO DEAL from Christien!

This is nerve-shredding stuff already. Who said the game only starts when there's eight on the board?!?

ROUND 4
24 (guess €75,000) - €5,000. We're back on the up!
7 (guess €2,500) - €75,000. It's not the big one...
Linda talks through the situation...
14 (guess €75,000, but that's just gone! Revised to €50,000, then we get a break...) - €50! Linda is awfully relieved!

Still in the game. We have the €500,000 backup too... Linda asks Christien what the offer might be... "Two (ton)? More than two?" I think it'll be doubled up to a quarter-million...

OFFER €266,000

And then some! I'm gone here. Christien is now thinking about it for the first time tonight. She confirms there's two to open. She says she thinks the €5m is in either her own case 8 or in 17. Steven urges her to play on! "There's only two to open, go on!" seems to be what he's saying. This could be spectacular for all the wrong reasons... Linda points out that €266,000 is a lot of money... Steven recommends picking case 21 next... again Linda points out the money... NO DEAL!

Linda is wringing her hands and moving her fingers very nervously indeed.

ROUND 5
21 (guess €2,500) - €5,000,000!!

No words required.

4 (guess €50,000) - €100,000.

Oh dear.

The Final Six
€1
€5
€2,500
€25,000
€50,000
€500,000

OFFER €49,000

Big groan. Could we be in for the first genuinely small win I've ever seen on this show? I fear we will. Christien looks utterly defeated already. Linda can't look. NO DEAL.

One at a time now.

ROUND 6
19 (guess €500,000) - €2,500. Oh thank goodness.

"The chance that you have €500,000 is now 20%."

OFFER €72,000

I'd possibly be gone. Steven wouldn't. Christien isn't. NO DEAL!

ROUND 7
25 (guess €500,000) - €1! Linda jumps up and down!

Well at least we've got something actually of value guaranteed at the end. Linda calls for a six-figure offer...

OFFER €115,000

Wish granted. I'm gone before you can ask me the question. Linda talks through the permutations, does not consult Steven, opens the case, hushes the crowd... long pause... NO DEAL! The camera was trained on Steven, that came out of nowhere!!

Linda genuinely cannot believe it.

A study of various DoND versions, this one included, found a loss-chasing effect...

ROUND 8
10 (guess €25,000) - €500,000!!

One of the biggest crashes you will ever see in any game show in the world, ever. The journey home with Steven could be... interesting...

OFFER €23,000

She's probably going to blindly chase this to the end. Steven... well, I don't know what he said. Linda predicts a €12k offer on €5/€25,000. A couple of loose voices calling "stop!", but NO DEAL it is.

"And now the €5."

ROUND 9
17 (guess €25,000) - €50,000! Linda, again, turns away in shock.

"Come on Bank," urges Linda; "this is the last (episode)!" She also doesn't want Winston, who has the job of giving away what the player wins, to be giving away €5!!

OFFER €12,000

You said it earlier, Linda... DEAL. No hesitation. The lowest win I have ever seen on this show. In total, she turned down five opportunities to leave with more than €100,000 (four offers and the money clock). Linda asks everyone to give "enormous applause". It's not enormous.

What's in her case? Linda hopes it's €5... the man with case 12 guesses he has €25,000, and is right (correct guess for €2,000)... Case 8 had €5 so it's a profit on the case. I don't know what else to say, other than to say that's the last episode of the series, with the next batch of shows likely to be in November.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:38 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Miljoenenjacht, Apr 25 2010 {SPOILER}

I find it somewhat humourous that someone wins the equivalent of almost £8,000, yet it feels like they've won absolutely nothing. What I find interesting is that the banker in this series seems to be more consistent with his offers; the banker on our version is much more erratic!

I have to say, I found it strange that she chased her losses against near-mean offers, only to do a complete U-turn and take the final (lowest) offer. Just as well she only had 5 euros in the case; had it been the higher amount, it would have been an OPL! Very, very strange play on her part. Bearing in mind tax, she lost out on the equivalent of over £160,000! Certainly an interesting conclusion to the batch of shows... Also:

Quote:
Looking more guilty at her gains than Nick Clegg will when he does a deal with Cameron.

I lol'd. :P On the other hand:

Quote:
Who said the game only starts when there's eight on the board?!?

Er... no one?

As for what I'd have done, really I'd have been completely overwhelmed by the scale of the money involved and taken the first offer in six figures!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Miljoenenjacht, Apr 25 2010 {SPOILER}

And of course for anyone who didn't catch on to the Steven references, both SrWilson and KB are Stevens :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]