Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1 post ] 

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Miljoenenjacht, Dec 28 2008 [SPOILER]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Imagine my pleasant surprise to find there was a December 28 episode! (I don't know if there was a January 1 episode, as has been a tradition, because RTL's iPlayer-type thing lost all the January 1 shows...)

Christmas decorations still in. Oh it's the last of the series if I understood Linda there. It's definitely the last of 2008.

Quiz classic moment - Joris, the Random Remote of Doom pick, hadn't entered his number in time!! He's given an answer of 500 to ensure his elimination, I think!! The final two ends up being Cindy (37, catering manager, mixed-race, three kids) and Peter (I have no idea what he was saying about himself but he looks about 40 too and mentions cars).

The face-off... fast increase through €30,000... and PETER STOPS at €39,750! A shocked CINDY is going to play Miljoenenjacht for €5,000,000! Apparently he wanted money for a new car - that's one moderate targetist not playing the game thanks to this bit. The money clock was set to stop at €60,000.

'Exciting!' Cindy cries. 'Very exciting!' Linda adds. Cindy is rather diminuitive. We're back to ladies in dresses for the modelling this week, first time in three, and they're decidedly orange and rather Roman-inspired this week (I think, on the latter...) - but which one is she going to get her case from? She chooses CASE 8.

In the audience is Portentia (I think that's the spelling). I think that's her mum. Deal alert? :D

Here we go with the last great game of the year!

ROUND 1
21 - €5,000,000! Cindy falls to her knees in shock.
1 - €0.20! CORRECT GUESS FOR €25,000!! Now that's the way to make up for it!
11 - €1,000,000! This is... eventful... Linda says the €2,500,000 must survive this round!
7 - €0.01! Linda points out the way she's swinging between extremes...
16 - €50!
22 - €500,000!

Dramatic opener... and a bad one.

OFFER €12,500

Oh dear. Cindy seems to be laughing it off right away, and it is a NO DEAL. I love how Linda asks the question in Dutch, and gets a reply in English, and a graphic in English.

ROUND 2
12 - €100!
3 - €25,000. Case-opener won €1,000 earlier.
26 - €400,000! Third highest left on the board.
2 - €5!
18 - €10!

She's still squeezing both ends off the board, but a bit less dramatic this time.

OFFER €36,000

I thought he'd only double, he nearly tripled it. 'That's a new car' says Linda, because of Peter no doubt... yup, she mentions him. At least one wag called out Deal, but NO DEAL is her correct decision.

ROUND 3
5 - €75,000. A few claps in there...
Someone guessed €75,000 even though it just went! Then guessed €7,500 before realising it wasn't on the board... guesses €750,000 (which replaced €7,500)... finally we open...
10 - you guessed it, €750,000!! CORRECT GUESS FOR €14,000 but Cindy has a one-case game with half the board gone.
6 - €20! That's more like it in terms of having a hole - five in a row gone down the left side.
13 - she guesses the big one and Linda calls a break! - €500! That's six in a row gone on the left!

A one-case game, but three more six-figure amounts on the board...

OFFER €75,000

Gets the crowd going. Linda uses the s-word... 'serious'. She says it's a 'fair offer'. I'd play on with a view to an eight-case Deal, Portentia apparently would stop... Cindy doesn't! NO DEAL! Portentia claps awkwardly and gets an air-kiss from Cindy. We're into serious business now.

ROUND 4
14 - It's Joris again!! He seems to have no idea what he's doing... €0.50!! The audience seemed to really sympathise with him there and went 'aww', because he guessed €10,000.
19 - €10,000! CORRECT GUESS FOR €10,000!!
20 - €2,500!! He guessed a thousand times that!

A great round... suddenly this is pretty good. Is this the eight-box Deal I'd want?

OFFER €150,000

'A doubler!', if that makes any sense in English. Portentia is now relatively insistent... CINDY KNOCKS OVER THE CASE!! But it doesn't open!! Is she going to sell that case? I'm not sure I would actually... no I don't think I would but if she does I won't complain... NO DEAL!!

Portentia slow-claps again. Linda looks almost as nervous as Cindy does but is excitable - I love her hosting.

ROUND 5
17 - €2,500,000!! Massive groans and Cindy looks horrified - maybe the decision was the wrong one for her. Portenia's face is a picture.
4 - €300,000!!

Linda is stunned and sympathises... there's still life-changing money out there but the crowd is shocked.

The Final Six
€1
€1,000
€5,000
€50,000
€100,000
€200,000

OFFER €25,000

A horrified reaction. A stunned Cindy quite rightly says NO DEAL to what is, quite simply, this Banker's worst ever offer at the business end of the game.

ROUND 6
24 - €1!!

A bit late, but now she is at least guaranteed €1,000. Linda points out the 40% chance of six figures in her case...

OFFER €45,000

'Better'. Linda spoke on my behalf. The car gets mentioned, did she want one? Below the median still, Linda mentions the buffer and mentions the 25% chance of having €100,000 if €200,000 goes... Cindy says NO DEAL.

This is about as nerve-wracking as any DoND game I've ever seen anywhere in the world.

ROUND 7
9 - €200,000!!

Who says you can't have regrets when you gamble?

OFFER €25,000

Which was predicted by Cindy and I think Linda. I'd play on, she leant towards pressing the button as soon as the case was opened but that was an accident and it's NO DEAL.

ROUND 8
23 - €5,000! CORRECT GUESS FOR €4,000!

After all that, it's now odds-on she has an Arguably Life-Changing case amount. I think I know where this offer is going..

OFFER €50,000

Oh I thought €45,000 was coming. I'd Deal in a heartbeat but research into this version has shown that loss-chasing contestants like Cindy will take much bigger risks. Linda mentions the car, also says 'all the way', and I can't discern any bias with my limited knowledge of the language which is basically working out which words sound either English or remind me of what German I still recall.

This is taking a long time, some of the crowd say Deal. I'm begging her to Deal. A few of the crowd, likewise. Portentia, of course, says Deal. I don't think I've ever seen an offer deliberated over for this long.

Case opened. DEAL!! THANK GOODNESS!

Well that took long enough. Proveout!

ROUND 9 (proveout)
15 - €100,000!! Correct decision.

The Final Two
€1,000
€50,000

Could be the first draw I've ever seen on Miljoenenjacht... case 25 thinks he's got the €50,000... nope, €1,000! Cindy sold a €50,000 case for €50,000!!!

Well that's doing it in style. The €150,000 offer gets mentioned by Linda (Noel wouldn't do that!) but Cindy looks relieved I think. And a home viewer gets another €50,000!

That, unless I'm much mistaken, is the last Miljoenenjacht until the spring. And what a brilliant run this has been. Linda plugs a €27.9m Postcodelotterij draw (not sure if that's the prize fund or just the jackpot, but either way it gets spread around an entire postcode anyway!) and that's your lot!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 1 post ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]