Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Most annoying thing about DOND at the moment?
"Blue, Blue, Blue" chanting 37%  37%  [ 12 ]
Noel's gambling attitude 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Superstition/"psychic" stuff 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Too much silliness and loud/crazy contestants 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Inflated early offers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Male/female contestants in "wrong" wing positions 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
No longer having a top prize that's never been won 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
It's not March 2006! 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Something else 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 32

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:20 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Most annoying thing about DOND at the moment?

Warnings: 0
Well everyone seems to be complaining it's not as good as it was a year ago/when it first started etc... so what's the SINGLE most important factor, the thing that's driving you crazy about the show right now?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

something else.

peoples long intros. for example

"Good luck Sarah, you've been an asset to the show, youve been a great friend, and i really hope its blue, you really deserve it"

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:28 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Can I vote for all of them, please?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Apart from the £250,000 being won, and the fact that it's not March 2006, they all annoy me.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

"Blue, Blue, Blue" chanting - It is very annoying but aint anything new and sometimes adds atmosphere to the game.

Noel's gambling attitude - Again its pretty annoying but I think he's diluting it out a bit more now.

Superstition/"psychic" stuff - It's never really annoyed me adds a bit more to the game apart from when it goes on and on.

Too much silliness and loud/crazy contestants - Thats what makes the show great.

Inflated early offers - Ive always thought that the ealier offers needed to be higher as offering a low offer is never going to get the player to walk.

Male/female contestants in "wrong" wing positions - Who cares? (Apart from Dan)

No longer having a top prize that's never been won - It doesnt really seem like its been won.

It's not March 2006! - That is very annoying as March 2006 was awsome and March 2007 or any other month is ever going to live up with to it.

Something else - The shows is getting a bit boring over the last few weeks, there arent any players that I really want to win big any more. I almost want them to tamper with it a bit or just get a 22 where everyone is legends.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I voted something else - I think most of the players are mad gamblers at the momnet, I mean today, Sarah's 3rd and 4th offers were both over 95% of the mean and I would have dealt both in an instant!

She got away with it, so did Chantelle, but many haven't, and ended up with next to nothing when they should have had a very handsome win indeed!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:42 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I voted "It's not March 2006!"...that's the main "problem" really. That was the show's peak and it's unlikely that it'll ever be that good again; it's not the fault of Noel, the players or anyone really, but nothing can last forever and it was always going to lose some of its appeal eventually. Pretty much everything has been done before now and any repeat performances are just going to suffer in comparison to the originals.

Although obviously having the wrong genders in the wrong positions is *beep* annoying as well... :evil: :evil: :evil:

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:30 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

22identicalboxes wrote:
Can I vote for all of them, please?

Yes I was annoyed it wasn't multiple choice.

So I had to go for the blue chanting. God that's irritating.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:32 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Noel's gambling attitude is really annoying me, because like Debbie said in Chantelle's game, the aim of the game is to do the right deal at the right time and not continue regardless.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The "Blue, Blue, Blue" chanting is very irritating, boring and pointless... makes me reach for the remote control to turn the sound right down every time it happens - there is music in the background for the box opening - why chant over it?

Noel's gambling attitude is ruining the ends of games - like the way he went on about Gus taking out the £100k not being good enough... it makes for really uncomfortable viewing to see people being made guilty for dealing too early. Noel should be NEUTRAL. However, he has been a bit better in the last few weeks.

The superstition / "psychic" stuff isn't always mentioned and so isn't much of a problem - and it's always been around since show 1, and whilst it is silly, it's not overdone usually.

Too much silliness and loud/crazy contestants - the silliness really increased to a stupid level from about November time - the peak of it was the walkout in Brian's game - as I have said many times, the silliness really irritates me as it detracts from the game - get on with it!!! I don't like loud contestants that much... the crazy ones can be fun in moderation... I'd say that one of the main problems at the moment is the silliness, although it has been better of late.

Inflated early offers - This isn't irritating compared to the other stuff - and I think this is actually quite interesting, as it shows how the banker's offers have changed since the early days of the show.

Male/female contestants in "wrong" wing positions doesn't bother me, so long as there aren't blocks of similar aged people / people of the same sex standing together.

No longer having a top prize that's never been won - like Tom said, it feels as though it hasn't been won... although Noel sometimes overdoes the Laura references, but not always.

It's not March 2006! - like Daniel said, that's a problem which is no-one's fault - the show was undoubtedly going to have a peak, and that was it.

My vote goes to the blue blue blue chanting.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:25 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
The "Blue, Blue, Blue" chanting is very irritating, boring and pointless... makes me reach for the remote control to turn the sound right down every time it happens - there is music in the background for the box opening - why chant over it?

Noel's gambling attitude is ruining the ends of games - like the way he went on about Gus taking out the £100k not being good enough... it makes for really uncomfortable viewing to see people being made guilty for dealing too early. Noel should be NEUTRAL. However, he has been a bit better in the last few weeks.

These are the most annoying imo, but I'd like to one other which is poor advice from the wings, here are some examples

"Don't deal because you have lots of blues to aim at" If there are lots of blues and one or two reds left then having lots of blues is no reason to no deal, it just means you have a great chance of winning peanuts if you courageously go on to the end.

"I would no deal but just be cautious" How can you no deal and be cautious? You can't have it both ways! :D

"I would no deal but I think you should deal" How patronizing is that! It's basically saying, "I'm braver than you!" :? :-D

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Noel's gambling. Absolutely for sure. I don't know if he's moderated it, I gave up on the show because of it. (And I've seen plenty of evidence that he hasn't moderated it...)

I'd add 'reckless contestants', but it's their decision to be Noel's doormats. In recent weeks, every blue win has delighted me...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:36 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
"I would no deal but I think you should deal" How patronizing is that! It's basically saying, "I'm braver than you!" :? :-D

No it's not! Everyone has different circumstances and I think advice that is geared towards the actual player making the decision, rather than the person giving it, is the best of all.

And I still say the contestants should be able to gamble as much or as little as they want...I don't see any difference between people moaning about their gambling and the tedious comments that we used to hear from wakey every time someone took a cautious Deal.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:27 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
At least four of those irritate me greatly, but the poll only lets me choose one! :smt013

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

JO!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

The Blue Chant I used to love it now I cant stand it :x

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I very much see Daniel's point. It annoys me when there's no variety, or when the contestants are clearly acting in a manner they wouldn't have done at any other time (i.e. where Noel has clearly got his wish). The gambling per se isn't the problem, it's the predictability - and thankfully, that predictability isn't as dramatic as it used to be.

Inflated early offers? Try inflated mid-game offers. That is the real problem right now.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:04 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Blue Blue chanting...

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:11 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Everything on that list bar it isn't March 2006, which I think is a stupid reason for not liking it now.

Unix eight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:17 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

Alot of things have become annoying recently; the blue chants, Noel consistant rant about 'bravery' when recent stats clearly show that dealing has become very popular in players, but most of all, and this may sound silly, Rich's constant hand rubbing! :x I mean, will it ever stop? :x I'm surprised his hands haven't crumbled away, and its just the way he seems to do it just to come accross as confident to the Banker-you can read him like an 'abc' book.

little_monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

I voted Blue Blue Blue, it's starting to get ridiculous. In one game recently they were doing it in the first round weren't they? I wish it was like it was back in May, when they did it for one box every week or so, like in Simone's game they made a huge deal out of it for just one box, and it really worked. But now, they do it for practically every box and it's just very irritating.

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]