Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:21 am Last visit was: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:21 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ?

Warnings: 0
My nan sent hers off a few weeks ago, she's so excited and asks me every time she sees me if theres been a reply, I have to explain to her that SHE will be the one who gets the phone call. She jumps up and bursts with excitement every time the phone rings and wont stay on the phone to anyone for long in case they are trying to contact her. I just wanted to ask if the producers email a potential contestant first or do they call? And how long do you think she'll have to wait? She's going to become unbearable isn't she :) :roll:

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:47 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications open
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

UPDATE: 15th December 2010

Contestant applications are being accepted again!

Applications close at midnight on 4th January 2011

Visit the DoND official site now to apply - CLICK HERE to visit application site...

PLEASE NOTE: We have no official connection with the Deal or No Deal applications and are unable to help with any problems or queries relating to your application or the submitting of application forms for the show.

Profile E-mail  

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open

I've sent a request off, i sent my application away in Feb and heard nothing back so going to try it again.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open

This is the third time I'm sending off mine...here's hoping third time lucky

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open

I really want to do this, but if I were to be lucky enough I don't think my Uni would give me the time off. Not that it would be the greatest idea ever because things are hectic and unorganised enough as it is without me going missing for approximately 2 weeks.

Hmmmmmmm. :ponder:

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open
Administrator & Global Moderator

Just apply! You never know. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 am    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open

I just sent in my application with one day to spare. :D

Now is it two years I have to wait before I hear any thing :smt009

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: How to be a contestant ? UPDATE: Applications Now Open
Administrator & Global Moderator

UPDATE: 28 May 2013

Contestant applications are currently OPEN.

Visit https://contestantform.dealornodeal.co.uk/ for more information.

PLEASE NOTE: We have no official connection with the Deal or No Deal applications and are unable to help with any problems or queries relating to your application or the submitting of application forms for the show.

After you have applied, the best thing to do is to try and forget about it! You are most likely to be contacted by telephone, and you could be invited to an audition. You may have to wait days, weeks, months or even years before you hear anything from Endemol, so don't give up hope if you don't hear back soon after applying!

And, of course, GOOD LUCK!

Profile E-mail  

selv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:53 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

h2005,can you tell me if there have been any regular forum members on here(apart from yourself)that have eventually got to sit in the crazy chair? or even got a silver ticket? As far as we know on the official forum there havn't been any,only the ones when they have got the silver ticket only or have already played the game.We are all starting to think it is the curse of the forum :smt009 :smt009 what do you or anyone else think Dave?....selv ;)

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

Don't think there has been as far as I'm aware of.

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

There are a few that have been contacted and gone to the auditions, and also people who have had family members on the show but apart from H, I don't think anyone else on here has been an actual contestant! :eyes:

selv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

Over the last few weeks there have been quite a lot of rejection e-mails sent to members on the official forum,have there been any on here that have recieved them? :? :? ;)

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:23 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

My dad applied but he hasn't had a rejection email...

selv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

Joel, you only get a rejection e-mail if you have had an audition and received a silver ticket ,did your dad have an audition?

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:51 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

Oh right I see, no he hasn't yet, he only applied when the applications opened a few weeks ago.

Bevv

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm    Author: Bevv    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a silver ticket?

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

If at the auditions you are successful to go through to the next stage then you will get a silver ticket... then a matter of waiting to see if you get to be a constant or not...in which case you will get a gold ticket

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT - applications currently OPEN

I'd love to see the application questions! Judging by what they publish on the open website they are going to build up a pretty detailed psychological profile of any applicant, and they've had years to hone the process.. Just look at the 2nd question on this page.
http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk/backstage/bankrespect/

Profile E-mail  
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]