Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:31 am    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: The 14 Box Deal

Warnings: 0
It's Been Discussed A Little Throughout The Deal Community And The Show Of Course When It Was On, But I Don't Know Who It Was And When, So If You Know Who Was The One Who Dealt At 14 Box, Please Respond,

Thank You :D

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

JDGA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:20 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

Josh from October 2012 (commentary link here)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:45 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

Great memory that, the commentary duty for that game. I just wish it had occurred before Mark's redemption arc. It would have been blistering.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:07 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

You don’t need to capitalize every word in your sentences, Ronan. Just saying.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:00 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
You don’t need to capitalize every word in your sentences, Ronan. Just saying.

The good old autocorrect days... :lol:

Matthew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:35 pm    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
Ah yes that was Josh from October 2012. Kinda didn’t surprise me that he dealt that early, certainly he looked almost like he was gonna go at the first offer! And then when he said deal, all hell broke loose on the forum…… :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal
Global Moderator

It's worth remembering that we had come close to seeing a second offer deal numerous times in the months running up to Josh's game; Gary who played the day after Nong actually said 'DEAL' to his second offer before Noel could ask the question properly, before reversing his decision when he did (John the regular pilgrim who posted on here at a time said that Noel's reminding him than no-one had dealt the second offer before had quite clearly influenced his change of mind). Antonia and Ben are other players from that period I can think of who nearly dealt at 14-box, but there may have been others.

Another near miss worth noting is Laura who played roughly a year after Josh; her game was a bit like Matty's in that she reluctantly turned down a reasonable second offer, felt forced to decline a stick at the third after a middling round and then crashed. (That was also the game that caused ACB to get tempo-banned and James1978 to 'leave' the forum...)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:50 am    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

hogwild94 wrote:
It's worth remembering that we had come close to seeing a second offer deal numerous times in the months running up to Josh's game; Gary who played the day after Nong actually said 'DEAL' to his second offer before Noel could ask the question properly, before reversing his decision when he did (John the regular pilgrim who posted on here at a time said that Noel's reminding him than no-one had dealt the second offer before had quite clearly influenced his change of mind). Antonia and Ben are other players from that period I can think of who nearly dealt at 14-box, but there may have been others.

Another near miss worth noting is Laura who played roughly a year after Josh; her game was a bit like Matty's in that she reluctantly turned down a reasonable second offer, felt forced to decline a stick at the third after a middling round and then crashed. (That was also the game that caused ACB to get tempo-banned and James1978 to 'leave' the forum...)

Good to see you still around Hogwild! How you doing?

I can even remember an almost 17 Box Deal shortly after Laura :ponder:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:13 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

Wasn't there a game in early 2008 where a young Asian man was playing, and he got to about £14k at the second offer and then his game slowly fell apart and he went away with a low blue, and at the end, Noel tried to guilt trip him for not taking the second offer, but then the guy turned it back around on Noel by telling him he wanted to win more to help his friends and family in his home country or something like that?....

Seemed a bit out of character for Noel :?

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:33 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: The 14 Box Deal

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Wasn't there a game in early 2008 where a young Asian man was playing, and he got to about £14k at the second offer and then his game slowly fell apart and he went away with a low blue, and at the end, Noel tried to guilt trip him for not taking the second offer, but then the guy turned it back around on Noel by telling him he wanted to win more to help his friends and family in his home country or something like that?....

Seemed a bit out of character for Noel :?

Yep, Bash from April 2008. Got himself to a £1/£5k ending where he declined £1.3k and went home with £1. :(

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]