Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Saddest Swaps

Warnings: 0
Who knows some of the saddest swaps, in my opinion, the saddest being orry in 2007. But he had a 1k box as it was Christmas, Emma's game in May 2012, the banker was probably crueler than ever. And Angel On 13 January 2014. Her reason for swapping was quite odd though

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:27 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

Swappy Barbara from October 2006 and Esher from October 2012 are probably in my top 5 as well. :( :cry:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

I honestly think Barbara's swap was FAR worse than Orry's swap. Orry was extremely sentimental and emotionally attached to his late brother's birthday box, so we all kind of saw it coming. Barbara's decision to swap on the other hand was just a complete spur of the moment thing and her reaction at the reveal was so sad as she was so overcome with shock at the consequences of her decision that she could hardly speak fluently and you could tell she was holding back tears at the end

Jim who played the day before notorious Donna was another one from that era. He'd gone to the end with a £250/£20k finish and he swapped it on the basis that £20k had been on the table for the last 2 games, but sadly, it would've been 3 if he kept his box. I heard Jim took his loss quite badly and completely broke down in tears after the game :(

Esher was made worse by the fact that she'd had one of the strongest 5-box boards of all time (£1k/£35k/£75k/£100k/£250k and a sub-par offer of £60k) and at the time, we were practically starved of big wins. It'd been 2 months since someone had a power-5 level win and Esher could've broken that drought by either keeping her box or dealing at 5-box, and sadly, the power-5 win drought would continue for another 2 months after that :smt009

PJ and Matty's 17-box swaps also come to mind as they both swapped a life-changing amount for 1p and won it. But both games were also controversial with the banker's shock tactics in PJ's game and Matty going from being cocky at the beginning of his game to looking like he was on death row after the game crashed and he realised the error of his swap

£5k Matt just before Barbara is also up there as Matt took it quite badly when he swapped a £50k box for £5k, and it also felt like a real letdown after Matt had the strongest start in the history of the show

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

Barbara's swap was not only a snap decision, but it was grounded in baseless logic - ''I've just blue... and blue...''. Well, neither of what was left was actually blue, Babs.

Ahh, one I've just remembered. Lad called Jim in Dec 2006 swapped because he was left with £20,000 and a blue and he couldn't believe that the £20k would be on the table three games running. Well, 'twas. He was dumbfounded.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:45 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

Reviving this thread, had totally forgot about it.

I can remember Anji from 10/10/10, who had 4 blues/£20k at 5-box, went on to leave 1p and £20k to the end, Banker only offered a swap, and the 1p came to the table. :(

Sonia from June 2010 had a nasty start to the game, it started to improve to the point where there was 10p, £35k and £100k at 3-box, £100k went, then she ended up swapping £35k for 10p. :(

Not necessarily a really bad one but I remember Dot from Summer 2009 who had £1/£1k/£35k/£50k/£75k at 5-box, Banker looked in the box, she lost the top 3, then the Banker lied to get her to swap away the £1k for a £1.

Any others that haven't yet been mentioned, please do, would be interested to hear.

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:54 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

I'm gonna go with Matty. I remember that game and the atmosphere was tense after the game, you could hear a pindrop, it was that bad after the ending. Some people say he was arrogant.

SBOW12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:34 am    Author: SBOW12    Post subject: Re: Saddest Swaps

higginson_ronan wrote:
Reviving this thread, had totally forgot about it.

I can remember Anji from 10/10/10, who had 4 blues/£20k at 5-box, went on to leave 1p and £20k to the end, Banker only offered a swap, and the 1p came to the table. :(

Sonia from June 2010 had a nasty start to the game, it started to improve to the point where there was 10p, £35k and £100k at 3-box, £100k went, then she ended up swapping £35k for 10p. :(

Not necessarily a really bad one but I remember Dot from Summer 2009 who had £1/£1k/£35k/£50k/£75k at 5-box, Banker looked in the box, she lost the top 3, then the Banker lied to get her to swap away the £1k for a £1.

Any others that haven't yet been mentioned, please do, would be interested to hear.

I saw Anji's via YouTube that was painful she admitted that it just came in her mind to take the swap and Esher's swap The Banker nailed it at the end with his comment about the self belief Esher had over 11 years of Deal had seen people win a lot of money but it had also seen people lose a lot of money and the latter happened to Esher

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]