Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:52 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Warnings: 0
I would say the March 2007 lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWoB7p6RnY Look at that. Every box. BLUE BLUE BLUE. Annoying.

Who would you say?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

At the time, I thought the September 2012 lot were VERY annoying, as they ALWAYS gave cautious advice from the 3rd offer onwards regardless of how terrible the offer was (i.e. EVERYONE on the wings encouraged Nick to think seriously about his £2,000 8 box offer on a 6 blues/£35k/£100k board :roll: ). In fact, I remember that Robbie and Gavin were the most vocal of the lot, and every day I was praying for them to be called to play and either win a low blue or make one of the worst Deals in the history of the show. :twisted:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
At the time, I thought the September 2012 lot were VERY annoying, as they ALWAYS gave cautious advice from the 3rd offer onwards regardless of how terrible the offer was (i.e. EVERYONE on the wings encouraged Nick to think seriously about his £2,000 8 box offer on a 6 blues/£35k/£100k board :roll: ). In fact, I remember that Robbie and Gavin were the most vocal of the lot, and every day I was praying for them to be called to play and either win a low blue or make one of the worst Deals in the history of the show. :twisted:

I bet the got OPW's didn't they?

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Both those players undersold their power 5 boxes but the deals they made were statistically quite good. Certainly a lot better than some of the other deals made around that time.

Challenge TV have been showing games from July 2008 recently, which is regarded as quite a low period for the show, where a string of statistically poor deals were followed by a period of bad luck games where the offers hardly ever got into five figures. I watched a few recently and there were a lot of solemn faces and players not saying a lot on the wings. Perhaps the first two seasons had made standing in front of a big crowd and winning life-changing money look easy - it certainly made a lot of season 3's players look shellshocked in comparison.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:15 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Yeah and after that comes the horrible Season 4. :evil:

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:47 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Season 4 got off to a bad start but things weren't so bad after October. That was the season our own H2005 was on the show!

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:48 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Do you remember S5 when KB used to moan every single show?

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:54 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Davao wrote:
Do you remember S5 when KB used to moan every single show?

All too well Davao, all too well. :roll:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

My most annoying line-ups were possibly the February-April bunch in 2007. Could they do bloody ANYTHING besides "Blue! Blue! Blue! Blue!"? :evil: I'm so glad the producers realized this and slowly phazed out the blue chants, allowing for some great characters to shine on the wings :D

There were also times during 2008 where the contestants just seemed so downcast and pessimistic and taken to heart all the unlucky games, I think Colleen's game in July was the worst example of this!

December 2007 line-up. I think due to the editing and the amount of pre-game sob-stories and crying being shown at nauseum. In terms of characters, it was pretty much the 'Orry, Clive and 20 "Good luck, i hope this is blue" robots' show, and even then, Orry was a marmite character, and Clive didn't truly shine until his game! Plus there were times when i think they were trying to manufacture characters on the wings like Jonny the tramp and Ashleigh when she yawned in one of the games on the win

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:42 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

What about lineup during the stupid battle of the sexes challenge? I'm sorry but having 22 women and zero men on the wings was just stupid! :roll:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
What about lineup during the stupid battle of the sexes challenge? I'm sorry but having 22 women and zero men on the wings was just stupid! :roll:

No, it wasn't. Eye candy FTW 8).

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:27 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

No, it wasn't. Eye candy FTW 8).

Thinking about it, the only big characters to come out of the all-female lineup were Jean the Grinning reaper, Siobhan, Brenda and Planet Joan, possibly Caroline as well, since the 'mummies' of the group were a trend at the time

On the other hand, Ioanna, Andrea, Danielle, Alicia, Zahida, Siobhan and Caroline weren't too shabby at least! ;-)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:03 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most Annoying Bunch Of Contestants?

American Coupon Boy wrote:

Weren't the lineups during the latter half of 2013 just as bad, if not worse though?, hence the extreme caution that plagued that era. With literally half the wings or more giving cautious advice from quite early on in the games, and by 8-box, they were almost lecturing the players in the chair into dealing by really playing up the worst scenario, the player's sentimental reasons for wanting the money and how "generous" the offers were (when they were like 20% of the average if that! :roll:)

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]