Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

JonRiley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm    Author: JonRiley    Post subject: Suggestions needed for ITV archive please! Systems

Warnings: 0
Hello DonD!

Paul the admin said it was ok to post here. I’m a producer at Talkback making an archive show for ITV called ‘How To Win A Gameshow’ that’s looking at the best (and worst) contestants of gameshows over the last 20 or so years. People who played the game well, and those that didn’t. It’s a clip show but it’ll have a bit of take out for the viewer.

I’ve just been speaking to the banker who’ll be making an anonymous appearance. I’ll be using Laura who won the first jackpot, but I’m also trying to track down eps where people had ridiculous or funny systems. The man who used numbers written on cheese that were eaten by his dog has been mentioned.

Can the eminent DoNDers think of any suggestions for their fav systems people have used? The more ridiculous the better. Series and ep numbers needed.

Please post here or drop me a line at jon.riley@talkback.co.uk

Thanks in advance!

Jon

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Suggestions needed for ITV archive please! Systems

New user who isn't a spambot!!!

How much room is there in the retrospective?? I'm guessing only the OG series/era/peak (2006, Laur'a game a very neat cut-off into the early yawns of 2007), cos I can give you some suggestions from memory. If you have access to the actual tapes from the C4 shelves, I'll provide airdates for ease of research.

Max, 30th December 2005 - used chaos theory and mapped out an incredibly elaborate diagram of where certain amounts should be located where, based on 'historical' proceedings. Probably the most batsh*t system in the show's history.

Dave, 5th Jan 2006 - picked the boxes in ascending numerical order, only missing out Box 9 - it ended up being *the* difference between his eventual £20,000 winnings or crashing to 10p.

Geordie, 1st Feb 2006 - swept along the wings, left to right, without skipping a box. Had an iconically bad game and won a unique £20.

Fin, 20th February 2006 - used his spiritual intuition to make his selections, involved closing his eyes and absorbing the energy of positivity before making his dramatic selection. Didn't fare too badly.

Sally, 14th July 2006 - each number was tied into her sailing/boat racing life, often with a story involving crashed boats. Kinda poetic cos she crashed to 1p, first female winner.

Be sure to get back in touch with anything else you might be after, cheers!

JonRiley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:04 am    Author: JonRiley    Post subject: Re: Suggestions needed for ITV archive please! Systems

Hi there!

I'm not a Spambot. A real life person. Many thanks Psycho killer.

Air dates is great. I'll be using Laura as an example for the Banker to talk about, so these are great suggestions as a contrast. I shall dig them out and let you know. It'll only be a short segment rather than a whole show about Deal, but it'll be in good company.

Best
Jon

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]