Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:52 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

Warnings: 0
Back in late 2012/Early 2013, i started up my own fan series in the 'forum members' series' section, but I pretty much just stopped after 9 games due to having lots of personal commitments around that time and it was getting kind of tedious trying to make the 'commentaries' sound interesting and not bland and repetitive (trying to make it sound interesting, like George's series and banned member Redrum666's series)

I've been considering bringing it back in recent months, partly to take off where the real show finishes but i also want to have my original take on it (maybe get a different host to Noel on it). But i'm kind of unsure if i want to try it again and put it on here as i'm not sure if the forum will still be active after DoND ends (which looks to be around this end of this year or January 2017 at the absolute latest)

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:59 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

I will be interested to read it.

I think it will stay active.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

I definitely think you should do the series as well, at least for 27 games as the last recorded game was 2,974 (so that we'll at least get to over 3,000 games in famn fiction ;) ).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:20 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

I'm just not sure if i should keep Noel in it as he's getting on and has probably had his day on DoND. Any suggestions?

(Maybe i could have a cartoon character host my version. If Skyline is on board maybe he could help me with that ;) )

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

If you're looking for a human to host, I strongly suggest you go with Jimmy Carr. I'd love to hear what questionable jokes he has about the Offer Buttton. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:36 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series
Forum Games Moderator

Me ;)

Joking aside, I remember that series. I think I read through a few games and left a comment or two, something along the lines of 'could have a bit of refinement here and there but otherwise looks great'.
If that's true, I agree with it...I'd love to see what you can do. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series
International Forums Moderator

I was actually discussing with Aaron and some others about the prospect of us doing some sort of collaborative series that continues on from the real show. Now, because we don't know if the final episodes will ever air, im not quite sure if that makes more sense or if we should assume a reboot, but either way, I like the idea of several of us producing our own "episodes" and running with that.

We'd have people submitting "contestant applications" and we'd put them on the wings and play as them. (Redrum did that for his short-lived season 2, I remember an IIRC unposted game where one of my creations had a £10-high 5-box...)

We would probably record the shows in a regular weekly slot, via Google Hangout video chat, and we could then "broadcast" them that way and have someone commentate live on the forum. (Several of us, including myself, have the DoND board game, so we can use actual physical boxes. We'll use a human Banker, though. ;) )

The DoND spirit here is worth keeping alive. This feels like a way to do so.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

Sounds like great fun. I'd love to be a part of it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

Me too. :D

Too bad I probably won't b the only statsman on the wings and thus DanJudge level generosity will be unlikely. ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:11 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series
Forum Games Moderator

I'm in.

I wouldn't have a choice, after all. The rest of us who left years ago would've bitten my hand off if they'd known an idea like this was coming about. One feels an obligation to bear the standard, now and then. Standard of the forgotten generation...

I know Woko's still about, I know psichonico was here lately, but all those names I could go on all night writing down...whatever we do here, it'll be for you.

Whatever we can come up with, this is for every moment we spent refreshing, scrolling, refreshing again, getting frustrated when the great winged one still hadn't posted round three yet, all the debate, the discussions that could last forever, this is for the banter, the smiles, laughter, the tears, and again I could go on but it's 3am and I'm already tired (why?!).

Anyhow. End result of that thought process: yeah, go on, let's give it a whirl.

Just let the place rot and play Race to a Billion when the show ends? No Deal! I mean, come on. The grass isn't always greeny on the other side...

:suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:40 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

I've done my first episode and i'm about to post it in up in the Forum's fantasy series where i did alongside RR6 :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Considering bringing back my DoND fan series

And now I'm 115 shows into my fan series with Jimmy Carr! As a twist, one of the players currently on the wings is a certain female villain in a black catsuit with a red snake logo! :smt023

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]