Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:06 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
taff wrote:
Anybody know when the last dond is likely to be shown?

Mid to late June, depending on how many breaks the show takes for horseracing. :roll:

Probably around the same time as when they quitely went off to a 2 month break in July last year. The last DoND will probably be the same situation, the series will quietly end without any fanfare or even any hard mention of it being the last show ever, and the final week might only have 2 or 3 shows due to horse-racing with the final episode airing mid-week or something

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

I also think that part of the reason DoND is finishing soon is because Noel is starting to get on now. He's what 70 now? It's funny since Noel has pretty much been an immortal 60 year old throughout the last 10+ years, and in fact he's hardly aged at all since the mid 90s!! :shock:

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:37 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I also think that part of the reason DoND is finishing soon is because Noel is starting to get on now. He's what 70 now? It's funny since Noel has pretty much been an immortal 60 year old throughout the last 10+ years, and in fact he's hardly aged at all since the mid 90s!! :shock:

Be kind, he's 67 not out! However, he must be bricking it after this shocking month for celebrity carkings. The scythe of 2016 is ploughing through the corn fields of cultural icons.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

psychokiller wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

Be kind, he's 67 not out! However, he must be bricking it after this shocking month for celebrity carkings. The scythe of 2016 is ploughing through the corn fields of cultural icons.

I thought he celebrated his 60th in 2005 (i remember it was £50k Lee's game and the lovely Jenna from the East Wing brought out his cake :D ) , but i just remembered in Billy's game in December 2008 and i know it was mentioned then.

My mistake :oops:

Noel may be a spring chicken, but i'm starting to lose my marbles at the ripe old age of 25! :lol:

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:32 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

More tweets from Noel

@NoelEdmonds bit confused by all the tweets, have C4 axed #DOND? It's essential viewing in our house, we record it everday

Noel Ernest Edmonds ‏@NoelEdmonds

The Sun asked me the same question We've contestants & applicants left in limbo. It's a shocking way to treat people

Name not included so as not to spoil things for future episodes

Its SMILER! I had 23 games was asked to back to film Dond just been left hanging Noel can you help lets make this happen !!! x

Noel Ernest Edmonds ‏@NoelEdmonds

You're one of many left hanging. Believe me I wish I could give you some info but not in my hands now @dealornodeal

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:35 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Grubby. Horribly, horribly grubby.

So either a ''take £10k and shut up'' or it's going to get pig ranch MESSY. That said, I reckon Noel is a little more in the know than he's letting on. Not for nothing did he sell up his localised mansion.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

I see that Noel was on This Morning earlier on. Anyone watch it? What was mentioned about the show? Anything about any upcoming games?

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Mark wrote:
I see that Noel was on This Morning earlier on. Anyone watch it? What was mentioned about the show? Anything about any upcoming games?

Watched it just now online and he was there solely to talk about the problem he is having with an online stalker.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Mark wrote:
Anything about any upcoming games?

Sock in it.

Yes, it seems someone is terrorising Tidybeard and I'm WONDERING if it's incessant questions about the details of upcoming games?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Don't know what part of the question Noel was answering here from someone (and this is not me asking btw)

@NoelEdmonds I have feeling you may not be able to answer my question but I will ask anyway....Has Deal finished/ended

Noel Ernest Edmonds @NoelEdmonds

Correct

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

And from the Mirror Twitter link

Mirror TV Verified account
‏@MirrorTV

Alan Carr and Noel Edmonds team up for Saturday nights to take on Ant and Dec http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/alan ... am-7634344 ….

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

I think from about next month-onwards, the show will be in the pipeline to air its last ever show. I'll be honest, I used to love UK DoND so much, but it's just become too boring and gimmicky over the years. Especially in the last 3 or 4 years when players became ultra-cautious and it's just made it boring and predictable, that combined with the fact that the show has taken so many breaks over the last year or so is partly why my interest is dwindling and i'm kind of at the stage now where i just want it over with and want the final episode to go to air as soon as possible :smt009

Still, i congratulate DoND on it's almost-11 year run. DoND was simply just a show that peaked in the first season when it was fun, fresh and unpredictable but slowly became boring, predictable and borderline formulaic over time

I suppose DoND is like a loaf of bread that was opened in 2005 and left out ever since. Fresh, pleasent and enjoyable at the start, now just a stale, musty, unpleasent shell of it's former glory with virtually no use for it anymore and the only thing left to do is just throw it the bin....

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:32 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

In today's television market, a decade is a phenomenal run for any kind of program, let alone a game show. That Deal lasted this long is truly a great accomplishment.

Pretty sure y'all can leave Beardman alone now. The show's likely going to end sometime in the summer, and I doubt there will be any kind of formal send-off. Maybe some best-of episodes will air in its timeslot - a common practice on North American networks after certain shows finish airing their first-run episodes - but other than that, I think you can kiss this show goodbye.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

I think the last show needs to be something special. I hope it does go out on a bang.

Feel sorry for some of the players who don't even get their game!

Hasn't Noel signed something with Alan Carr?

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......
Forum Games Moderator

I don't know...something like, 'well, that's all for now, but join us next time...' appeals to me. No send-off, just an abrupt halt in transmission, and no further entries in the book - but no explanation, no footnote, no blurb.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

daniel123 wrote:
I don't know...something like, 'well, that's all for now, but join us next time...' appeals to me. No send-off, just an abrupt halt in transmission, and no further entries in the book - but no explanation, no footnote, no blurb.

I agree. I know i keep repeating myself, but i am anticipating a quite, unceremonious, perhaps even abrupt send-off when the final episode airs. No special theme, no highlights, just a normal show with Noel closing it with "see you next time" like it's just any other day, similar to how our Austrlain DoND ended after 10 years on air - It came to a quiet, abrupt and unceremonius end in October 2013, with repeats of classic games from 2010-2013 filling the slot and people not really noticing until early 2014

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......
Forum Games Moderator

Exactly - like walking through a ruined abbey or castle, and finding graffiti from an age ago. By the time anyone cottons on, Noel and co will long since have left, leaving only the scribbling on the wall that reads:

'we were here

2016'

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Unconfirmed ATM, but looks like Deal is finishing next week for another season and Fifteen to One will be on after the Grand National festival in Deal's place

Then Deal will be returning/may return at some point in the future for the final season with the remaining games that are left in the can

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:44 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

richie4eva1 wrote:
Unconfirmed ATM, but looks like Deal is finishing next week for another season and Fifteen to One will be on after the Grand National festival in Deal's place

Then Deal will be returning/may return at some point in the future for the final season with the remaining games that are left in the can

No obligation to air the shows that are left. Oh dear, it may well be a very soon finish then!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

richie4eva1 wrote:

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/d4qr4 ... -episode-1

30 episodes of 15-1 (assuming they are only one weekdays) would take that up to at least May 20th (possibly later if there are any racing breaks).

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]