Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Warnings: 0
I find it strange that both in the UK and North America, horse racing is broadcast on major networks. I think it would make more sense to broadcast them on sports channels instead. Just my opinion.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:27 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

I know (what would usually be) Trick or Treat week is still three weeks away, but i already have a feeling there will be no Trick or Treat specials this year, and it'll be another short week of normal shows because of Channel 4 wanting to shove more horse-racing crap in our faces.

If there are no Halloween shows this year, that'll be almost cold confirmation that themed weeks are gone for good

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

They might be saving a set of Double Trouble specials for Halloween. I've already been informed via PM that there is going to be a set of stand alone Christmas specials this year.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I know (what would usually be) Trick or Treat week is still three weeks away, but i already have a feeling there will be no Trick or Treat specials this year, and it'll be another short week of normal shows because of Channel 4 wanting to shove more horse-racing crap in our faces.

If there are no Halloween shows this year, that'll be almost cold confirmation that themed weeks are gone for good

They weren't going to have conventional themed weeks this year anyway - the idea was that the 'double trouble' weeks would replace these, as we saw in February when the 'couples' specials were shown in the traditional 'love week' slot. I get the impression the 'grandparent' specials were originally to have been shown during what would have been the banker's birthday week.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

From a week on Monday (November 2nd), Deal moves from 1.10pm to 2.10pm.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:36 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

That's a better (ish) time...

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

No new show tomorrow - instead a repeat of Noel's game 6 weeks ago (quite apt as it's a day short of DOND's birthday)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:30 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

The Melbourne cup horse-racing event is coming up on Tuesday in my neck of the woods, but i would LAUGH if they pull UK DoND off to show an AUSTRALIAN horse-racing event! :laughing

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Simon F wrote:
No new show tomorrow - instead a repeat of Noel's game 6 weeks ago (quite apt as it's a day short of DOND's birthday)

I guess it's a LAW that they can't do more than 2 full weeks anymore :roll:

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

JamesJMH91 wrote:
The Melbourne cup horse-racing event is coming up on Tuesday in my neck of the woods, but i would LAUGH if they pull UK DoND off to show an AUSTRALIAN horse-racing event! :laughing

Given the Melbourne cup is mid-afternoon in Australia, I hope that DOND hasn't moved to a 4am timeslot :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

No horse-racing breaks last week or this week, so hazard a guess there will almost certainly be one next week. Since the show is seemingly not allowed to go for more than 2 weeks without a break anymore :roll: :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

I assume next week is going to be another short week because of horse-racing as well:

1. Going by last year's patterns, they had 2 weeks in a row during March where they took breaks because of horse-racing

2. Friday next week is Good Friday, and they had a horse-racing break at Easter last year as well (And we know they no longer do themed weeks or shows at Christmas or Easter, and on the weeks that they used to have themed shows, they now either do the double-trouble specials, or take the week off for the horse-racing)

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]