Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:48 am Last visit was: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:48 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:33 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Worst games ever

Warnings: 0
Worst games in my opinion are nikki and mark
But what do you think the worst game you seen?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

kall4i59 wrote:

I'll get back to you on games, but your grammar is some of the worst I've ever seen on this site. Just terrible.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Definately Mark D's game, it was simply over before it began really :smt009

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
kall4i59 wrote:

I'll get back to you on games, but your grammar is some of the worst I've ever seen on this site. Just terrible.

No, that grammar ok wiv me m8.

I like people spell like that. It really clever ;)

Ahem. Sorry Kall4i59 by the way, for mercilessly poking fun at you. No harm intended.

Worst games...if you’re on about how they made me feel afterwards, 1p Trevor from March 2006. Yeah, I mentioned him in the “best games” thread, but that was due to the nature of his game, the more technical side of things.

I mean, the man wanted to go and see his long-lost brother, and he couldn’t do that in the end. Terribly depressing end to the game.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Elvis from December 2011. That £22k No Deal still ticks me off. I can't believe he declined 91% of the mean!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

For me, the worst games were any games where a blue was won, or where a higher sum could've been won after a low deal. Not naming names, because there are simply too many.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Corrine ?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

kall4i59 wrote:
Corrine ?

One of, if not the biggest, idiots to have ever played this game. I am shocked and appalled that such a stupid person actually exists in this world. If you want proof that greed kills, you need not look any further.

Disclaimer: For those wondering, the above post was 100% serious. That is what I truly believe.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Joycey - £90,000 declined on a £5/£250k board and she ended up with £5.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

I never understood why this game has become a magnet for idiots over the years. Perhaps it's a cruel strategic plan hatched by the producers that is designed to take advantage of these people, who are not of sound mind. Or maybe they think that some people just so stupid, they'll take massive gambles and ultimately save them lots of money in the end.

With all the money saved from deals and gambles gone wrong, they could've increased the top prize to £500,000, thus adding at least one more six-figure sum to the board. I can easily visualize a new Power 5 of £75,000, £100,000, £200,000, £350,000, and £500,000. Or they could've used the extra cash to implement a better and more strict contestant selection process that prevents idiots from falling through the cracks and making it on the show.

I hate idiots with a passion, and that is reflected in my posts. If a contestant messes up, and it's their own fault - in fact, it almost always is - then they deserve to feel my wrath. And if that means that fewer of them post here, then so be it.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

RICHARD

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

You just cannot possibly say that games like Corrine's and Joycey's were some of the worst ever. If they had won £250,000, most people would have the branded as a hero!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Yeah, it's that which pisses me off completely. Elvis got stick for declining 91% of the mean just because the gamble didn't pay off.

Scott declined 100% of the mean and Rich declined 110% of it. But as their gambles paid off, they are exempt from criticism from most people.

Incredibly annoying.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

It is annoying. Like I said the other day, after Charlotte dealt so early, her decision could easily have been either totally idiotic as most people made it seem (and as I thought at the time...), or it could have been the best-timed deal she would ever make.

It turned out to be the latter, so no-one (I don’t think) is that annoyed that she dealt when she did. Because for her, it paid off. If it hadn’t? Dear Allah there would have been uproar.

That is the nature of our game...decisions are judged on their consequences, rather than on the rationality of the decision. If the £15k deal leads to a decimation of the board, brilliant, she’s done fantastic. Personally, I don’t condone dealing at that stage, but it was correct given what happened. Rationally, it’s highly unlikely it will work out, but...it did.

I’m saying...I agree, when something goes wrong for someone, their decisions are criticised; when everything goes right, there’s no issue. I should put that in the “what irritates you?” thread, because it does annoy me a lot.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Skyline wrote:
RICHARD

The fact that he did an excessively cautious deal and got punished big time for it was one thing, but i think this game was made worse by the looney bin that the forum was at the time. Thing is though, Richard's game could just well have fallen apart, like with contestant Marie from January 2006 (Can't believe that was almost SEVEN years ago now!), at 11-box she was offered £30k on a board roughly the same as Richard's board when he dealt (All of the power 5 there, 3 blues and some healthy low red back-ups), Marie declined her offer of £30k, and her game fell apart over the next rounds, she then no-dealt 2 joke offers until she was left with a 1p/£10k finish where she dealt at £4k

TBH, Welsh Dave (March 2012) dealing at just £950 with the £35k still in play at 5-box would probably be my personal worst deal ever. Imagine if he had the £35k in his box, now THAT would be painful, selling a power 5 for a blue amount! :shock: :smt009

As for worst games, as a whole rather than gameplay, i'd probably go with a certain glamour girl whose 6th anniversary will be next Wednesday! :smt011 ;-)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Oh no, Donna Frampton. That was just painful to watch. I mean crying over £21k is just completely SELFISH!

What about Paul's game from January 2012? He dealt at £70k and was crying just because he had the £250k in his box. If that was me, I wouldn't have cared.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
International Forums Moderator

The worst games for me are those where there's very little gameplay at all - so the unavoidable trainwrecks mostly - and a lack of comedy to compensate...

I suppose that makes Janelle's the worst game ever, ultra-serious (and unpopular) contestant who got a rubbish board!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

I have seen 52 games live so far and for me, if a player decides to Deal, Let them be! £20,000 is a lot of money to a lot of people! However, if they have come for their one and only chance, let them go for it! I'm sure people would complain about most of my decisions to go all the way, but under the sort of pressure, people will do what they want to do.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

IMO, Richard from 2008 who did possibly the worst deal EVER in the history of the show, with the best board ever seen at the time. Very entertaining game, pocketed 20 grand but a horrible, HORRIBLE decision when every single offer after that could have been alot more...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Global Moderator

JoelDavies wrote:
IMO, Richard from 2008 who did possibly the worst deal EVER in the history of the show, with the best board ever seen at the time. Very entertaining game, pocketed 20 grand but a horrible, HORRIBLE decision when every single offer after that could have been alot more...

With all due respect, I very much doubt anyone would be saying that if Richard had had a proveout like Charlotte's. Then he'd have just slipped into obscurity as someone who dealt early, and got a surprise OPW.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]