Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Mary Moments

Warnings: 0
In today's game, Gareth said that he was about to Deal £12,000 but something made him say No Deal at the last second. This has happened on several occasions in the past, the most famous of which being Mary. Here are the cases I know of:

£120,000 Jennifer: Left with a 5 box of 3 blues, the £100k, and the £250k, she no dealt £52,000 :shock: and then proceeded to leave £750 and the £250,000 and Deal her final offer of £120,000. After she dealt, Noel revealed her target of £50,000. :blueponder While nothing was said of that at the time, Jennifer later admitted here (http://donduk.blogspot.com/2006/06/jenn ... 20000.html) that she meant to Deal the £52,000 but as she replied to the question No Deal accidentally came out of her mouth and she then felt that was meant to be.

£100,000 Maria: Left with a finish of £15k/£100k, she was offered £40,550. She then talked about what the money would do for her and it looked as though she was going to Deal, but as Noel asked the question she said No Deal. She then said that wasn't her voice but another voice in her head telling her to No Deal. She proceeded to swap for the £100,000.

£75,000 Mary: Facing a 5 box of 2 blues/£35k/£50k/£75k, she spoiled her decision to Deal £20,000 to the audience and Noel in advance.Then when Noel asked the question she said NO DEAL but then said "oh, I meant Deal". The banker allowed the question to be asked again, but that time Mary again said NO DEAL and meant it as she "believed in fate". :roll: She then proceeded to have the perfect round, leaving £50,000 and £75,000 to the end. She then no dealt her final offer and swapped for the £75,000.

£9,000 Aideen: Facing an 8 box of 3 blues/£1k/£10k/£35k/£75k/£100k, she No Dealt £16,000, but immediately said thereafter that she meant to Deal. The banker, not wanting a repeat of Mary's game, allowed the question to be asked again. After hearing Mary's story thereafter (thanks, Noel :x ), Aideen thought it was also fate that she No Dealt £16,000 :roll: and then said No Deal when the question was asked again. She later dealt £9,000 on a 3 blues/£10k/£100k 5 box, but then left the £100,000 to the end and missed out on £26,000. Fortunately, she only had £100 in her box.

£4,000 Carla: Faced with that offer on a 4 blues/£1k/£5k/£10k/£100k 8 box, Carla said No Deal and then said she meant Deal and she's done a Mary. :lol: After promising the Banker a onesie if he would allow the question to be asked again, she then said Deal. Thanks to her cautiousness, she missed out on a £12,000 5 box offer and £10,000 in her box.

£26,000 Betsy: Facing an 8 box of 4 blues/£3k/£10k/£35k/£250k, she was very torn over what to do with the offer of £11,500. When Noel asked the question, she said No Deal, and then immediately said "I didn't mean to do that." The banker did not give her another chance to answer the question, and that backfired on him spectacularly as she proceeded to knock out 2 blues and the £10,000. The banker then offered her £26,000, which she revealed to be her target. She then dealt and it turned out to be a banker :spank as should would have knocked out the big money in the next round.

If you know if any other accidental No Deals, feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments
Global Moderator

I can't think of any accidental NO DEALs apart from the ones you say. I can think of an accidental DEAL: Dennis from July 2010, who dealt £15,000 at 11-box, then revealed during the break that he meant to NO DEAL. We don't know if he meant this, or if it was out of guilt after Noel's spiel. And we all know what happened later in that game, don't we? :roll:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments

I can add a DEAL that could have been interpreted as a NO DEAL but was only taken as a DEAL after something happened that ended up on the cutting room floor.

viewtopic.php?p=651083#p651083

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments

Since May, there have been 2 HUGE anti-Mary moments:

1. Jacquie's accidental Deal of the DFKATBG, handing back £17,500 on a 1p/£100k finish. Unfortunately, the Banker gave her a chance to correct her mistake, and she promptly did just that, missing out on £100,000 in her box.

2. Someone on the Dutch version accidentally dealing €125,000 at the 2nd offer. :shock: The show did not allow him the chance to change his decision :smt011 :smt019 , and he missed out on the biggest game the show never had because of it. He gradually eliminated all the small sums on the board, leaving a final 3 of €100k, €2 Million, and €5 Million, producing a hypothetical offer of €2,100,000. :shock: :shock: To further the agony, he took out the €100k in his final pick, producing the strongest finish in the show's history, and he ended up having the €5,000,000 in his case, making him the biggest loser in international Deal or No Deal history. :(

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:12 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments
Forum Games Moderator

Mary had a little lamb.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments

We can now add Helen's accidental Deal to Box 23 to the list.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Mary Moments

Helen's decision to buy Box 23 was not accidental.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]