Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Warnings: 0
JoelDavies wrote:
Archstered wrote:
Interestingly,

On the deal home page, you can't click Danny's picture to get more info, but you can the rest.

Would have thought they would have taken it off.

You could a few days ago and it was still in my internet history... http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk/show/players/dannye

This all bust be a recent thing then

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

He must have been on the wings for this weeks games then? It must be hard to airbrush a contestant out of games given that its recorded in a serial manner. Do they do retakes during the recording or is it all 'live'.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:11 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?
Global Moderator

JoelDavies wrote:
'Danny Edwards', Google him. He's quite a 'local celebrity' around here... Not necessarily in a good way. :Jimmy_is_great

Wasn't Amanda's surname Edwards as well?! :o :shock: :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

norwichdonder wrote:
He must have been on the wings for this weeks games then? It must be hard to airbrush a contestant out of games given that its recorded in a serial manner. Do they do retakes during the recording or is it all 'live'.

The only retakes they do are after filming, and it's only if they didn't get the right camera shot on a box, everythig else is filmed as live.

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:22 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

JoelDavies wrote:
'Danny Edwards', Google him. He's quite a 'local celebrity' around here... Not necessarily in a good way. :Jimmy_is_great

Only thing I can find on him is that he was once a finalist in 'Shop Idol'... sdgthju

Bevv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 pm    Author: Bevv    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

What happened with Amanda, presumably her game wasn't shown, and if so, why?

Also, why has Ryan been kicked off?

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Brick wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

Only thing I can find on him is that he was once a finalist in 'Shop Idol'... sdgthju

http://www.youtube.com/dannyedwards

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:13 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Just a thought I've had about this - we've seen rulings with soap actors recently (Bill Roache & Michael Le Vell) preventing them from appearing with upcoming court proceedings. I suspect Deal might have a similar rule about National TV appearances during the time, as it could potentially be seen to influence the court...

Although, as people say, it's been difficult to 'airbrush' him out previously, it's not as simple as cutting scenes out of soaps clearly, but Deal have probably complied as much as they can to ensure what is deemed as a fair hearing is conducted.

Just thoughts! Who knows what really happened...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:22 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

JoelDavies wrote:
Brick wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/dannyedwards

Thanks. Wish I had enough time on my hands to post loads of videos of me mucking around for the whole world to see... :lol:

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

A person named Daniel Edwards had a court hearing at Manchester Crown Court on Tuesday 13 August 2013.

http://incourts.co.uk/Daily/Tuesday/Manchester.html

Of course, it's worth pointing out that this person may not be the Danny we're discussing here.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Bevv wrote:
What happened with Amanda, presumably her game wasn't shown, and if so, why?

Also, why has Ryan been kicked off?

Amanda's game wasn't shown as per her request due to a family bereavement (though it was eventually aired via Challenge repeats in April of this year!)

Ryan was kicked off for bad behaviour.

The theory that Danny was the one who leaked details about the games to Ryan makes a lot of sense. Why he would want to do that is another question entirely...

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

matt26 wrote:
The theory that Danny was the one who leaked details about the games to Ryan makes a lot of sense. Why he would want to do that is another question entirely...

I highly doubt this... Deal or No Deal themselves said they couldn't air the episode for reasons 'out of their control'.

bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:35 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Hello there.

Re Ryan being 'kicked off'. What sort of bad behaviour would that be? Just wondered out of interest. Does it appear that Donds 'processing team' are getting things a little bit wrong with these two contestants? There will be a few thousand people knowing this info who will be rather gutted.

BB.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

I have to say I find stuff like this more intriguing than actual gameplay sometimes.

I hope Challenge continue their repeat shows up until the time CJ was on the wings it's only about 3 months off now, as now we all know she was expunged from the show we can all take more notice of her than when she was originally on!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

bluebell wrote:
Hello there.

Re Ryan being 'kicked off'. What sort of bad behaviour would that be? Just wondered out of interest. Does it appear that Donds 'processing team' are getting things a little bit wrong with these two contestants? There will be a few thousand people knowing this info who will be rather gutted.

BB.

The exact reasons for Ryan being dropped from the show are still unknown, although it might have involved rudeness to other players (which appeared to be the case with CJ). I looked at his Twitter page and there was one conversation between him and recent player Kelly which included a few insults I can't repeat here. Not that you could really draw any conclusions from that though.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

James1978 wrote:
I have to say I find stuff like this more intriguing than actual gameplay sometimes.
:)

Indeed! All this talk of "airbrushing" and "expunging" has echoes to Stalins purges.

The one thing that makes Danny stick out in my memory was one of his early appearances where the banker called Noel and mocked his hairstyle. Dannys hairstyle, not Noels :smt046. Something like "a dead skunk". If this situation was known previously, I'm sure they would have edited any such banter out and just opened the box. I don't really remember any of Ryans appearances - was there any Noel/Ryan banter on the shows?

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Brick wrote:
bluebell wrote:
Hello there.

BB.

The exact reasons for Ryan being dropped from the show are still unknown, although it might have involved rudeness to other players (which appeared to be the case with CJ). I looked at his Twitter page and there was one conversation between him and recent player Kelly which included a few insults I can't repeat here. Not that you could really draw any conclusions from that though.

Ryan himself claims he was removed from the show for 'not being emotional enough'... :suspect:

bluebell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

Hello again,
Re Danny's game and Ryan.

There was a Ryan on the wings tonight. I thought he had been kicked off for bad behaviour? Is it the same, or a different Ryan. I don't understand and I'm sure that someone can explain.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

It's a different Ryan.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Danny's game?

I think Ryan and CJ are the only players to get kicked off the show due to their behaviour on the show and/or towards the other players.

Although i think i did read somewhere that Yvonne who was on the wings in the last week of season 4, but disappeared over the summer break and never returned for the new season, was kicked off the show, because she'd been on GoldenBalls (on which she won £20,000 or something) before DoND and lied about her gameshow history :?

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]