Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Is there anyway an American can watch?

Warnings: 0
I'm sure I've mentioned a few times how I'm from the US but have been following this forum for years. Back in 2008 there was some site that uploaded the last ten minutes of each show; that was my only means then of watching and I had to couple that with the commentaries here to really follow the progress of the show. That site disappeared at least a year ago and so I don't have any more DoND videos to watch...

Long story short, is there any nice way I can see gameplay short of relocating? :)

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

The site in question was www.ilovedealornodeal.co.uk which the domain name expired last year... and the site was last updated two / three years ago.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

I use a proxy server (SecurityKISS) nowadays to view the episodes on 4oD. It's the fastest server I can find and its free up to the first 300 megabytes of data each day (enough to watch about 3 to 4 shows).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:26 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

Saperogo wrote:
I'm sure I've mentioned a few times how I'm from the US but have been following this forum for years. Back in 2008 there was some site that uploaded the last ten minutes of each show; that was my only means then of watching and I had to couple that with the commentaries here to really follow the progress of the show. That site disappeared at least a year ago and so I don't have any more DoND videos to watch...

Long story short, is there any nice way I can see gameplay short of relocating? :)

I always use this website when I'm not watching on my TV... Don't have a clue what it looks like when viewed on an American IP address, but I supposed you could always use a proxy server.

It's free, so just make an account and click Channel 4 whenever Deal is on. :smt023

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

They're also on YouTube for 30 days after the transmission date, though I'm not sure if the viewing is restricted depending on which country you live in.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I use a proxy server (SecurityKISS) nowadays to view the episodes on 4oD. It's the fastest server I can find and its free up to the first 300 megabytes of data each day (enough to watch about 3 to 4 shows).

Yay, I got this to work! Woo! :box:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

James1978 wrote:
They're also on YouTube for 30 days after the transmission date, though I'm not sure if the viewing is restricted depending on which country you live in.

Those videos are blocked outside the UK and usually don't work with most proxy servers (believe me, I tried :smt119 ).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

American Coupon Boy wrote:

Dumb question but is there any way to reduce the quality on 4oD? Today I hit 300 MB just before the fifth round started. :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Is there anyway an American can watch?

In Chrome I use an extension called ProxTube which allows me to view videos on Youtube blocked in specific countries.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]