Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Warnings: 0
Today's game.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Again, I'm tempted to add Dawood to the clue as Mark suggested, but ultimately the offer did mean a lot to him and was half-reasonable for the board plus he saw Laura crash to a blue from an even stronger position the day before, so his Deal is justifiable.

There's no question about today's Deal joining the club, though. :twisted:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:46 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

This club should be doused in kerosene, set alight and razed to the ground. It serves to feed the belief that a deal can be a 'horrible' thing to do, which is absolutely incorrect and abhorrently wrong.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

2007 daniel123 wrote:
All of the people mentioned plus a whole lot more deserve to be in this club for their inexcusably cautious Deals.

I'm glad you agree with me, daniel123. :D However, I'm not adding any new members for now. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

That might be something 2007 daniel123 would say, but it's not formatted at all the way 2007 daniel123 would have typed it as.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
This club should be doused in kerosene, set alight and razed to the ground. It serves to feed the belief that a deal can be a 'horrible' thing to do, which is absolutely incorrect and abhorrently wrong.

+1

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

I performed a search of those exact words, noting the 'Author' as 'daniel123'; no results were found. :smt023

I make no apology for forcing you into a deflection, ACB - you should know better than to think deflection will work on '2013 daniel123', and I still await your response, if you can muster any, to my statement. Especially as this appears to be a statement which is reflective of the general opinions of this forum... :)

(+1 if you understood any of that, by the way. :D )

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Colin definitely added to the club, and fyi I would've added him even if the £250k went before 2 box as the £14k guarantee just for keeping the jackpot to 5 box made the 8 box offer OBVIOUSLY worth another round.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:17 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Rosie deservingly and unquestionably added to the club and is on the top of the list. :smt011 :smt011 :smt019 :smt019

I'm looking forward to see what Saperogo and/or daniel123 inevitably have to say about this. :roll:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

2 is the largest even prime.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

can I join the club

I once dealt £230 on a 1p/50p/£100/£750/£20,000 on dilan04 dond

katie chipchase has nothin' on 'skyline'

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Skyline wrote:
can I join the club

I once dealt £230 on a 1p/50p/£100/£750/£20,000 on dilan04 dond

katie chipchase has nothin' on 'skyline'

:laughing :laughing :laughing Sorry Skyline, but only horrible dealers on the REAL show can join this club, though you're welcome to make such a club in the games section. :laughing :laughing :laughing

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:35 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

In response to this; quote my post from a month or so ago on this subject, which went along the lines of that this club should be 'razed to the ground'. I don't really want to spend my time speaking negatively about this, however. You know how I feel about it, and that feeling is reflected by the dond.co.uk community at large; you're in a minority, my dear friend, and its company numbers exactly one. You. :roll: :smt023

As I often say - what if the contestant were to join this forum and take you to task for your behaviour? Bear that in mind... :ponder:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:40 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

daniel123 wrote:
As I often say - what if the contestant were to join this forum and take you to task for your behaviour? Bear that in mind... :ponder:

Well according to staceyj on Digital Spy, the reason why contestants haven't registered on here lately is because h2005 has been slacking on his moderator duties, as he registered to be a member over 4 months ago and his account hasn't been activated yet.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:30 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Yes, get it sorted H2005 you egregious layabout.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
daniel123 wrote:

Well according to staceyj on Digital Spy, the reason why contestants haven't registered on here lately is because h2005 has been slacking on his moderator duties, as she registered to be a member over 4 months ago and her account hasn't been activated yet.

I keep thinking I should have the keys to this place... :smt009 :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:33 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

In bringing this thread back up in advance for Gaz's game. :roll: :twisted:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:39 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

I forgot to mention some of the 'bad' deals of July 2008:

£30k Colleen: Dealing for £30k at 8-box with the whole power-5 still there, made worse by her being constantly upset throughout her game despite such a powerful board (I think she was just really nervous/stage-freightened, but it was still disappointing to watch) :smt009

£20k Louise: Dealing at £20k on an 8-box of 3-blues/£10k/£15k/£75k/£100k/£250k was a fairly weak deal. I've seen worse deals than this, but i think the proveouts and run of caution at the time really made it look bad more than anything

£17.5k Lance: Basically the £15k Geoff of 2008, dealing for a mid-teens sum at 8-box with all the power 5 except the £75k. Again, a nightmare proveout combined with the QM on the table and the state of this forum at the time didn't help at all

£4,000.01 William: The last show of a season that started so well, but progressively got worse, and by now, we were in one of DoND's darkest periods.

Willaim was a great character, but his deal of £4,000.01 at 5-box with the £35k and £50k still above it was very poor.

And of course, what season final would be complete without a banker handout at the end? William received a holiday at the end despite not succeeding in the 5-box special week gimmick, which pretty much set the tone for the very bitter first few weeks of Season 4

But overall. I think that £950 Dave, £700 Rosie, £1k Michael, £10k Iris, £20k Wilf, £3,100 Beryl, £1,250 Rosie, £1k Grace, £15k Geoff, £3k Zoe, £8k Sherilyn, £24k Michael, £5k Colin and £6,500 Eugenia were my all-time worst dealers

Also, if Banker's gambles being declined counts, then i'll include £1,300 Hannah (Declined an EASY BG on a £750/£3k finish), £3,000 David (the deal itself was pretty bad too) and £1,001 Anne

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Out of the Deals you mentioned, Colleen's and Louise's I'm instantly throwing out of contention as they dealt £20,000+ and based on the Banker's behaviour at the time they easily could've gotten a JOKE offer after a bad round. I'm tempted to include Lance, but again he dealt a sizable sum and he also could've gotten a joke offer after a bad round. I'm most tempted to include William's Deal, but he was almost guaranteed a JOKE offer on any blue/red finish given the Banker looked in his box and hinted that he had the 1p, so essentially he had a 60% of leaving with a blue had he gone on, so I will not be adding any new members to the club at this time. :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

How about one from the early-ish days of the show - Rob from September 2006

He said no to an offer of £20,000.10 at 11-box (the £3k/£35k/£50k/£75k/£250k was the whole red side), and then had a nightmare round taking out all the big numbers except the £75k! :shock: So he now had just the £75k at 8-box and the BIIIIIIIG drop back to £3,000

Inevitably, the offer plummeted and was now at just £3,500, at which Rob DEALT at! :shock: :?

It was a good decision in the end as Rob took out the remaining big number in the very next box and had £3,000 on the table. For the board it wasn't a bad deal really, but it certainly was questionable to take just £3,500 after declining a generous £20k offer earlier

That was a pretty strange show anyway. Their was a flat atmosphere and Rob was a pretty anonymous contestant who'd only been there for about 10 shows or something, there were even possible signs of Rob being unliked by the other players with some uncomfortable body language from the other contestants, then there was the moment Rob chose his neighbour on the wings Maddie to open the box and said "I'm going to go with my good friend Maddie". Maddie then revealed the £250k for the second game in a row, and unlike Sarah's game the day before, where Maddie was in tears after revealing the QM, this time she looked pretty emotionless after revealing it in Rob's game!

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]