Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:26 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
I didn't even know you had to keep the £250,000 to the end. That's news to me.

:ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Mark wrote:
To get an offer over that amount these days you have to keep either the £5,000 or £10,000 (with the £250,000 of course) at the end for that to happen.

For the majority of players (excluding those that the Banker thinks are OHO's so starts offering ridiculously high offers), it would take at least the £35k to be backing up the QM for the offer to get over Jennifer's offer.

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Simon F wrote:
Mark wrote:
To get an offer over that amount these days you have to keep either the £5,000 or £10,000 (with the £250,000 of course) at the end for that to happen.

For the majority of players (excluding those that the Banker thinks are OHO's so starts offering ridiculously high offers), it would take at least the £35k to be backing up the QM for the offer to get over Jennifer's offer.

Apart from you know who, of course, who was offered £10,000 over the average on a £10k, £250k finish... And STILL didn't take it. :eyes:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

JoelDavies wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Mark wrote:

Apart from you know who, of course, who was offered £10,000 over the average on a £10k, £250k finish... And STILL didn't take it. :eyes:

Same for another guy who had a £50k/£250k finish and he too was offered £10k above the average.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

I did say the MAJORITY of players deliberately.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

How about a newbie playing on their first show?

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:29 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

They have to do a minimum of 10 shows from what I read somewhere.

Though of course that would have been excluded in the first ever episode.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:53 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Well thanks to Sue's horrible game last month, we can finally cross someone having two all-red rounds at the start of their game off the list.

We've also yet to have the ultimate heartbreaker of someone swapping away the £250,000 at the end of the game in live play.

We can add a few more the list thanks to Box 23:

Someone risking £20,000+ on Box 23.

A QUARTER PENNY winner (though we have to wait until they change the Box 23 options again for that to occur ;) ).

Someone losing more than £5,000 to Box 23.

A £500,000 winner.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:00 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

But Garvan and Janelle played for 9 shows didn't they

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:53 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Garvan played on his 9th and Janelle actually played on her 12th show, although her apparent ill relationship with the other players made it seem like less!

While i'm at it, have we ever had any clear-cut examples of a player having to play early due to the other players having problems with them off-screen and wanting them gone as soon as possible?

Janelle's seemed like speculation more than anything, and i know that we did have a case with Emma in April 2008, with some of her fellow contestants openly admitting on here that a lot the group had problems with her at the hotel !

Yet Emma still did a reasonable number of shows (19 if memory serves), and came across quite pleasant, likeable and bubbly in her game! :?

I'm surprised we've STILL haven't seen any west wing-west wing 'wing-walkers' yet!

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

So no one liked Janelle? Why did they not like her? Why did they not like Emma too?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

I'm still waiting for someone to accept an offer of negative money as a joke during a terrible game. If I were in that situation, I would beg for an offer of -£150 just to make history. I'd gamble it on Box 23 as well, since it's under £3,000, which means that if I discovered +£10,000, I would actually win £9,850.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:13 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

But what if you can't purchase Box 23 with negative money? ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Imagine some dealing -1p and getting double in 23 :-D

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:23 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

kall4i59 wrote:

Again, I think you can't buy Box 23 with negative money. When Archie had an All or Nothing twist on "What would you really do?", he said that you couldn't buy Box 23 if you lost, as you'd have no money to buy it with. As a regular pilgrim, I imagine he already knew that's how they would do it on the show.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
kall4i59 wrote:

Jamie from this March already did that, sending him homer with 2p.

There's a MINUS sign in front of the 1 ;)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:22 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

kall4i59 wrote:
So no one liked Janelle? Why did they not like her? Why did they not like Emma too?

We can't be sure what happened with Janelle, but speculation of her not being liked by the other players was brought about when she played her game.

I actually haven't physically seen her game, but apparently she just kept looking cranky and disinterested throughout her game and never really smiled at all, and also bluntly dismissed any offer she received from the banker. Also, the other players took ages to make their way over to her at the end of the show, and not many of them wished her good luck when they opened their boxes

There were also further signs of Janelle not being liked by the other players going by some posts made by contestant Pennie (who played while Janelle was on the wings).

She never actually said what had happened, but judging by some of the posts she made, it was clear that she obviously didn't like Janelle very much. One of the juiciest ones was in a thread discussing 'nervous contestants', where someone brought up Janelle and implied that she might've just been nervous in her game, and Pennie replied to this by just exclaiming "No!", implying that Janelle wasn't nervous and that was just how she was

Emma. Well, some of her fellow contestants who she was on the wings with at the time had told us that Emma wasn't trying to mix with most of the group while she was on the show, and that she brought a friend with her to the show who was a piece of work and fell out with one of the other contestants and their other half at the bar, and after the show, Emma and her friend had sent nasty emails to a couple of her fellow contestants, and bragged about how they were glad Emma had won more than Angela!! :shock:

I think they might have been exaggerating the whole Emma thing a bit, but i kind of wanted to side with Emma in the end, after seeing Angela get too cocky in her game and cry over a self-inflicted trainwreck!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Well we never thought it would happen but in today's game, Jean took out EVERY SINGLE one of the Power 5 in the opening round! A whopping 1 in 26,334 (0.004%) chance :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Someone risking £20,000+ on Box 23

Well that can now be taken off the list.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:58 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

It;s actually quite sad that we've now reached the stage where what hasn't happened will now never happen.

The only other thing to cross off which I had previously mentioned is a £250-guaranteed 11-box, a 1 in 1,938 chance. It happened in March 2016 and completes all possible '1 in 1,938' board scenarios that we've seen on the show - 8-box of one colour, first eight boxes being one colour and a £250-guaranteed/£5k-maximum 11-box.

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]