Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:47 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: What Events have we yet to see?

Warnings: 0
I'll begin with some obvious ones:

A first or second round deal.

All blue/red 11-box.

All Hobo Five/Power 5 final five. (Closest we got to the latter was Daniel).

Sorry if it seems a bit vague, but could anyone else say what gameplay events, or the like, that haven't yet occured on DOND.

And one that obviously won't happen, but one I always wondered about and imagined occuring, was a situation where at the end of a game there is left, let's say, £10 and £250. On the table is £10, but the other box on the wings contains NOT £250, but an amount that has been opened earlier in the game, thus creating two of the same amounts present in the same game and rendering it void...

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

A first or second round deal. - Hopefully that will NEVER happen. That is the only thing that I hope doesn't.

All blue/red 11-box. - Could happen but the chances are very rare. As like it is for all power five (either end) going in the first round.

All Hobo Five/Power 5 final five. (Closest we got to the latter was Daniel). - If it does happen with all power five (red ones) in play at five box, going on is a must.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Mark wrote:
All blue/red 11-box. - Could happen but the chances are very rare. As like it is for all power five (either end) going in the first round.

Forgot to mention this also rather obvious event. Closest we got to the power 5 obliteration (barring Nan!) were Rob (Dec 05) and Otis (Sep 06) off the top of my head... they both had a £20,000 game after 7 boxes.

And a female (name ecapes me now) took out the entire Hobo 5 in the first 6 boxes... after losing the £250,000 first box!

Last edited by psychokiller on Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well, we can no longer add live shows and celebrity shows to the list...

I don't think anyone's ever dealt at 11-box and had the £250,000 in their box.

Has anyone ever dealt at 11-box and then accepted a banker's gamble?

Talking of banker's gambles, has there ever been a proper one before 2-box? I'm sure there has, although I can only think of examples where the banker's allowed the question to be asked again (e.g. Mary, Huddy, etc), which isn't really a banker's gamble.

Something else to add to the list is the banker making the same offer all the way through the game and/or offering entirely non-monetary things (e.g. swaps). There have been games which have come close to that though.

holly

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

You guys are forgetting one CRUCIAL event.... ;)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

psychokiller wrote:
All blue/red 11-box.

Odds of a board just being 1 colour at 11-box are 1 in 7,759,752
psychokiller wrote:
All Hobo Five/Power 5 final five.

Odds of that are 1 in 26334

psychokiller wrote:
And one that obviously won't happen, but one I always wondered about and imagined occuring, was a situation where at the end of a game there is left, let's say, £10 and £250. On the table is £10, but the other box on the wings contains NOT £250, but an amount that has been opened earlier in the game, thus creating two of the same amounts present in the same game and rendering it void...

The odds of that happening hopefully are zero.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

holly wrote:
You guys are forgetting one CRUCIAL event.... ;)

I think Noel's mentioned it enough to last a lifetime. :P

I think he was even going on about it in his preamble in my show...

holly

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

And your's weren't even that long after Alice's!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

holly wrote:
And your's weren't even that long after Alice's!

Indeed - I think he was saying how it was nearly show 1,000 and 2 women had won it and 0 men had (or something like that).

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

h2005 wrote:
0 men had (or something like that).

Well if the male players were more brave enough... e.g. the previous Tony... Rob from last year... etc......

When the show finally comes to an end as it will in some years, I hope that 0 will be in double figures.

Last edited by Mark on Tue May 29, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

There really isn't a fat lot to add is there?

This would be about 3 pages long in 2007 time...

I suppose we could add swapping a power 5 amount for 1p... or vice versa... unless even this has happened...

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

psychokiller wrote:

It's funny you should say that - I just did a search and found a similar thread from 2007, that's 3 pages long! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9510

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?
Global Moderator

psychokiller wrote:

I suppose we could add swapping a power 5 amount for 1p... or vice versa... unless even this has happened...

Didn't Matty from Easter '08 do that?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

hogwild94 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Yes...it was the £50,000 swapped for 1p which he won.

If he didn't swap, I very much doubt he would have won the £50,000.

When players have accepted the swap offer at the first offer, never has the £250,000 been given away. Close to it was the £100,000... though, I can't remember the players name.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

psychokiller wrote:

"Psychic" Sarah swapped 10p for £250k (albeit after being given the SWAP at the first offer)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:16 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

I should have said at the 2 box scenario, although Matty of course does count. Was that also the worst ever 1p win in terms of how the player took it? I expected him to take a blue win quite easily when I viewed him on the wings...

Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Yes I believe it was. From what I remember.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

Mark wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Yes...it was the £50,000 swapped for 1p which he won.

If he didn't swap, I very much doubt he would have won the £50,000.

When players have accepted the swap offer at the first offer, never has the £250,000 been given away. Close to it was the £100,000... though, I can't remember the players name.

Lisa from Sep 08 swapped the £100k for £5k. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

That's probably who I meant.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What Events have we yet to see?

How about an offer before any boxes are opened (which G last year hinted at)? :)

The main one apart from the obvious male quarter-millionaire which conceivably could happen is a banker's gamble before 2-box.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]