Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Most painful "red win" game ever?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 pm
Clare 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Dot 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Stevie (1) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Swappy Matt 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Swappy Barbara 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Ingerlise 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donna (3) 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Christine 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Lynn (2) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Paul B 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Brunhilde 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Warnings: 0
There's been lots of games which have been horrible viewing where the contestant has won next to nothing of course, but as the least favourite games thread shows, winning a respectable amount of money doesn't necessarily mean that won't be the case. Whether it was a disastrous early deal or a player pushing their luck too far then cutting their losses and scoring a dreadful OPL - or even going all the way with a big sum of money only to swap it away! So which of these takes the prize?

Clare (£1,500, April 2006) - A strong game and bubbly character ends up with a tearful ending and a deal to avoid a blue win.

Dot (£3,100, April 2006) - In the same week, Dot could have been the first second-offer dealer but wanted to give the audience more of a game - and surely regretted it.

Stevie (1) (£1,300, June 2006) - It was going so well with strong early offers, before she pushed it too far and to make things even worse dealt for the OPL at the end.

"Swappy" Matt (2) (£5,000, September 2006) - Showed the courage to go all the way with £50,000 in his box, only to give it away for just £5,000.

"Swappy" Barbara (3) (£1,000, October 2006) - As if Matt's swap wasn't bad enough, Barbara outdid it a few weeks later. She'd had blue, she'd had blue, she'd had blue... so she gave away her £100,000 box.

Ingerlise (£15,000, December 2006) - First £250,000 on the table for months, but we wished it had stayed away after watching this one.

Donna (3) (£21,000, December 2006) - And this one outdid Ingerlise's, not in terms of the prize but with Donna's reaction to the unfolding post-deal "dream scenario" finish.

Christine (£6,000, March 2007) - A horrendous OPL at a time when it seemed no contestant could do a thing right. Took £6k from the apparent wreckage of her game only to find £100,000 in her box.

Lynn (2) (£1,000, May 2007) - So entertaining in the wings and early in her game, she regretted turning down £15,000 when the game fell apart next round, and could barely find it in her to complete the game and take £1,000 next offer.

Paul B (£1,000, June 2007) - Turned down his Manchester United "dream prize" to chase the money, but saw it all fall apart and went away with only £1,000.

Brunhilde (£2,000, October 2007) - Looking for money for her sick daughter, she turned down £20,000 before the game crashed and to make matters worse took a £2,000 final offer OPL deal.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:34 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Dot or Bruni for me, but I went to Dot.

Christine's was pretty awful too though!

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Interesting 'un! One I remember from the early days of the show is Marie's game in Jan 06. She had this incredible board as part 3 began with the entire power 5 still there, had just turned down £30,000, and then BANG, quarter million goes and the offer MASSIVELY crashes to £8,000. So what followed was her helplessly playing on, and the game was just totally destroyed with the whole power 5 going, and she dealt £4,000 on a 1p v £10,000 final two...and had £10k in her box. Horrible bad luck OPL.

Christine's wasn't just a painful game, it was one of the lowest moments in the show's history, we'd had weeks worth of bad games by then, the players had lost so much of their positivity that they were incapable of saying anything other than the word 'BLUE', and it just seemed impossible for anyone to get any sort of victory at all. There was only one thing keeping me watching and that was the promise of the June/July games I'd seen recorded - a comparison to that would be at about Caroline's game last month, which was the end of a horrible run of shows where every red went early and the players couldn't do anything about it.

The most 'painful' out of those, though, I'd just have to go with Barbara. Just the idea of her having a six figure sum in her box for the entire show, and how Noel's so close to opening it when she simply gives it away in return for one that's barely four figures, was just horrifying. Really really shocking and unlucky.

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

It was in my fingers, my fingers, my fingers... I just clicked Swappy Barbara. If I had kids or something blue I'd carry on but I dont...

Swapping is always painful when it goes wrong but £100k for £1k..ouch!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I wasn't watching back then but Marie's game sounds pretty much suicidal - having seen what was left on the baord at 8-box and 5-box, the banker deseves shooting for those offers. REALLY glad I didn't see it, but I remember I'd watched the odd show at the time as my sister incorrectly said she'd won 1p having turned down £30k! (She'd turned down the 4k with 10k in the other box apparently!).

Another one from that era was Peter who dealt for £3,500 at 8-box with 100k and nothing - and he avoided it for two rounds and would have been offered 35k - I can't imagine how it would have been had 100k been on the table!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

But I am actually going for Christine, it maybe wouldn't have been so bad had the games leading up to it not been so bad, but having 100k in your box but removing everything other decent amount on the board and taking a lowish offer to understanably avoid going with nothing but just horrendous!

(I'm surprised Nudist Di isn't in that selection BTW - truning down 44k, taking 8k and having 20k in your box is just about one of the worst results you could imagine - though it was sort of funny as she really did get on my nerves!)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

george

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

Voted for Lynn, as the £15,000 clearly meant SO much to her, and she only turned it down due to getting slighty carried away. She was just so disappointed...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Oh now that is a good 'un.

Swappy Barbara hit me at the time - and put me in a bad state for a musical theatre group meeting, so it's affected me more than any DoND episode ever - so really I should vote that.

But how can I not vote for the person who could have had a second-offer Deal for an OPW if she was true to herself, only to fall into playing Endemol's game rather than hers? Dot it is.

I was amused by Di's downfall too, although mostly because I couldn't believe she took that chance (even basicasic criticised it, it was THAT bad).

If Peter had the 100k in his box, that'd complete the top three; as it is, I think it's Donna. Or Brunhilde. Certainly Donna was the most painful 'above-average' (i.e. above the long-run mean win of 16-17k) win ever...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:14 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Donna deserved it, but lets not get started.

I purely think its between the Swappies; Matt and Barbara. I was revved up more in Matt's game, so I think he wins my vote.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I cannot sympathise with Barbara or Matt since swapping is something I am dead against So no sympathy.

Donna got too much money anyway and deserved all the pain of the proveout - awful woman.

I felt bad for Stevie. I probably felt most bad For Christine if im honest.

The others I wasn't bothered.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

george

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I don't understand all the outrage about Donna. Sure, she got upset when she had £21,000, but I think it was just a case that losing out on £59,000, £171,000 and £250,000 was the bigger regret for her. She seemed like a nice person really.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

it's just the fact that she blamed her boyfriend really.

george

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

She was right to! She wanted to continue and he pressured her into dealing, or that's how I remember it, anyway.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

george wrote:
I don't understand all the outrage about Donna. Sure, she got upset when she had £21,000, but I think it was just a case that losing out on £59,000, £171,000 and £250,000 was the bigger regret for her. She seemed like a nice person really.

Lied about her Job , was selfish conceited, and then listened to someone else dealt at 21K to please them and THEN MOANED AND CRIED OVER IT like 21k was nothing and she was clearly greedy in her tone of the proveout.

Theres people in the world that cannot even get £21

she gets 21k opening a few boxes and MOANS about it crying acting like a spoilt child it was disgusting.
21K wasted on a glamour Model pfft.

The image of the 250K been opened and her face is wonderful but whats even better is her BFs face he is Mortified its a kodak moment.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

She could have just ignored him though like David j ignoring his wife at the 25K offer.

remind me about the 'job lying'. I'm intruiged. :?

As for this I'd be tempted to vote Paul B for the twist but I'm not sure.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

george

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I thought her boyfriend was kind of forceful, I think she wanted to go on, but was scared of the reprecussions regarding their relationship if she no dealt and went on to win nothing. Considering how close she was to no dealing, to know that she could have had £38,000 more a few seconds later is pretty gutting. Sure, her reaction was over the top, but that's not a reason enough to hate someone. I liked her...

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:52 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

well your alone George I'm afraid lol.

Greedy glamour Model thats all she was to me and she got owned!

You got to love her BFs face!! :-D

george

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:59 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I hated her boyfriend. D:

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:07 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

That picture is funny for how his expression changed from smug!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:07 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I just love his face its like oh *beep* ive dropped a ball here lol!!

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]