Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:50 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Warnings: 0
BankerSpanker wrote:
Just want to bring up something that's annoying me on this forum. Stupid posts like:
Quote:
'[player name] x3............................'

*insert nonsense here about player not having the guts*

'[player name] x3............................'

*insert nonsense here about how a certain gamble was worth a punt*

We don't need this rubbish! :smt011

I agree, especially during the show's last couple of years when the forum's interest in DoND was dwindling. The daily commentaries were getting shorter and shorter (during the show's final run in late 2016, some threads were getting down to only one page long!!) and were becoming VERY uninteresting to read with the mostly the same "Bad answer for box 23", "Hopefully he/she won't have too many regrets" comments over and over again :roll:

Another late entry i wanted to get in was the fact that low wins on special dates (Christmas, New Year's Eve, DoND birthday shows etc.) were considered SACRILEGE both on the show and on here, and whenever someone had a trainwreck game on Christmas or New Year's, they'd receive ludicrous banker handouts just to make damn sure they get a happy game on an important day. The £5k+ handout to Helen B who played on the 2nd birthday show and only won a couple hundred pounds was ridiculous :smt009

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:58 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

daniel123 wrote:
stewartw wrote:
To be honest I reckon the increase in viewers had more to do with Tipping Point finishing around that time (at least I think it did). It does seem to be getting its backside kicked by that show whenever they clash. I honestly don't see the appeal of it but then I guess there were plenty who said that about DOND when it was big.

Brave players wouldn't hurt though. Sadly they seem to be intent on solely picking players who really need the money, or 'characters' who just prat around for an hour. It's just such a 'daytime' rut. They don't seem to realise that an intense brave game can have just as much 'character', just replacing the desperate padding with genuine tension, like the old days!

*WHHIIP--BANG*

"Stewartw, One."

;) :smt023

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Rant thread
Forum Games Moderator

God, what a mess I was in 2013...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:28 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Nah, the whole forum was sadly :smt009 :smt009

And seeing as this is a rant thread....

WHY DID EVERYONE MOAN ABOUT EVERYTHING IN THE COMMENTARIES??????????? :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:35 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

What really annoys me is if you compare Alice and Corrine's game! Corrine walks away with a blue shes a failure, Alices gamble pays off, this means a winner, how come Corrine never gets praise, Corrine took the bigger risk I'd say over Alice and all she ends up is with abuse! So if the gamble pays off they are good, but if another person takes the same gamble and fails, they are an idiot or a loser, according to members of this s :smt105 :smt105

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]