Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:11 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What was the worst twist ever?

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
I think the worst "twist" the show has had is the Banker's hand-outs to blue winners back in 2008. Seriously, if he wanted a feel-good ending, why not make a decent bail-out offer in the conventional game rather than force the player to win a blue and then give them an extra grand for their trouble.

That seemed to happen a lot during 2008. Especially during the early stages of Season 4 when players were being forced to the end by either banker stingyness, poor boards or a combination of the above, and ended up winning blues. And then the banker tried to cover it up by giving them handouts at the end!

Davao

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What was the worst twist ever?

I would say the catapult twist from a few years ago. It was impossible to do it and most contestants who did it ended up with a blue.

Season 4 handouts was one of the worst twists ever!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:21 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What was the worst twist ever?

Another one i thought of, it's a bit difference as it's a collection of games instead of an individual gameplay twist

But the stupid 'Battle of the sexes' gimmick in 2007 where it was two weeks of men and two weeks of women.

The whole thing was just weird and didn't work, and i would hate to have been a man playing during it, as there seemed to be a ridiculous bias towards the women in the 'competition', with the men being forced to do short runs, the women doing 30+ shows, all the men getting replaced with women until there were only women on the wings and even for the next two or three weeks afterwards, things were still a mess with women doing lengthly runs and men doing fairly short runs

It didn't help that there was a run of unlucky games during the middle part of it (for the most part, they were dull, unavoidable trainwrecks with poor boards and banker stingyness giving the players no real get-outs. The worst one was 52p Irene were she got offered a laughable-at-the-absolute-best £1,000 on a 4-blues/£75k 5-box). But the worst moment was the 'awards ceremony' at the end of the last game of Battle Of The Sexes where the men won yet the women got the better prize and each recieved a weekend spa break, while the men were 'rewarded' with some silly little trophy for each of the 12 men to pass around for each month of the year! I strongly doubt the women would've gotten the joke prize and the men would've gotten the serious prize if the women won! :smt019 :smt011 :x

I'll keep it short and won't go into an Anti-PCness tirade, but the whole women-biased sexism here made a bad gimmick even worse!

(P.S. I'm a man and proud! :-D )

Rant over

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]