Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:05 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:05 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Penny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Warnings: 0
HELLO!

Just to clear up before i throw my question to you, I am not Penny from the show, i just chose the name as a nod to the Bad penny that always turns up, and I've been here a while, but have lapsed in my posting (sorry!)

Anyway, I have a BRONZE TICKET for wednesday, and am VEZ EXCITED. I don't have a clue what to expect. Any tips on how to impress the lovely judges so they will scoop me up and put me on? I have every intention on being myself, not least because I am rubbish at pretending not to be myself, and myself works for the most part. Any other tips?

(My head is screaming "WHAT WILL i WEAR, WHAT WILL i DO WITH MY HAIR?! But i'm resisting asking that. Just see it as my inner struggle..)

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 am    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Hey Penny... I know its a cliche and its been posted a million times before but just be yourself... I had my Bronze ticket audition today and got a Silver ticket :D :D :D ....

They're just looking for normal people who aren't afraid to show themselves... not someone else!!

Good luck... get involved and have fun!!!!! :smt023

Penny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Thanks Chance. Well done on your audition! What happened at it? Were there many people there? Did it take long? Do you have any idea when to expect to hear from them?

Sorry for all the questions!

Penny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

GUTTED! I fluffed the interview. I thought they would ask actual questions, but they just plonked me in front of a camera and told me to describe myself and I just blanked! Such a pity, I think I would have done okay in the longer interview. Ah well. Hope somebody from our group got through though, they were all lovely.

bikerbabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm    Author: bikerbabe    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Penny wrote:
GUTTED! I fluffed the interview. I thought they would ask actual questions, but they just plonked me in front of a camera and told me to describe myself and I just blanked! Such a pity, I think I would have done okay in the longer interview. Ah well. Hope somebody from our group got through though, they were all lovely.

Hi Penny,

Really sorry you didnt get through :( Which group were you in?
I was in group 3 and was very surprised when I got through to the next stage. I thought I messed up with nerves so it was a nice surprise. Stage 2 is far more relaxed so you would have been ok with that.
Try again you know what to expect now. XX

Phil 09

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:17 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Sorry to hear you fluffed it, Penny. :( But I guess it's just to be yourself and don't try to be something you're not. I'd be open and honest, add some humour and not rely on sob stories. I'm sure we all have a few of those to tell but I don't think it would work.

Kerry's game springs to mind when, and with all due respect to her and came out £15,000 the better. Was there really any need for the Niagra Falls from the eyeballs?

I've always found it hard to watch games of that ilk. Not that I don't sympathise with any individuals plight, of course I do but an entertainment show such as DonD shouldn't really consist of heartbreaking stories.

Or else King.com would be ousted as sponsors and Kleenex introduced instead. :lol:

Phil.

Penny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Aw, Thanks Bikerbabe. Glad you got through, and hope you get that phonecall soon. I can't remember what group I was in. I did find that first bit with the game and everything quite intense, which didn't help when it came to the interview. I keep on reliving it in my head, going "If only I had prepared something to say" or "If only they had asked me some questions". I really do think I could have gone all the way, but there is no point dwelling on it. I presume you can't apply again, once you've applied once? :P

mickeyjlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Author: mickeyjlo    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Hello Bikerbabe,

I was in your group in Manchester last Wednesday (Group 3). If I'm right in my thinking, you were the one sat with the blokes in the group exercise at the start. I got a silver ticket too - I talked to you briefly towards the end (dark shirt, stubble, a bit non-descript!!)

Anyway, I hope you get through - I have not been able to concentrate on anything else since but sounds as if it could be a long wait! I don't think my 5-minute interview will be good enough though.

Cheers
Michael

Penny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:51 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: Bronze Ticket audition advice

Yay! Great to hear some of us got through anyway. I don't think I was group 3, it may have been group 4 (sorry, random! Just can't remember!). I met loads of people in the lobby and in the group and didn't get to know all about them, but I will remember their faces. There was a cool buzz about the whole thing. Everyone was genuinely thrilled to be there, and it showed.

Hope you get on the show you lot. Keep us informed.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]